hueytaxi

Pre Spring Training 07, photo intensive

Took a drive to Tigertown this morning about 8:30. 55 degrees, spitting cold rain and overcast with a strong wind. I was about to give up on anybody arriving when i saw a monster truck pull in...Ryan Rayburn. Then another 4WD and Bonderman got out. A couple of the minor league players walked across and then two of the trainers arrived so i broke out the coffee and set up the camera. A new friend I met today from Ann Arbor joined me and shortly after a nice guy from Toledo came up and we shared the morning together talking Tigers.

A few players came out of the minor league clubhouse and I dee a coach staring my way (about 200 yds away. After a big wave in my direction I zoom in and find Coach Greg Sabat. Nice! The next thing I know, the field is swarming with players from all levels. This year, I recognized most of the players in camp, but in the spirit of the thread from last year...I'm only going to number them today and I'll edit and add names tomorrow. Many are obvious, some I don't know and appreciate the help. It was interesting to hear a couple different players walking by wave and call out "Hey Huey". More fans of MTS! Enough talk and here is today:

1.Verlander, Tata, Bonderman, Zumaya

380839723_ae857142b6_m.jpg

2. 380839822_07f4737794_m.jpg

3. De la Cruz, Sleeth, Tata, Verlander,Dingman, Bonderman, Zumaya

380839897_c05d26cd77_m.jpg

4. Raburn and Giarrantono380839977_79d65014e6_m.jpg

5. Joe Bowen 380840065_3a6a613244_m.jpg

6. Kyle Sleeth380840185_3256ec2ea2_m.jpg

7. Justin Verlander380840301_972149e76d_m.jpg

8. Frankie De la Cruz380840460_97ebcf365e_m.jpg

9. Colin Mahoney 380840551_0ff7d07b32_m.jpg

10. Chris Homer380840730_e36eedef53_m.jpg

Time for page 2.

Is there any way you could use the next size up? I think the 500 x 333's would be easier to see the images. These almost force you to go find a larger resolution.

That being said, awesome pictures! Thank you!!!

Is that a tat on the back of Bondo's right calf?

Yeah, I saw that the other day. Not sure what it is though.

Size is not a problem here, I'll plan on scaling up tomorrow unless I hear objections. Just trying to keep bandwidth down and ease of opening the thread. But if Wendy has hi-speed....doesn't everyone:cheeky:

Tomorrow is forecast to be about 50 degrees at 10 AM, partly cloudy and wind chill of 32 degrees. I was colder today at 55 degrees at 1 PM than I was at 52 degrees at 8:30.. But with Tigers on the field, it was a beautiful morning. And two new friends.

Yeah this morning wasn't bad. When I went to lunch it was cold! I'm glad you're able to get us these shots though. I can't wait until the rest of the team is in camp.

Tomorrow is forecast to be about 50 degrees at 10 AM, partly cloudy and wind chill of 32 degrees. I was colder today at 55 degrees at 1 PM than I was at 52 degrees at 8:30.. But with Tigers on the field, it was a beautiful morning. And two new friends.

Wanna trade spots?

Weather for East Lansing, MI

7°F

Scattered Clouds

Wind: SW at 21 mph

Humidity: 64%

just in time for LOST on Wednesday!

He has to make the set of 24 for tonight's episode. Busy guy.

Awesome to see Verlander, Zoom, and other players that I can't make out! They could be out-of-work electricians running around in Tiger sweatshirts, doesn't matter to me.... this means that those four magical words, "pitchers and catchers report", are right around the corner!

That looks like Orlando Perdomo on the left in that pic.

That's on the right, actually. Well, at least our right. I think you're correct with the ID, though.

Thanks for starting this thread, Huey! I've been looking forward to it ever since the end of the World Series!

Speaking of weather, about 150 schools closed in Northern Michigan today, due to wind chills of 20-30 degrees below zero. Great fun. :lick:
Two of the staff members came across the fields today around noon, one in an oxford long sleeve and the other in a golf shirt. I'm in a sweatshirt and leather bomber. I asked them to please put some clothes on as they were making me cold. Actually, you could venture out in shirt sleeves fine for a few minutes, but after3 1/2 hours in it, I was getting chilled. The Ann Arbor and Toledo guys, were seriously bundled up by departure time.

I think..

#3 Frankie DeLaCruz, leading w/Zumaya at the end...#4 Ryan Raburn, the newlywed! :happy: , #8, Frankie..#10, Chris Homer? Sure looks like Perdono in # 11....

AWESOME....sure warms you heart when it is only 4 deg, the sun did NOT warm anything up...roads very icy, have to use dirt as road salt will not work in the bitter cold....Thanks, Roger....

Frankie De La Cruz = Eulogio? (For those of us who don't know their nicknames). At first I thought #13 was Dmitri Young.

Size is not a problem here, I'll plan on scaling up tomorrow unless I hear objections. Just trying to keep bandwidth down and ease of opening the thread. But if Wendy has hi-speed....doesn't everyone:cheeky:

I think I remember one or two other people whining along with me about dial up last year, but maybe they upgraded too.

Frankie De La Cruz = Eulogio? (For those of us who don't know their nicknames). At first I thought #13 was Dmitri Young.

I still think of him as Eulogio--I took great pride in accomplishing the task of pronouncing it right :classic:

Wendy, who is # 15? almost looks like Tony G.....?? Do you recognize any others? Rabelo must have been hiding, or still at a Super Bowl Party! LOL!