beek_27

2007 All-Time Adopt-A-Tiger Selection Thread!!!

Welcome to the 2007 All-Time Adopt-A-Tiger Draft

Most of us have participated in the annual AAT draft so marvelously set up by Shaggy Ry. This will be very similar with a few minor differences (besides the obvious fact that this is the All-Time AAT draft).......so here are the.........

Rules of Engagement:

• Selections should be listed on the official all-time Tigers roster (link). If not, justify your selection!
  • No current players allowed - that's what the annual AAT draft is for.
  • Pick #1 - Pick #20 will each have 24 hours to make their respective selections. Only one person on the clock until they pick, then the next person.....and so on.
  • Pick #21 - Last Pick: 2 people simultaneously on the clock in a 24 hour period. Once one of the two picks, the next person in the draft goes on the clock.....and so on.
  • Know when you're on the clock - however, if you miss your 24 hour period you can select at anytime.
  • If you don't need the full 24 hours, don't take it. Try to keep this thing going.....
  • If someones "busts" their 24 hour time limit, the next person on the list is free to pick....and so on....
  • Give a brief background on your selection and state why you selected him.
  • Posting pictures, stats, misc. info with your selection is highly encouraged!
  • Once you've selected your All-Time Tiger, you've officially adopted him through 2007. Be prepared to defend your player's historic performance through thick & thin!
  • Listing your "All-Time Adopt-A-Tiger" in your signature line with appropriate links is highly encouraged! This will help us get to know the Tigers of the past better.
  • When you make your pick, state who's "on the clock" next.....

Note: I can't access this site at work, but I'll do the best I can to post the results as they happen or as soon as possible. That being the case, please try to keep track of the picks as much as possible.

Draft Order & Results:

#1 - Johnny Mac - Ty Cobb

#2 - JTShow - Al Kaline

#3 - detroitdan - Mickey Tettleton

#4 - walewander - Lance Parrish

#5 - shorts - Travis Fryman

#6 - zachcadillac - Hal Newhouser

#7 - CanTig - Dick McAuliffe

#8 - Corky - Paul Foytack

#9 - Los Gatos - Ernie Harwell

#10 - cruzer1 - Tommy Bridges

#11 - syrett4 - Aurelio Rodriguez

#12 - DaYooperASBDT - Pete Fox

#13 - 84 Lives!!! - Charlie Gehringer

#14 - wolverinefan - Willie Horton

#15 - TigersSlappy - Alan Trammell

#16 - Team Mom - Cecil Fielder

#17 - ClintD - Jack Morris

#18 - Beantown Mary - Tony Phillips

#19 - Blue Square Thing - Al Shaw

#20 - baseballglove007 - Sparky Anderson

#21 - One Man's Fool - Danny Meyer

#22 - monkeytargets37 - Lou Whitaker

#23 - DennisDubay - Kirk Gibson

#24 - Oblong - Frank Tanana

#25 - DTownPride - Sam Crawford

#26 - wingedwheel - Chet Lemon

#27 - motownphilly - John Hiller

#28 - beek_27 - Hank Greenberg

#29 - Charles Liston - Rocky Colavito

#30 - whitecapwendy - Tom Brookens

#31 - NATE - Harry Heilmann

#32 - treyKemper - George Kell

#33 - mancity09 - Mark Fidrych

#34 - lesgoblue02 - Dan Petry

#35 - keglerv - Norm Cash

#36 - tiger paw paw - can pick any time

#37 - BiggieG - Ray Oyler

#38 - GartenSpartan - Mickey Cochrane

#39 - Tramlou - Bobby Higginson

#40 - redshark63 - Bobby Veach

#41 - ToledoTigerFan - John Wockenfuss

#42 - Doctor Detroit - Ron Leflore

#43 - BigCec - Herman Schaefer

#44 - tiger337 - Goose Goslin

#45 - jbgtigers - Mickey Lolich

#46 - CaliforniaDreaming - Barbaro Garbey

#47 - Brent - Ken Szotkiewicz

#48 - shabba4detroit - can pick any time

#49 - davidsb - Mickey Stanley

#50 - Greenberg #5 - Jim Bunning

#51 - hueytaxi - Stubby Overmire

Free-For-All:

