At Home in Detroit, MI

The Minnesota Wild Face-off against the Detroit Red Wings

min.gif at det.gif

Friday December 22nd, 2006 - 7:30 PM

Televised on:

Fox Sports Detroit

DirectTV: Channel 636

logo.gif

I've been wanting to get some talk happening in this thread, because quite frankly I'm horrible at initiating conversation.

Its about the day after Thanksgiving that I get piqued in my interest for Hockey, and of course this is late, I know that, but this forum has been D.E.A.D. and I thought what the hey maybe a thread like this might spark some discussions.

Well I'd like to thank the Honorable Idaho Bert for the inspiration for this thread, and as a guideline for how to make such a thread, I hope to get every game in here, unless for whatever reason someone says "stop you annoying oaf"

So if you like the idea I'll keep doing it, if you hate it, or think I'm not original enough and want me to stop, thats cool, if thats the majority opinion I will...

This is my first, so don't be too harsh, while I had a great template to go from (and followed it conservatively), These threads will hopefully evolve into a different beast of their own.

This is a test run, to see the reaction. If you like it please post!!

Yeah, keep doing the game threads. It's better than nothing.

If hockey would find a way to show their bloody games to out-of-market fans who don't get Outdoor Obscure Network, then maybe some of the rest of us could actually see for ourself what's going on in these games..

I missed the game Christmas shopping, but I see Cleary scored again. He is having an amazing season. Looks like hasek had a good game, too.

Game over. So much for the GDT, LOL. Anyway, we were fortunate that Fernandez sucked so bad. Oi. He's a good goalie but this was not his nite. Wrap-around goal by Z then a turnover leading to a goal. Goal on Dom was kind of a freakish deflection but he played well again. Let us all pray to the groin Gods. Z and Dats are really warming to each other.....those guys are fun to watch when they are on the ice together.

I will always be a huge Tigers fan, but I'm a fairly big Wings (and, by extension, hockey) fan as well. I went to my first game in about eight years tonight, I had great seats, didn't have to pay for anything - and they won! That was exciting and it rejuvenated my interest in hockey and the Wings. I'll contribute more to the game threads and discussion in here when I can.

Cleary's short-handed goal was a thing of beauty. Minnesota kept the pressure on all night, but Hasek was on top of his game, sans the flukish goal he let in during the first period.

Kronwall scares me with how often he'll play the puck from behind the Detroit net to in front of Hasek. It's a bit nerve-wracking.

ill use this thread, good thing Hasek is healthy, Ozzie let in a bad goal in the 3rd to get to OT and then let up a goal in OT(not his fault though)

i would hate to have Ozzie the everyday starting goalie on this team

ill use this thread, good thing Hasek is healthy, Ozzie let in a bad goal in the 3rd to get to OT and then let up a goal in OT(not his fault though)

i would hate to have Ozzie the everyday starting goalie on this team

If you want to play the blame game, blame Pavel for turning the puck over in OT with one of his patented moves that yields nothing (except a breakaway the other way this time). The second goal by the Wild was a deflection. How can you blame Ozzie on that? The first one he was hung out to dry. If there ever was a game to not blame the goalie for soft goals it was this.