MotownWebGuy

76ers buyout Webber

McDyess had a good excuse, he had a very serious injury. I don't think Webber has had a serious injury his whole career, but seems to have played like it.

For the money Webber could be offered, he is definitely not worth it. Although if he returned to what he was 4-5 years ago, I'd take him all day long. I'm afraid is best years are far behind him though. Make him a low figure number and I'd take him.

Webber's had some serious knee injuries, that have taken away his spring. He had the dreaded microfracture surgery, which is considered one of the worst injuries to have. He didn't lose his ups because of age, he lost them because of microfracture.

Its been at least 5 years since Webber has played for anything more than a paycheck. Not someone that the Pistons want and/or need.

Well, lets say less then 3 years, when he was injured in the WC-semi's against Dallas, at which time he was a top 10 player in the league. Webber's effort/attitude isn't in question, it's his physical skills since the surgery that are problematic.

I thought McDyess and Webber had the exact same microfracture injury.

I don't think McDyess had microfracture, just ligament damage, multiple times.

First of all we would be getting Webber for the Vets min, so really it doesn't mean anything as far as salary cap goes (he is still making 40 or so Million on Philly). I wouldn't mind adding some depth, Rasheed seems to be injured often in the playoffs. I also think we should go after Mo Pete for maybe Flip and one of our draft picks.