estrepe1 - Bill Freehan

whitecapwendy - Phil Regan

IZMickey - Hank Aguirre

Al de Blanc - Heinie Manush

olbiadle - Hooks Dauss

THECATMAC - Jim Northrup

Hongbit - Steve Kemp

CometGSR - Matt Nokes

ewsieg - Lil Stoner

StatesboroBlues - Hughie Jennings

FloridaTigers - Gene LaMont

MotownRandy - Mike Heath

bigred - Rafael Belliard

GOOD LUCK!

With The First Pick

In The All Time Adopt a Tiger Draft

Johnny Mac Selects....

ty-cobb-1.jpg

TYRUS RAYMOND COBB

The Best Baseball Player of All Time

Career .366 average(#1 all time) .433 obp(#9) 1,937 RBI's(#6) 892 SB(#4)

4,189 hits(#2) 2,246 runs(#2) 295 Triples(#2)

sigh, only two have picked. I am ready, announcement all written. Now if one of you takes my Tiger......:angry: .........I will have to start all over with my plan B (I am almost certain he will still be available)

sigh, only two have picked. I am ready, announcement all written. Now if one of you takes my Tiger......:angry: .........I will have to start all over with my plan B (I am almost certain he will still be available)
Nobody will ever guess my choice, unless they have been reading the history threads VERY closely!

Nobody will ever guess my choice, unless they have been reading the history threads VERY closely!

Da original catalyst?

I'm not going to lie, this was a difficult decision for me. There have been a lot of great Tigers over the years. Since I really started following the Tigers in the early 1990s I've watched Cecil Fielder, Rob Deer, Travis Fryman, Alan Trammell, Lou Whitaker and countless others.

But in 1993 when I was 10 years old I played my only summer of All-Star baseball and we each got our own personalized baseball card. We had our stats on the back and one of them was for our favourite player. Seeing that I am in Canada, most of the other guys picked players from the Blue Jays. But I was a Tigers fan and during that time, Mickey Tettleton was my favourite player. I loved his swing and the way he could drive the ball to the upper right field deck in Tiger Stadium. So with the third pick in this draft, I select catcher Mickey Tettleton.

I'm not going to lie, this was a difficult decision for me. There have been a lot of great Tigers over the years. Since I really started following the Tigers in the early 1990s I've watched Cecil Fielder, Rob Deer, Travis Fryman, Alan Trammell, Lou Whitaker and countless others.

But in 1993 when I was 10 years old I played my only summer of All-Star baseball and we each got our own personalized baseball card. We had our stats on the back and one of them was for our favourite player. Seeing that I am in Canada, most of the other guys picked players from the Blue Jays. But I was a Tigers fan and during that time, Mickey Tettleton was my favourite player. I loved his swing and the way he could drive the ball to the upper right field deck in Tiger Stadium. So with the third pick in this draft, I select catcher Mickey Tettleton.

Excellent choice. Would have been mine for those reasons as well - favorite player growing up not named Tram or Lou; and really didn't expect him to fall all the way down to me :chinese:

If he had to go, happy to see he was a top 3 pick!!

Just a few reminders....

• Know when you're on the clock - however, if you miss your 24 hour period you can select at anytime.
  • If you don't need the full 24 hours, don't take it. Try to keep this thing going.....
  • If someones "busts" their 24 hour time limit, the next person on the list is free to pick....and so on....
  • When you make your pick, state who's "on the clock" next.....

#4 - walewander.....is on the clock

On Deck:

#5 - shorts

#6 - zachcadillac

#7 - CanTig