tiger paw paw

Forsberg Red Wing Rumor

Since the comparison will be drawn in a response, I will open by saying that I always liked Chris Chelios, whether it was with Montreal or Chicago. I hate Peter Forsberg. I always felt he was a cry baby and still do, and i would rather not see him in a Wings Jersey.

There is only player I would never want to see in a Wings jersey and it's not Forsberg.

Peter Forsberg? Get the guy. He's not Claude Lemieux. He and Sakic, as much as they hurt us over the years, are simply great players.

As much as I hated watching him score against us, and he did that a lot, I couldn't help but be awed by his skill.

Get the guy.

If we get Forsberg...we basically have the best players from the Swedish national team. Lidstrom, Forsberg, Zetterberg, Holmstrom, Kronwall, Lilja, Franzen,and Mikeal Samuellson.

The Swedish five...I can see it now.

There is only player I would never want to see in a Wings jersey and it's not Forsberg.

How about a hint?

I'm guessing the turtle.

Probably a safe guess, I just lump all of those Av's guys together and hate them all equally.

mccarty-fight.jpg

The turtle. :lick: That said, as much as I don't like Forsberg, aquiring him would give us an absolutely explosive offense.

EDIT: I have a sweet picture of Vladdy destroying Forsberg hanging in my room. Just thought I'd share that. :classic:

While I don't mind the idea of Forsberg on the Wings, I hate the idea of giving up a first rounder. The Wings draft too well to lost a commodity like that for an aging sniper.

While I don't mind the idea of Forsberg on the Wings, I hate the idea of giving up a first rounder. The Wings draft too well to lost a commodity like that for an aging sniper.

Perhaps...but I don't know if I'd call him just a sniper. He's big, draws defenders wherever he goes, can deliver a hit, and scores goals. He really is the complete package.

Our drafts are good because we draft well in the late rounds. Zetterberg, Datsyuk, etc. Forsberg gives them a chance to win one more cup with an aging squad that relies on two players for all their offense. One of which can't do squat in the playoffs.

Forsberg (healthy) would probably make the Wings the team to beat. Forsberg is a monster in the playoffs, and we need someone like that on the wings.

Let's hope the player isn't Datz, Zet, Lids or Kronwall for that matter. Other than than that I would be elated if we added Forsberg. Afterall, we really could use that cup back in Detroit.

i have a feeling the player may be datsyuk, we were rumored to trade him before and he has an expiring contract with a big deal coming

i hope im wrong, i wouldnt do it if it was dats

FORSBERG SCORES OH NO HIS HAMSTRING HAS POPPED OUT OF HIS BODY ALSO BOTH HIS ANKLES HAVE BROKEN OH GOD HIS SPLEEN GREW BACK AND NOW IT'S RUPTURED

no thanks

I would not be opposed to dealing Datsyuk for the right player. Datsyuk has never been a factor in the playoffs, and that's where a player of his caliber is needed most. Plus, Datsyuk isn't exactly the young player that's going to explode one day like we thought he'd be - he'll be 29 in July.

There were Datsuyk for Scott Gomez rumors, so Datsuyk for Forsberg isn't such a bad trade off. Lets put it this way: Forsberg is 5 years older then Datsuyk. Although I don't think it'll be for dats.

My guess is that Detroit will send either Lilja or Williams. This trade would be more of a cap dump then a *** for tat.

I'm guessing the turtle.

You have guessed correctly. I hate that pile of horse dung.

i answered my own question with this from the freep

Unless the Wings experience significant injuries over the coming month, which would affect the $44-million cap, they will be able to take on nearly $8 million in face-value contracts. That means there'd be room for Forsberg's pro-rated $5.75-million contract, plus an additional player.