MotownWebGuy

76ers buyout Webber

Webber, 76ers reportedly reach buyout deal

Chris Webber and the Philadelphia 76ers have reached an agreement on a buyout for the rest of his contract, the Philadelphia Daily News reported.

The paper said the buyout could be finalized as early as today and would make the former Michigan star a free agent.

Webber was to be paid $20,718,750 this season and $22,312,500 next season. According to the report, Webber would receive all except about $5 million in the buyout deal.

Webber, 33, has been bothered by an ankle injury and has not played in 10 of the last 13 games.

---------------------------------------

Will the Pistons show any interest in Webber?

Well, Webber would be a bargain probably at MLE money, but I'm not sure if he thinks he's a player who should come off the bench at this time, and that is the only way the Pistons would take him. Maybe a Dice/Davis replacement for next year. Webber is still a good offensive player, albeit a jumpshooter, but he is a very good jumpshooting big man. I'm never opposed to picking up players that can help.

Webber is a cancer, a career loser, and a team-chemistry destroyer. The Pistons do not want him at any price.

Webber is a cancer, a career loser, and a team-chemistry destroyer. The Pistons do not want him at any price.

Why is he a cancer? Why is he any more of a career loser than anyone else who hasn't won an NBA title or NCAA title? Why is he a team destroyer?

I'm not saying Pistons should go get him now.... just sayin

Why is he a cancer? Why is he any more of a career loser than anyone else who hasn't won an NBA title or NCAA title? Why is he a team destroyer?

I'm not saying Pistons should go get him now.... just sayin

Just like Rose and Howard, every team that has ever acquired him later ends up desperately trying to unload his albatross contract. Figure it out.

Just like Rose and Howard, every team that has ever acquired him later ends up desperately trying to unload his albatross contract. Figure it out.

The only 3 players that ever happened to.

That has nothing to do with bad decisions by GMs.

I hear that Morris Peterson wants out of Toronto. I'd much rather try to work out a deal for him (although unlikely) than sign Webber. However, Webber might not be that bad of an option coming off the bench, and maybe being another complementary player.

Isn't that how people described Rasheed Wallace before he came here?

I don't know that Webber is a cancer, but he's a weasel who never delivers the goods and leaves every situation worse off. Despite that, the reason I don't want to see him as a Piston is because they don't need another jump shooter.

Its been at least 5 years since Webber has played for anything more than a paycheck. Not someone that the Pistons want and/or need.

ur outta ur rabid *** mind, hes got plenty left in him...people said the same thing about mcdyess and look at him..

You are out of your mind. This guyy is just about the biggest ******* in professional sports. Stay as far away from him as possible.

ur outta ur rabid *** mind, hes got plenty left in him...people said the same thing about mcdyess and look at him..

McDyess had a good excuse, he had a very serious injury. I don't think Webber has had a serious injury his whole career, but seems to have played like it.

For the money Webber could be offered, he is definitely not worth it. Although if he returned to what he was 4-5 years ago, I'd take him all day long. I'm afraid is best years are far behind him though. Make him a low figure number and I'd take him.

Believe me the Pistons do not need Webber. IMO he brings nothing to the table for the Pistons, not a great shooter, moves slow, & gets upset when he's not getting the ball, that was one of the problems when he was playing with Iverson in Philly.

If we didn't have Maxiell and McDyess I'd say pick him up. As it is, he's not a necessary cog. No reason to pick him up. We need a PG.

McDyess had a good excuse, he had a very serious injury. I don't think Webber has had a serious injury his whole career, but seems to have played like it.

For the money Webber could be offered, he is definitely not worth it. Although if he returned to what he was 4-5 years ago, I'd take him all day long. I'm afraid is best years are far behind him though. Make him a low figure number and I'd take him.

Webber has had some very serious injuries.

If we can get him cheap, do it.

But with that said I can't see him making the starting lineup. And if he is coming off the bench is he really going to want to be here or worth the investment.

I say it's worth venturing depending on the price.

What if picking him up allows the Pistons to sit sheed down for a few weeks and actually get his legs fully healthy? With Webber McDyess and Maxiell they could still be an above .500 team.