hueytaxi

2007 Lakeland Spring Training

Lakeland Local posts here and I ran into him almost literally in our small crowd at ST today. He was telling me about how he had tweaked his site and I know he won't advertise it here. If you are coming to Lakeland, he has links to a lot of great information. Now he even has a link to map the other Florida ST centers from Lakeland with driving directions from Tigertown. In todays article, he lets us know that the Lakeland Library has an extensive file of historic Tigers photos available. Strange a year ago, I was told this did not exist. Check his site out, I do.

http://lakelandlocal.com/

Great to see JV finally signed for her!

I'd like to see a shot of Leyland smoking a cig - Think you're up for it Roger? Probably would be hard to get.

I would imagine that Leyland has gotten pretty good about hiding his smoking while "on the clock." But if I recall, I think Roger got one of him sitting in the stands smoking a cigarette sometime in the last year or year and a half. Right after he had been hired and was in Lakeland checking out the team. Was that fall instructs of 2005? I remember a bunch of jokes about it back then.

Great to see JV finally signed for her!

I'd like to see a shot of Leyland smoking a cig - Think you're up for it Roger? Probably would be hard to get.

393372714_b20bc3c3aa.jpg

Question...I'm going to Spring Training in mid March (first time) and I wondered what goes on at Lakeland when the team has a scheduled night road game? Will they be working out in the morning in this case? The night game is with the Nationals and I'm debating whether to go to Melbourne or catch an Indians or Yankees game in scouting mode instead. Probably will have a few other questions as well so TIA for any responses.

Lakeland Local posts here and I ran into him almost literally in our small crowd at ST today. He was telling me about how he had tweaked his site and I know he won't advertise it here. If you are coming to Lakeland, he has links to a lot of great information. Now he even has a link to map the other Florida ST centers from Lakeland with driving directions from Tigertown. In todays article, he lets us know that the Lakeland Library has an extensive file of historic Tigers photos available. Strange a year ago, I was told this did not exist. Check his site out, I do.

http://lakelandlocal.com/

Gotta find that picture of Leyland as a Lakeland Tiger manager.

Gotta find that picture of Leyland as a Lakeland Tiger manager.
I thought it was you that asked me to search for that but wasn't sure. At the time they denied having any Tiger photos.

It was 32 degrees when I crawled out of bed at 5AM. That is way too cold for Florida .

I got my fix of players today. Finally getting Justin's autograpgh and a big hug and smile. Several people laughed at us. Huey caught it on camera. My co-worked got his autograph before me and I was upset. Once I get this boot and wrap off I am going to have to kick his butt and hopefully not break the other foot. I will show him a thing or 2.

Also talked to Maybin he definately has braces. He said he had to have something new this year. He is ready to hopefully start in Lakeland this year.

I also got hugs from Granderson and Clevlen, Brent said you don't know her when I got my hug and he said sure I do, she makes the birthday cakes. How nice to be remembered like that from 3-4 years ago.

Zuyma had to let all of us know he was not properly dressed to sign autographs showing up in plaid shorts and striped shirt. He quickly changed his shirt and came over to the fence to sign.

Huey and I talked to Britt Burns after the players were done and he was actually talkative today. He was talking about the dynamics of the pitchers during their release and what they don't know they are doing. It was very intersting. He said he had took every breath with the pitchers for every pitch during the World Series.

Wendy, am I making you jealous yet? We will do our best to give you nice weather while you are here.

Need to wake Yoda up and make him go to bed. He is whipped from moving all day.

32 at 5 am means that it was likely in the mid to upper 40's down there today. Thats warm enough for short sleeve shirts.

Wish it was that warm around here.

The little guy next to me in the pic is my co-workers son. He even walked up to Jusin and got an autograph. He snuck away from us and got it without us knowing it. Just think how he will be in a few years when he can move around more freely on his own.

I am so glad you guys are making fun of us for the(as you call it) mild winter. Beleive you me I have seen cold weather. 55 below zero actual temperature in Fairbanks, Al.

It was 32 degrees when I crawled out of bed at 5AM. That is way too cold for Florida .

I got my fix of players today. Finally getting Justin's autograpgh and a big hug and smile. Several people laughed at us. Huey caught it on camera. My co-worked got his autograph before me and I was upset. Once I get this boot and wrap off I am going to have to kick his butt and hopefully not break the other foot. I will show him a thing or 2.

Also talked to Maybin he definately has braces. He said he had to have something new this year. He is ready to hopefully start in Lakeland this year.

I also got hugs from Granderson and Clevlen, Brent said you don't know her when I got my hug and he said sure I do, she makes the birthday cakes. How nice to be remembered like that from 3-4 years ago.

Zuyma had to let all of us know he was not properly dressed to sign autographs showing up in plaid shorts and striped shirt. He quickly changed his shirt and came over to the fence to sign.

Huey and I talked to Britt Burns after the players were done and he was actually talkative today. He was talking about the dynamics of the pitchers during their release and what they don't know they are doing. It was very intersting. He said he had took every breath with the pitchers for every pitch during the World Series.

Wendy, am I making you jealous yet? We will do our best to give you nice weather while you are here.

Need to wake Yoda up and make him go to bed. He is whipped from moving all day.

I am smiling, glad that "your guys" are back after being replaced by some aliens for a week or so. :wink: You know I can't wait to get down there, but I think I will hold off until you all arrange wake up weather in the 70's. :happy: I want to get away from the cold. Hopefully there will be a few hugs left for me (from the guys I know). Team Mom, don't you dare kick your co-worker--I want you healthy when I get there. Besides, just remember, your co-worker may have gotten an autograph before you, but did he get the smile and hug you did? I don't think so.

More proof that Dombrowski does smile occasionally... Avila and Leyland also pictured:

tigs-01.jpg

Miller:

tigs-02.jpg

Bonderman stretches out:

tigs-03.jpg

According to the caption this is one of the Tigers best young prospects....

tigs-04.jpg

tigs-05.jpg

Ivan apparently was the catcher for Joel today according to the caption:

tigs-06.jpg

Joel and Verlander:

tigs-07.jpg

tigs-08.jpg

Miller with Matlack in the background:

tigs-09.jpg

Wilfredo:

tigs-10.jpg

I would guess that 60% of the fans are from Michigan right now and most are bundled up. The Ch17 anchor continues to wear slacks and a long sleeve shirt with the tails out. The DetNews photojournalist Mandi is bundled up properly. A few young brave souls did show in shorts and Tees.

Forecast is for 40 degrees in the morning and it is there already. 29 tomorrow morning and mid 40's both days by 10 AM. Tomorrow will be very windy. I don't expect anything organized tomorrow, but will make the trip anyway to ssee what is happening.

Clevlen, Granderson, Kirkland at the very least:

tigs-11.jpg

More Maybin:

tigs-12.jpg

Granderson:

tigs-13.jpg

Joel and Justin with Dombrowski and Jones? in the background:

tigs-14.jpg

Miller with Jeff Jones in the background:

tigs-15.jpg

Virgil Vasquez:

tigs-16.jpg

Yorman Bazardo:

tigs-17.jpg

Miller signs a bat:

tigs-18.jpg

Leyland signs a ball:

tigs-19.jpg

Joker Marchant Stadium:

tigs-20.jpg

I don't expect anything organized tomorrow, but will make the trip anyway to ssee what is happening.

Roger, just curious - how far away do you live from the complex?

Miller is one skinny dude. He looks downright fragile...

He is skinny. I wouldn't worry about it in terms of his stamina or ability to make it through 34 starts.