hueytaxi

Lakeland 2007 Minor League Photo Thread

Will we have photos of the first minor league games on 3/17 ??? According to my schedule it is AA & AAA at home vs cleveland....

Any idea what time the game will be on 3/17?

Will try and find out. Right now it is reactionary scheduling. Hope to see you again. Haven't had the opportunity to say hello to CT.

Holy Skinny Cow!!!

Is that Rainwater in shorts and the yellow polo???

Is he serious about having a good year this year?!?!?!?!

More power to him... I would LOVE to see him break out!!!

Think Rainy has a lady-friend....:wink:

Will try and find out. Right now it is reactionary scheduling. Hope to see you again. Haven't had the opportunity to say hello to CT.

Thanks Roger! We'll be there sometime that morning, but don't want to miss anything. Let us know if you find out anything more concrete.

Here is the WM & Lakeland schedule, ...when they are at home, the AA & AAA teams are on the road.....In the past, CAMP DAYS are usually intersquad games about 10-11 AM...maybe Roger can check it out for us....

Spring Training Schedule -2007

All Games begin at 1:00pm

3/17: at CLE

3/18: Camp Day

3/19: vs HOU

3/20: vs. ATL

3/21: at HOU

3/22: at CLE

3/23: at ATL

3/24: vs. CLE

3/25: Camp Day

3/26: vs. CLE

3/27: vs. ATL

3/28: Camp Day

3/29: vs. HOU

3/30: at CLE

3/31: vs. CLE

4/1: Drivers break camp

4/2: Flyers break camp

Roger, I'll be down this weekend. Do you know yet if we will be able to get to the minor league fields on ML game days? And as always, thanks for the pics.

Think Rainy has a lady-friend....:wink:

Well then...

She's been GOOD for him I take it?!?!?!

Or at least it shows in that pic... if that's her doing!!! (Healthy cooking?)

Laster had a good Instructional League. Certainly has a strong bat that should progress with better pitch recognition. OF anticipation was quite good.

Thanks for the info Huey. I noticed when I selected him that his average was a bit lower than I like to see but his power was noticeable. I'm glad to hear he is progressing....

Roger, I'll be down this weekend. Do you know yet if we will be able to get to the minor league fields on ML game days? And as always, thanks for the pics.
The official word is only family and press will be allowed on game days. I haven't tried it yet so can't comment. The main problem is the players park along the runway connecting the minor complex from the clubhouse and the autograph seekers crowd them as they leave. Security is trying to prevent that from happening by not allowing access inside the gate..

No pix today as the boys drilled and had PM BP. Had ex MTS poster EM and her friend Julie join me most of the day. Their enjoyment of hearing the cleats on the gravel, the sound of 20 balls slapping leather at once, the grass and warm sun made my day. They did the photos today and I'm sure they would not mind me posting a link to their Flickr later tonight when they get their stuff uploaded. We enjoyed fresh strawberries and became closer friends. Whitecapcat had the opportunity to join us in the PM and took my friends on a tour of the complex since they had it closed for spectators today. Nothing like going first class on your first trip to Lakeland. I've got to skip tomorrow due to carpet cleaning and lawn pest control. More on Thursday.

Ian is hosting a TV show and was actually on the job at Tigertown. I mentioned this to another pitcher who was concerned that the word would get out and hurt Ian's future. Ian told us (Jo and Fred for the GR folks) that he was having Tigers like Hondo and Burnsie on his show as well as other famous Tigers. He was definitely not hiding his intentions. I was wondering how he was "working" while he should have been in uniform.
Spoke with Ian today and he had either seen or heard of this comment. He let me know that he had already finished his practice for the day and was on his own time. I should have left the last line off my comment. Also Hondo is Larry Herndon and Burnsie is Britt Burns. I would love to see his show.

I've got to skip tomorrow due to carpet cleaning and lawn pest control. More on Thursday.

DARN, I hate it when work comes B-4 Pleasure, don't you ?!?!? Wendy won't be at your house long enought to see if there is carpet or not...she will be at the fields 95% of the time....

DARN, I hate it when work comes B-4 Pleasure, don't you ?!?!? Wendy won't be at your house long enought to see if there is carpet or not...she will be at the fields 95% of the time....
As little as I work compared with Team Mom, I've got to protect my interest in my workshop.

so that's where Em and Jules are! I hope everyone is having fun down there and wish I could be there. I'm going to have to skip adult nationals one year to do spring training instead.

Following AM practice and drills, the players broke for lunch and then had a scrimmage. For the first time we could see the levels of expected player assignment. The A ballers were divided into 2 squads that appeared to be a equal mix of WM, Oneonta and GCL led by Brookens and Bradshaw. The other two squads held a mix of last years' Lakeland squad, AA and AAA. I didn't spend as much time with the upper level players, but Cotto was on that squad. I have pix of the line up card for two of the squads at game start and didn't stay for the end. Will post later.

Something I forgot to add. For those who remember the quality of umpires in Lakeland during the strike, I had my old friend Gerald behind the plate today. I had no problem with his calls today.

All those who would have rather spent the day like Roger versus what they actually did, raise your hand!

I didn't spend as much time with the upper level players, but Cotto was on that squad. I have pix of the line up card for two of the squads at game start and didn't stay for the end. Will post later.

Cool! :cool:

Some shots from today:

The Line up for one squad of AA/AAA, the Hernandez is Michael.

422373259_1dd0cb84c4.jpg

The Line up of one squad of A ball:

422373475_ebc2d57266.jpg

Rainwater starts

422373641_fca154eeb7.jpg

Kauten gets his inning

422374944_5c065930b7.jpg

Rusch also adds an inning

422373031_66028d3a7f.jpg

Bumstead on the AA/AAA field

422375689_5deb53ed07.jpg

Maples about to express his thoughts on a short high fly

422375866_f14846f25d.jpg

Roger, is that the field that the GCL kids play on during the regular season?

Dugouts look familiar from your last year's GCL shots.

Great shots, BTW!

They are playing on the same two fields; the front two of the quad complex. I'm making no attempt to stay inside the wire this ST. Too many kids and too much staff; I would only be in the way.