hueytaxi

2007 Lakeland Spring Training

It was a great game to watch and an even better day to take off from work and watch these guys battle out a win. Maroth looked great until he fell apart in the 5th, but still looked pretty good this spring. I was also nice to chat with Huey & Team Mom for alittle bit. Can't wait to get the season underway.

Question please..........

How did Lavele Speigner of the 'Nats look today. He's a Rule 5 and hadn't given up an earned run all spring before today. Looked like from the boxscore that he did very well in the 6th, 7th and 8th, but, had some problems in the 9th.

Any observations on his day will be welcome. He's a former Auburn player and will be now "on the bubble" for making the roster out of ST with them. Thanks in advance for the thoughts......

Here is the best picture I could find of the bees. At one point, so many bees were on this BP equipment that it was removed from the field. There was literally a ball of bees hanging off when they rolled it away (carefully of course).

beesty0.jpg

That picture give me the heebie-jeebies, Deadshot. You can just see all those little bees swarming around! Thanks for posting the shot!

http://theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070326/NEWS/703260375/1002/SPORTS

Bees on Screens, and Butts in Seats (Or Rears on Berms):

NOTES: Sunday's crowd of 9,066 fell just short of the record of 9,140 set on March 10 against Boston.

Casimir and I were two of those people! We had Gen Admission seats, so we sat in the outfield grass and it was blazing hot. Cas has the sunburn to prove it, because he refused to miss parts of the game to get into shade for awhile.

Now we are back in the real world, and it kinda sucks...

Casimir and I were two of those people! We had Gen Admission seats, so we sat in the outfield grass and it was blazing hot. Cas has the sunburn to prove it, because he refused to miss parts of the game to get into shade for awhile.

That's how I tan. Get a real good burn and then just let it fade. That's just how I roll.

Now we are back in the real world, and it kinda sucks...

True dat. My office AC was broken today, and I really enjoyed sweltering in the ensuing 83 stagnant degrees. I don't miss them damn mutant bugs that swarmed around from time to time. What are they called, "lovebugs"? Annoying little bastages.