detroitdan

McNabb unhappy in Philly - trade idea

A friend of mine sent me a link which said that Donovan McNabb is unhappy with the Eagles and might want to be traded, the article mentioned Minnesota and Tampa as possible destinations.

He proposed this trade:

Detroit gets: McNabb, Eagles 2007 1st rounder

Philly gets: Mike Williams, Lions 2007 1st rounder

This is by no means an official trade rumour, it was something a friend of mine came up with. Just wondering what you guys think. There are good and bad points (getting a proven QB, getting rid of a problem in Mike Williams/getting an injury prone QB, moving down 8 spaces in the draft). I would be hesistant because of McNabb's injury history, but I don't think it's the worst trade idea I've ever heard. Thoughts?

Here's the link by the way http://www.nj.com/columns/times/eckel/index.ssf?/base/columns-0/116952879274120.xml&coll=5&thispage=2

Maybe if Matt Millen suddenly became the President and GM of the Eagles because no sane GM would trade their franchise QB AND a #1 pick for a fat WR bust who very well may be released and a shot to draft and develop a QB who will probably never be as good as McNabb is now.

Silly.

i wish joe dumars or dd ran the lions. then, we MAY be able to talk about somehow (def. not via your trade) getting mcnabb.

It's amazing how he was unhappy because he could travel with the team on road games, shame he never had a problem last year when he was on IR. It's just them media in the Philadelphia area stirring up a QB contraversy because of the way Garcia led the team this year & honestly they looked better with Garcia just my opinion.

The one thing I noticed about Philly and it's writers is that they like to stir up contraversy whenever they can & I don't think they realize that as long as Andy Reids there McNabb's not going anywhere.

McNabb doesn't feel appreciated in Philadelphia. The team was going nowhere this year, and Garcia came in and turned the team around really, and this isn't the first time this has happened once McNabb went down. Let him go to another team, and I think he's this years Daunte Culpepper, Reid is a great coach and has been able to hide many of McNabb's weaknesses and play to his strengths.

So who reported that he doesn't feel appreciated, sure didn't come from his mouth, the only thing he should be upset with is the media for raking his mother over the coals for a blog she made on there families web site.

He shouldn't be upset that he couldn't go on the team road trips because Andy Reid's policy is that if you ar on IR you don't travel with the team. So if McNabb said he was unhappy which has not been confirmed or denied then I guess he better stay healthy then.

I was in Philly yesterday for business. The local buzz in the time I was there was negative even by Philadelphia standards. I wouldn't have believed McNabb being shipped away either, but I now am expecting him to be gone.

How about Shaun Rogers for Mike Vick? I know both front offices are starting to sour with these players, and they both make a lot of money and are both very talented (not sure if the salaries really match though). And I would really doubt that Philly would go into next year without McNabb and with a 37-year-old Jeff Garcia.

I'm not sure that McNabb is any more of a solution than Kitna. Granted, he's more talented than Kitna, and younger.

That said, he is over 30 now and so likely on the downside of his career. Plus he's oft injuried and our line sucks.

I'd prefer to keep Rogers, who's much younger.