DTroppens

Yahoo! Going to the Pistons-Nets game

They still had good tickets left today at the Palace when I went to buy tickets for Saturday night's game - and I'm not talking about the Globetrotters' game.

Remeber AAA members - two tickets for the price of one and if you get there early enough Rebracca bobblehead dolls. If anyone is going I'll post my seats on the thread later if you want to say hi.

Hey Tropp:

Why don't you just give in, and buy a season ticket package?

:classic: you seem to go to a LOT of games.

I'm jealous of you...my work hours are not conducive to me getting out to the Palace for those 7:30 starts...I don't get home until much too late to get up at my usual 3:15 AM.

therefore, I watch them all on the tube.

Anyway, enjoy...it promises to be a good game.

A few reasons DF,

1. I never really know when I can go to the games so I may get tickets to games I can't go to and nothing upsets me more than that.

2. I think getting tickets through the AAA deal is much cheaper than being a season-ticket holder.

3. My wife would never allow me to go to 20-odd games a year. I can get away with about 10 but that's about it and even then I have to do some barganing.

4. Finding someone who would want to get season tickets with me would be near impossible I think. I go sometimes with my brother, sometimes with my wife and other times with another friend. I even went to a game alone last year. However, none of them would want to go into a season-ticket package, which means I'd have to get two tickets and probably watch it waste away often.

Of course the problem with the way I am doing it is when the playoffs come I could have a lot of troubles getting playoff tickets. Then again, I don't know how many of those games I'd be able to go to either. Last year I went to the only two games that I really had a shot to go to (of course both were wins).

DF,

I had those hours in the past too. That's one of the reasons why I've jumped on going to games now that I have a little bit of different hours (or at least can juggle my schedule a bit sometimes) so I can go to games. When I first moved back to the Detroit area I spent my time getting home at 2 a.m. and watching the game on 50 on the tape delay basis everytime they were on.

I love the replays in the middle of the night. I can usually catch the second half while I'm drinking my first cups of coffee before leaving for work.

.... and I just found out that Jason Kidd has a groin injury, so he might not even play...

But I'm going to stand by my prediction that they beat the Pistons anyway.

EXCUSES ALREADY!

Man, is that pathetic or what?!?

In Detroit we call it depth. We lose a guy that started the season as a starter (Rebraca) and we bring up some guy from Turkey and he becomes one of our best assets off the bench (Okur).

Injuries or no injuries, you play with the hand you are dealt. Do all Nets fans whine as much as you do Sue BEFORE the game has even been played? :classic:

I'm ready for a good verbal fight here!

Originally posted by DTroppens

EXCUSES ALREADY!

Man, is that pathetic or what?!?

In Detroit we call it depth. We lose a guy that started the season as a starter (Rebraca) and we bring up some guy from Turkey and he becomes one of our best assets off the bench (Okur).

Injuries or no injuries, you play with the hand you are dealt. Do all Nets fans whine as much as you do Sue BEFORE the game has even been played? :classic:

I'm ready for a good verbal fight here!

Verbal THIS, you big dope.... <insert one finger salute> :classic:

I'm not whining, (AND believe me, I've seen whining about the Tigers and the Yankees... here on this MB for the last three years) and I'm sure not backing down from my prediction...

I thought I made that clear, but I forgot I was talking to a Michigan native..... so I'll talk SLLLOOOOOWWWEEERRRRR.

THE....NETS....WILL.... WIN....

When I lived in Illinois I also had three nuclear power plants within 20 miles of my home so you probably have to talk to me slower than most.

You know, Sue...

When us Detroiters survey the landscape here, and look at the downtown that is a shell of its former self, we sigh, smile and say...

At least we don't live in NEW JERSEY!

:cool:

Oh please..... have you even ever been in the state? (Or did you once fly into newark airport and then scurry out of the state?)

Good. The more of you who stay away, the better. :smoker:

And Detroit? Makes Newark look like it's golden. :classic:

I wouldn't go that far, Sue....

Newark, Irvington...what a lovely area! For the record, I have been to New Jersey. Princeton is nice...so is the Jersey Shore. Trenton leaves something to be desired.

I am just kidding around, of course. New Jersey has the worst reputation of any state (although Delaware deserves some votes.) and Detroit has the worst reputation of any city. In that regard, we are forever linked.

At least people think Detroiters and New Jerseyans? Jersites? are tough.

DETROIT: WHERE THE WEAK ARE KILLED AND EATEN.

I've been in New Jersey twice.

1. The time I went to see the Lions play in Philly we ended up driving through New Jersey (it took about two minutes).

2. When our bus coming home from Sagraties (the second Woodstock) got lost and ended up in New Jersey.

.... too bad the Jersey Devil didn't get ya.

You're right, DF..... a tough reputation is something that Detroiters and Joisey-ites share.

DT:

I went to the Palace today and used AAA card to get tickets. THats a heck of a deal. Maybe I'll see you there. I'm in Section 213. NOt the greatest seats but they aren't bad. WHere are yers?

Simple Simon

My seats are Section 217, Row 15, seats 12-15. We should be there fairly early. We aren't too excited about the bobblehead dolls so we probably won't be making that a motivating factor to get there two hours early, but we should be early.