Presents the following thread:

det_nas_b.jpg

Your Detroit Red Wings

vs:

The Nashville Predators

Date: January 17th, 2007

Time: 7:30 PM EST

The Yahoo Preview:

Nashville may finally be ready to overtake the Detroit Red Wings for the Central Division title. The Predators can certainly help their chances by continuing to improve their play at Joe Louis Arena.

The Predators, winners of six straight, look to even their record in Detroit this season when they visit the Red Wings on Wednesday.

First-place Nashville (32-11-3) has finished second in the division to Detroit (29-12-5) in each of the past two seasons, but has a four-point lead in the Central with the All-Star break approaching.

The Predators have won six straight in a single season for the first time since winning eight in a row to begin 2005-06. It has helped Nashville hold off the Red Wings, who have won four in a row.

After losing their first game at Joe Louis Arena this season, 3-0 on Nov. 10, the Predators' final three games there may help determine the outcome of the division race.

Full Article

Injuries:

Tomas Kopecky (RW) - Fractured Collarbone, 12/15 Surgery - Injured Reserve

Jiri Fischer (D) - Irregular Heartbeat - Injured Reserve

Final Score:

det.gifnas.gif

DET: 5 NAS:3

This game is a presentation of:

03-NHL.gif

Television Broadcast Provided by:

Fox Sports Detroit

DirecTV Channel 636

Snoogit, not to be a pain in the butt, but as the only resident Preds fan on this board, could you change your icon from the alternate 3rd uni icon, to the real icon. I hate that 3rd jersey, it killed my father and left me for dead.

That said, I believe the Preds pull this one out a close 3-2. The keys will be to score early(I have read that Det has a .400 record when trailing the first period) and to finish strong, our(NSH) weakest period statistically is the 3rd period.

Anyone know who the goalies are?

Snoogit, not to be a pain in the butt, but as the only resident Preds fan on this board, could you change your icon from the alternate 3rd uni icon, to the real icon. I hate that 3rd jersey, it killed my father and left me for dead.

That said, I believe the Preds pull this one out a close 3-2. The keys will be to score early(I have read that Det has a .400 record when trailing the first period) and to finish strong, our(NSH) weakest period statistically is the 3rd period.

Anyone know who the goalies are?

I would think Vokoun and Hasek. As for the Icon, I'll think about it ;)

didn't give the goalies though just said Hasek was likely. I like vokoun, but while he was injured Mason played like a legit #1, and Coach Trotz said he was basically going to platoon them to keep both as fresh as possible for the playoffs.

Red Wings have been on a bit of a roll lately.

Nice to see Hudler with goals in back to back games. Zetterberg is on a nice little hot streak of his own. And Datsyuk with a huge 4 assist game.

putting Hank and Dats on the same line again = very good move

huge divisional win, need all the wins against the Preds that we can get

Zets goal was crazy.. heh.

I think this was a "You're not above us yet" game. Excellent win by the Wings today.