Motor City Sonics

Ted Leo & The Pharmacists

I pre-ordered it already. I've only heard three songs from it, but everyone says it's heavier and angrier. Can't wait for it, as I'm a big fan (Ted was my avatar for a long time when I joined to board). I'll be at his show at the Magic Stick next month.

He's a super nice guy as well

robted.jpg

Saw him in San Francisco last Friday. Great show. Though the new stuff didn't go over as well as the old stuff (though it may be a familiarity issue). Crowd definitely didn't react as much.

The album can be streamed in it's entirety on MTVU

http://www.mtvu.com/music/the_leak/ted_leo/

After just hearing it for the first time, I must say that I think it's not as good as his last three albums. Then again, listening to it at 64/kbs probably isnt the best way to really judge it. Also even a lesser Ted Leo album is still awesome. Let's see how it sounds when I get my official copy next week.

Got it in the mail. It's awesome! I'm not sure if it's better than The Tyranny of Distance, or Hearts of Oak, but it's pretty damn solid. Ted has yet to let me down.

My favorites are "La Costa Brava" and "Who Do You Love?"

I gotta say, surprisingly I have never checked him out.

I think I always tossed it aside as boring britpop. I''ll have to give it a listen then.

I gotta say, surprisingly I have never checked him out.

I think I always tossed it aside as boring britpop. I''ll have to give it a listen then.

Think Paul Weller/ The Jam , the Pogues, and early Elvis Costello mixed in with a little DC area punk.