Fool Inc.

Bertuzzi To Detroit

In a breaking news update, 1130 FAN has announced that the Wings have acquired Bertuzzi. Nothing else is known about the trade though.

In a breaking news update, 1130 FAN has announced that the Wings have acquired Bertuzzi. Nothing else is known about the trade though.

How much time and money does Bertuzzi have left on his contract?

This is a big risk. Hope it works out though. May not be enough to get this team deep into the playoffs. However, if he can get on that second line, stay healthy, and help to rejuvenate Lang, it'll be like getting two players.

Fantastic trade.

If bertuzzi resigns -- 2nd round pick.

If bert is a top scorer and Detroit is a final four team, they surrender a 1st round pick.

If bert is on the team and they make teh SCF they surrender the 1st round pick.

Antbody know when he'll be able to get into the lineup? Tonight is probably unrealistic, but maybe his forst game as a wing is against the Avs on Sunday?

I was just talking with a buddy of mine about how we need another Shanny type plater. A player that can score and throw his weight around and enforce when needed. I despise the guy, but it is what we needed. Another cup run might make me like him more... heh.

can he even play, he hasnt been in a game since october

He has had a back injury, hes probably not ready to go yet, but soon. He is skating though.

That will add a little needed spice to the Avs rivalry. He will play tonight I believe.

Babcock was just on wxyt, and said that Bertuzzi's still rehabing, and it looks like he'll be out for a few games before he makes his debut.

Not a bad deal at all. Pretty much what we needed. I hate losing a 20 year old 6-4, 200+ centermen who can skate and score, but I didn't like our 2007 ceiling with the current roster of forwards. However, that's one of the advantages of being loaded down on the farm as the Red Wings are once again, and better than giving up prospects like Kindl, Emmerton, Mursak or even Grigorenko.

If Bert can stay healthy, and with the play of our defense and Hasek, the cup is certainly within our sights again. Calder will be like adding another younger version of Maltby to the rotation.

Babcock was just on wxyt, and said that Bertuzzi's still rehabing, and it looks like he'll be out for a few games before he makes his debut.

True, but everyone on both sides pretty much agrees it's just a matter of Bertuzzi getting into game shape now. I'm having Chelios flashbacks now, as I transition into rooting for one of our most hated rivals. Bertuzzi can certainly be one great player when healthy.

I'm having Chelios flashbacks now, as I transition into rooting for one of our most hated rivals.

Wow. I was thinking about how it could be possible to like someone I had once hated, and you hit it right on the head. The same thing could be said for Coffey, but in that case it was more of an admiration to me.

I can't wait until Bert gets into this lineup. I hope he puts that little punk Jordan Tootoo threw the glass knocks Forsberg out of his senses.