84 Lives!!!

2007 Mock Draft Discussion Thread

I have Chris Houston from Arkansas as the top CB on my board.

Depends what kind of defensive system you run. Houston is more of a man-to-man, pure cover corner whereas Hall is better against the run and a good zone-type guy. I think both guys are 15-20 type picks.

okay so the easy pick here would have been Lynch.............and with the possible additions of Moss and Courtney Anderson those positions were out of the question........so with AP gone i was focused on the secondary...........safeties Landry and Nelson would have been perfect but they were gons so i decided to go with real value here and select cb Leon Hall..........prob the #1 cb in the draft..............with woodson aging and ahmad carroll sucking i think this is a perfect pick for GB......................tho lynch would have been the most popular pick i think you can get similar type backs in 2nd and 3rd rds......AP was head and shoulders above all RBs

with reggie nelson already picked, I had to take Ted Ginn to give the Jags a fast game breaking WR. they are like the Lions, keep taking WR, but still need them.

I dont mean to make it sound like I was dogging your pick....but that was just what I was thinking!!

i know what yor saying, I dont know how good he will be either, but I am picking like Jax, and i think with Nelson off the board and Ginn there, they would make that pick.

I think the same thing about Brady Quinn, but I know he will still be taken high

Whats with the Charles Johnson pick?? He was graded out to be a mid Second rounder on my board and hes the 9th defensive end.

Bit of a reach?

Whats with the Charles Johnson pick?? He was graded out to be a mid Second rounder on my board and hes the 9th defensive end.

Bit of a reach?

http://football.about.com/od/playerprofiles/p/charlesjohnson.htm

Overview:

A high-risk, high-reward prospect, Johnson will intrigue many teams, especially teams like Miami that run a hybrid defense. He's already a top prospect, and the better he does at the Combine, the higher he goes. Expect him to go in the upper half of the first round, with a good chance at cracking the top ten.

I'm picking Dwayne Bowe for the Titans. His strengths are his size and toughness, and he's willing to go get the ball over the middle. Make's up for a lack of breakaway speed by using his superior strength to gain seperation from DB's. I was going with DB first, but changed my strategy after Tennessee signed Harper from Indy.

I'm picking Dwayne Bowe for the Titans. His strengths are his size and toughness, and he's willing to go get the ball over the middle. Make's up for a lack of breakaway speed by using his superior strength to gain seperation from DB's. I was going with DB first, but changed my strategy after Tennessee signed Harper from Indy.

Good pick for the Titans. That gives VY a big target to throw to when he's scrambling around looking downfield. Brandon Jones - Dwayne Bowe will make a real good WR tandem with their complementary styles.

I'll be drafting for Nate when the Chargers come up. He told me he would not be available.

I'll be drafting for Nate when the Chargers come up. He told me he would not be available.

Give him Troy Smith in the 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I might have to do something like that. The last thing the Chargers need is more talent.

So here was my blockbuster Mock Draft trade:

The Texans were going to select Laron Landry, BPA.

The Cowboys were going to select Drew Stanton, and trade him, their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks in 2007, plus a 2008 2nd round pick, for Laron Landry, and the Texans 4th round pick.

Cowboys would be able to pair Laron Landry with Roy Williams, and have the Texans higher 4th round pick for BPA that falls past the 1st day (WR, CB... ???).

And Texans would get Stanton to groom behind Carr, and have multiple 2nds & 3rds to rebuild their D and their O-Line.

Whaddya guys think???

PS: Since no trades, the Cowboys "settle" for Michael Griffin. :grin:

I think he'll be more reliable than Merriweather, though Brandon may be the better player...

Also, I don't like what I'm hearing about the Cowboys drafting a CB and moving Anthony Henry to FS... I think that's a dumb move. (Not that I'm a Cowboy fan... quite the opposite. But it's still a dumb move IMO.) Smarter to pick a new, fast safety, and get developmental CB's in the later rounds. Plus, I don't see any good FS's after the top 4. But I see oodles of CB's that can be had in the 2nd to 5th rounds that are either ready, close-to-ready, or can be developed into a starting or 5th CB... IMO.

Hey guys,

sorry i took a while to make the pick. i didnt check until half way through today. i had 3 players on my radar, Lynch (pick before to giants), Brown (denver), Griffin (pick after to cowboys). I figured Levi made the most sense with Foster gone. Solidifies the line for years to come. Some mocks had him goin top 10.

PS Happy St Paddy's Day everyone!

Hey guys,

sorry i took a while to make the pick. i didnt check until half way through today. i had 3 players on my radar, Lynch (pick before to giants), Brown (denver), Griffin (pick after to cowboys). I figured Levi made the most sense with Foster gone. Solidifies the line for years to come. Some mocks had him goin top 10.

PS Happy St Paddy's Day everyone!

That's a pretty good pick for the Broncos. They're getting a lot of value as Brown was typically looked at as a 10-15 type guy and they're bringing in youth to solidify a very old offensive line.

Ooo...Michael Griffin to the Cowboys. I thought they might go for a CB there to complement Terrance Newman, but they decided to team a Texas alum with an Oklahoma alum in Roy Williams.

Ooo...Michael Griffin to the Cowboys. I thought they might go for a CB there to complement Terrance Newman, but they decided to team a Texas alum with an Oklahoma alum in Roy Williams.

I like the Roy Williams/ Michael Griffin tandem, plus whatever CB's fall to the 2nd & 3rd round, rather than the other way around...

(Although the Roy Williams/Laron Landry tandem would've been nasty!!! :grin:)

The only problem I see with the Williams/Griffin tandem is that they both excel in run support and laying out the TEs/WRs who dare to go over the middle, but struggle in deep coverage. They are just a little bit to similar for my liking.