Microline133

Pats vs. Chargers Game

Pretty good game to watch. The Pats took advantage of some crazy mistakes to eek it out....

The bigger thing for me, for all the talk of how perfect LDT is, what was with his crap after the game? The Pats players that were trying to tell him he was "better than that" were right....looked like he was being a pretty sore loser in this case. I'm typically a huge fan of his, but that seemed pretty uncharacteristic.

I'll be curious if something more was going on that wasn't evident.

Eh. I'm not going to look at LT any different, because of some heat of the moment actions or comments.

Brady vs. Manning in the AFC Championship should be real fun to watch.

I think it is easy to be "classy" when everything goes your way and you win Mvp's and set records etc.. I think he he was just so upset at the loss he wanted off the field. All this will do is give more fodder for the reporters to throw at him in the postgames presser.. Troy Brown deserves a game ball. Oh, Brady is pretty good

Agreed with both of you. I won't look at him any differently, I was just surprised is all. You get so used to the way some players act, then they do something completely different, and it throws you.

I think LT was upset with the taking helmets off during celebration, etc.

The refs missed a couple huge unsportmanlike conduct/unnessary roughness penalties though. But the Chargers kept screwing up. If Marty doesn't mess up and challenge that, I say they win.

Yeah, calling the direct snap to Faulk on the 2 point was a ballsy call. I give Bellichek a lot of credit for that one.

Schottenheimer should have gone for 2 when SD scored their last TD. Worst case scenario they end up with a 7 pt lead and a TD sends the game to OT. Best case is it's a 2 score game.

LT looked really good in this game and I have a hard time faulting anyone being pissed off and being a bit of a sore sport after losing a game like that.

Schottenheimer should have gone for 2 when SD scored their last TD. Worst case scenario they end up with a 7 pt lead and a TD sends the game to OT. Best case is it's a 2 score game.

You never go for two when kicking the extra point will put you up 8.

LT was upset about some Patriots doing the "Lights Out" dance at midfield. I can't blame him one bit. LT is class and will always be class. The Patriots acted in a classless manner by dancing at midfield.

Horrible defense at the end of the 1st half by the Chargers. They went prevent and only rushed 4. Brady had time in the pocket and drove the field for the TD before the half. What a bonehead move by Wade Phillips.

I thought to myself when they went to the 4th quarter with the Pats down 1 that all those mistakes were going to hurt SD. Still, watching Brady take them down to score on what was not his best day was incredible to watch.

Typical Shottenheimer... get all conservative towards the end of the game and blow it in the process.

Hello hindsight.

LT was upset about some Patriots doing the "Lights Out" dance at midfield. I can't blame him one bit. LT is class and will always be class. The Patriots acted in a classless manner by dancing at midfield.

After reading about what happened I have to agree. If he was simply upset about losing it would be one thing but he was upset that people were rubbing it in by using his teammates dance on the Chargers logo.

How many in here were upset when a Dallas player tackled TO at midfield for his "star" celebration? Were you mad at TO or the player that tackled him?

Chargers should've been up by more points, how many times did they cross mid-field in the 2nd half and then failed to score? It also looked like the Chargers defense got tired out in 4th quarter after being on the field for a good chunk of the 3rd quarter.

Frankly, I hate the way LT is deified, just like Peyton Manning is. Year after year the Pats have to put up with the media going down on some new superstar and crowning them before they've done anything. Meanwhile all the Pats, and Tom Brady does, is win. Yet they are always overlooked in favor of the new flavor of the month. If LT doesn't like it, too bad. Sounds like a superstar used to getting his way crying after a loss, in poor sportsmanship.

If LT doesn't like it, too bad. Sounds like a superstar used to getting his way crying after a loss, in poor sportsmanship.

You should probably read the rest of the post..

The Patriots are a classless organization with a classless head coach, classless owner, and a classless quarterback. I never cared for them. They are not a very likable team. It takes a lot for LT to call them out and I will side his word anytime.

But the Chargers kept screwing up. If Marty doesn't mess up and challenge that, I say they win.

Stats say the Chargers played well. The silly mistakes really screwed them yesterday. You are never going to win games especially against a great team like the Patriots. Chargers made some idiotic mistakes.

Patroits are all class, especially Tom Brady. That pretender LT is a crybaby. Don't like people celebrating on your field? Then win the game, loser.

Patroits are all class, especially Tom Brady. That pretender LT is a crybaby. Don't like people celebrating on your field? Then win the game, loser.

I don't think it was the point that they were celebrating, I think it was that they were doing the LIGHTS OUT dance, which is the Chargers' thing.

LT is just full class. He will never be anything else.

Seems no matter who Schottenheimer has on his team, he can't win a playoff game. San Diego needs a better recieving corps, maybe a need in the offseason. They can have Mike Williams.

Seems no matter who Schottenheimer has on his team, he can't win a playoff game. San Diego needs a better recieving corps, maybe a need in the offseason. They can have Mike Williams.

They have their own Mike Williams named Vincent Jacksons. 6'5, 230 reciever with stone hands.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs06/columns/story?columnist=kreidler_mark&id=2732068

This article pretty much sums up my whole opinion on the post game incident.

cliff notes: The Patriots need to act like they've been there before, which they have, and the Chargers lost all rights to ***** when they gave up an 8 point lead in the 4th quarter at home.

Let's be clear about Sunday. What the Chargers (LaDainian Tomlinson in particular) got so angry about was Patriots players doing a mocking version of the dance that Shawne Merriman does every time he records a sack -- which is to say, the Chargers felt disrespected by someone doing an imitation of something that can be viewed as disrespectful every single time Merriman does it.

I'm not saying that's right; I'm saying that's how it is. Granted, the whole thing looks worse coming from the Pats, a team you're always hoping will know better, but New England is just Exhibit B here. Exhibit A is a San Diego squad that blew an eight-point lead in the fourth quarter and then felt like barking afterward.