The Detroit Red Wings play in Buckeye country against the Columbus Blue Jackets

det.gif at cob.gif

Thursday December 28th, 2006 - 7:00 PM

Televised on:

Fox Sports Detroit

DirectTV: Channel 636

logo.gif

Yahoo's Recap from yesterday's game against Minnesota:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/recap;_ylt=Aiy2IFKht0gFXe9h7i.xBj9D2bYF?gid=2006122705

Hasek made 32 saves and remained unbeaten in his career against Minnesota, leading Detroit to a 3-1 victory Wednesday night.

Johan Franzen had a goal and an assist for the Red Wings in their third consecutive game against Minnesota. Detroit won the first game and lost the second in overtime.

Kirk Maltby and Henrik Zetterberg also scored for the Red Wings, who led 3-0 less than seven minutes into the second period.

"I think we played really well for 35 minutes," said Hasek, who improved to 7-0-2 against the Wild. "After the third goal, we got a little sloppy defensively."

Pavol Demitra got Minnesota's goal, and Niklas Backstrom stopped 30 shots.

WTG Johan! :grin:

As Ken Daniels put it, it was a "see-saw" game. Wings scored the first three goals to make it 3-0. Columbus scored 4 in a row to make it 4-3, then the Wings scored 4 unanswered to ice the game, 7-4. Dan Cleary had a hat trick, the first one of his career. Datsyuk had two goals, and Robert Lang also scored. I'm glad the Wings pulled this one out; I hate playing against Columbus. Losing to them is even worse, for me.

det.gif7

cob.gif4

I almost never watched hockey last year. I'm just getting used to it again.

Baseball is my bread and butter, but I like hockey, too. That said, I'm still relatively amateurish in my knowledge of the game. The one thing I don't like is how little fights there are in the "new NHL." The refs will step in to make sure that the seeds of what might grow into a fight are never even planted.

I miss games like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1-25s4uwFQ

I'm liking the Idaho bert esque game thread, Snoogit. Well done. Ozzie looked rough tonight however it looks like Dats and Hank are staring to show their true colors. Lang and Cleary also continue to look great together.

I almost never watched hockey last year. I'm just getting used to it again.

Baseball is my bread and butter, but I like hockey, too. That said, I'm still relatively amateurish in my knowledge of the game. The one thing I don't like is how little fights there are in the "new NHL." The refs will step in to make sure that the seeds of what might grow into a fight are never even planted.

I miss games like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1-25s4uwFQ

you can't link to a hockey fight unless its this fight:

All other fights are meaningless :laugh:

I ended up not being able to watch this game tonite, but as always the Yahoo recap will be in next game's thread for this game :grin:

how do you get a hat trick and not get the 1st star? thats crazy.

I'm liking the Idaho bert esque game thread, Snoogit. Well done.

1 problem though. How can it be at Joe Louis in detroit......but then it says the Red Wings play in Buckeye country?

1 problem though. How can it be at Joe Louis in detroit......but then it says the Red Wings play in Buckeye country?

my laziness, I'm still trying to get the hang of it here mmk? :silly:

my laziness, I'm still trying to get the hang of it here mmk? :silly:

Its all good, I am messing with ya. But shouldnt you come up with your own style instead of just copying Berts? I dont mean no disrespect, but if these are yours, they should do something that comes from you. But I dont post here to much....i am just balbbing on....do as you please! :silly:

I know Cleary use to be a big scorer in junior, but he is playing out of his mind. I am not sure where we would be without his scoring.

The one thing I don't like is how little fights there are in the "new NHL." The refs will step in to make sure that the seeds of what might grow into a fight are never even planted.

I have lots of videos of "old time hockey" so I don't mind as much. One of these days, I am going to get ambitious and transfer them from VHS to DVD.

btw, I like the game threads. What's wrong with sticking with a good thing?

Its all good, I am messing with ya. But shouldnt you come up with your own style instead of just copying Berts? I dont mean no disrespect, but if these are yours, they should do something that comes from you. But I dont post here to much....i am just balbbing on....do as you please! :silly:

I'm tinkering with a few different designs but for now its carbon copy. its a test run of two weeks to see if this is a service people want is all. I think people are liking it, so I have planned A new format that will come out Jan 2nd. so watch for it :wink: of course others will be brought out as well to test them out, and once a good one is decided upon I will stick with it.

Alright some theme choices for everyone to ponder over:

Theme choice #1:

logo.gif

Presents:

03-NHL.gif

The National Hockey League is proud to present the following game:

det.gif vs la.gif

Date: December 31st, 2006

Time: 7:00 PM EST

Last Game's Synopsis:

Previous game summary goes here

Injuries:

Player Z 'eh?: Right ankle sprain - Questionable

Player Xinov: Right ligament tear in Fibula - 8 wks.

KingsvsRedWingsMaltby.jpg

Television Broadcast Provided by:

FSN Detroit

DirecTV Channel 636

Final Score:

det.gif X

la.gif Y

I'm tinkering with a few different designs but for now its carbon copy. its a test run of two weeks to see if this is a service people want is all. I think people are liking it, so I have planned A new format that will come out Jan 2nd. so watch for it :wink: of course others will be brought out as well to test them out, and once a good one is decided upon I will stick with it.

Thats cool man. Dont take anything I say to heart though, because I hardly ever post over here anyways. But you are doing a good job, and just keep what you like.

Theme choice #2:

det.gif

Your Detroit Red Wings

The NHL presents tonight's game against:

la.gif

The Los Angeles Kings

Last Game's Synopsis:

Last Game's summary goes here

Injuries:

List of injuries here

Final Score:

det.gif X

la.gif Y

This thread brought to you by:

logo.gif

This game brought to you by:

03-NHL.gif

FSN Detroit

DirecTV Channel 636

Thats cool man. Dont take anything I say to heart though, because I hardly ever post over here anyways. But you are doing a good job, and just keep what you like.

I want 'em to be my own, but testing waters is all man. Believe me, I will take it to heart :silly: One thing I hate is unoriginality, and I want these to be as original as possible.

Theme choice #3:

logo.gif

Presents the following thread:

det.gifla.gif

Your Detroit Red Wings

Vs:

The Los Angeles Kings

The Yahoo Wrap-up against Columbus:

Dan Cleary scored the winning goal with 5:19 left to complete his first career three-goal game and cap Detroit's 7-4 comeback victory over the Columbus Blue Jackets on Thursday night.

"Obviously we didn't play great at the start of the third," said Cleary, who has a career-high 17 goals. "We kept pushing and stayed with it."

Pavel Datsyuk had two goals and an assist for Detroit, winners of five of their last seven. Henrik Zetterberg and Danny Markov each had a goal and an assist. Robert Lang assisted on all three of Cleary's goals, and Brett Lebda had two assists.

David Vyborny had a goal and an assist for Columbus, which scored four straight goals to pull ahead 4-3 early in the final period. Ron Hainsey, Dan Fritsche and Adam Foote also scored for the Blue Jackets.

Last game's three stars:

1st: Robert Lang

2nd: Daniel Cleary

3rd: David Vyborny

Full Article

Injuries:

List of injuries here

Final Score:

det.gif X

la.gif Y

This game is a presentation of:

03-NHL.gif

FSN Detroit

DirecTV Channel 636

I'm leaning towards #3 personally, but I'd appreciate all input. The winner will be the thread design for the Jan 2nd Game against Anaheim.

I'm working on a special image for that game, and I hope it will honor Yzerman's number retirement well.

you can't link to a hockey fight unless its this fight:

All other fights are meaningless :laugh:

I don't think any fight can top: