84 Lives!!!

2007 Mock Draft Discussion Thread

what happens if tressel=god doesn't select?

If he dosent make a selection by the end of the 1st round. we will put one in for him so that the round has been filled. Unless everyone wants to do it a diffrent way.

If he dosent make a selection by the end of the 1st round. we will put one in for him so that the round has been filled. Unless everyone wants to do it a diffrent way.

Have you PM'd Tressel?

I would recommend making the pick for him after DaBishop selects for the Jets if he is still out of contact...

You don't want to let this get too far out-of-kilter and, IMO, waiting till the end of the 1st round, if that were to happen, would be too much.

Don't know what anyone else thinks, just my 2 cents...

If you wanted a consensus group pick for KC, just add a couple of us to throw a few opinions/options out, and then a group decision or majority decision...

sorry for the delay guys, as you can see in the thread I had other issues going on. I picked Ugoh in the end, but was having a hard time picking between him and Joe Staley. I think Staley will probably end up being the better of the 2 in the end, but I think Ugoh is a better run blocker, and with KC being a run oriented team, I thought he'd be the better pick for that team. I wanted to go WR, but as someone mentioned before, this is a deep draft for WR, and only would've gone WR if Ginn slipped there. Also, DT is a concern for KC, but there was no value on the board for them to take a risk.

Well, Justin Harrell, IMO, isn't worthy of a 1st round pick. Plus, his injury concerns are going to drop him.

Tank Tyler's character issues also don't make him worthy of a 1st round pick.

Those are about the only 2 that I can think of that would be worthy of a 1st round pick. Maybe I'm missing something, it's very possible

doesn't he have that "lazy, questionable work ethic" tag on him? I think he'll go in the 2nd

http://www.gbnreport.com/index.htm

There is a bit of a buzz around the NFL that there is some movement going on in the 2007 draft DT class. In particular, Michigan DT Alan Branch appears to be slipping on draft boards around the league. The 324-pound junior’s number at the combine were actually pretty good as he ran a very respectable 40 time of 5.07 and had 33 reps pressing 225 pounds. Branch, though, reportedly didn’t come across very well in the interview process; Gil Brandt also reports in his pro day update at NFL.com that some scouts thought Branch looked out of shape at Friday’s on-campus workout in Ann Arbor. That combined with the fact that there have been concerns that Branch has a sometimes inconsistent motor on the field has teams with top 10 picks taking a second look at Branch and for now it appears that Louisville’s Amobi Okoye may have replaced Branch as the #1 DT on most draft boards around the NFL. At the same time, it appears that Tennessee DT Justin Harrell may be making a move up into the latter part of this year’s opening round. And that’s probably where Harrell would have been today had he not been forced to miss the second half of the season with a torn biceps muscle. Harrell didn’t hurt his status, though when he played in the Florida game despite the injury; the 6-4, 300-pound Harrell, who ran his 40 in Indianapolis in a solid 5.04. As such we have updated our ranking of this year’s top DTs as well as the GBN Big Board ranking of the top 150 prospects for the 2007 draft.

Man, this draft is really slowing down now... The board in general has been painfully slow the last few days.

well...um...it is the middle of March...just some food for thought.

I think Okoye is gonna be an absolute manimal. Just the fact that he's only 19 and already as good as he is should have teams drooling over him. If I had anything resembling a need at DT he'd be my choice.

Jeez...how is Okoye still on the board? He's very likely going to make it to the Colts at #32 as the Ravens, Chargers, and Bears have no need for him. Wow.

Jeez...how is Okoye still on the board? He's very likely going to make it to the Colts at #32 as the Ravens, Chargers, and Bears have no need for him. Wow.

He's not. See pick #8

He's not.

I already selected him for Houston at #8...

PS: Yeah... what lesgoblu said... :grin:

Sounds like a whole lotta Sam Adams there. He was so amazing in practice and for three or four plays a game that he looked like the best defensive tackle of all time. The other 93% of the time he looked asleep. Never became what he could have. The motor thing really is important, especially in a defender.

Sounds like a whole lotta Sam Adams there. He was so amazing in practice and for three or four plays a game that he looked like the best defensive tackle of all time. The other 93% of the time he looked asleep. Never became what he could have. The motor thing really is important, especially in a defender.

See.....

Shaun Rogers.

Damn you Nate I actually considered him the best WR in the draft and even considered him at #11 but thought he would slip under the radar and fall to the 2nd round.

You got the best WR in the draft there. ( next to CJ of course)...

Not at all comparable to Sam Adams, who's had a pretty good career. He's more of a Shaun Cody type.