Tyrus

The Pet Peeve Thread

I went to CVS to get a few tablets of Sudafed, because this is the time of year when I can get a sinus headache without warning. I got to the cold/allergy medicine counter, and would you believe that there was no Sudafed whatsoever? Not even the kind with the useless phenylephrine.

I ended up with Allegra D instead.

Sigh.... I know that there's a war on against meth labs, but that literally is the only thing that works for my sinusitis, and it's not like I take it very often. :(

I went to CVS to get a few tablets of Sudafed, because this is the time of year when I can get a sinus headache without warning. I got to the cold/allergy medicine counter, and would you believe that there was no Sudafed whatsoever? Not even the kind with the useless phenylephrine.

I ended up with Allegra D instead.

Sigh.... I know that there's a war on against meth labs, but that literally is the only thing that works for my sinusitis, and it's not like I take it very often. :(

Oh. My. Gosh. AGREE! You wouldn't believe how hard it is to get sudafed in Texas. We have to go to the pharmacist and show ID, etc. If my husband and college student daughter are using it too and we run out, one of them has to go buy more or I could get arrested. Ridiculous. Just let the freaking meth addicts blow themselves up or commit slow suicide so that the rest of us can breath.

Online is your friend. When I purchase epinephrine, I normally order a 6 - 12 month supply. You can't find it here.

So...I go to Taco Bell and order the $5 Buck Box...

When I get to the table, I notice that instead of the Supreme Taco, there is a regular Soft Taco...

So, I check the Burrito, which also should be a Supreme...

Nope...It is a bean and rice burrito...

So, I take the tray back up to the counter...

The manager happens to be there...

He seems more upset that I brought the tray back than the fact they got the order wrong...

Two very strange incidents happened to me years ago at a Comerica branch in Detroit.

One time the guy in front of me fell asleep. I had to go wake him up.

Another time, (and this one is amazing but true) the guy in front of me must have forgotten his ID. So what does he do?

He wedges himself out of his car, leaves his wife in the passenger seat, then SLOWLY starts walking down the adjacent alleyway.

Apparently he lived close by and rather than drive back home, he decided to walk back so he wouldn't lose his place in line. I was in disbelief. After several minutes the teller told the wife she would have to move the car. As she started to do this, the idiot is now rounding the corner on the way back. When he sees that he is losing his place in line, NOW he runs back to the car.

If you put that kind of stupidity in a book or movie, people wouldn't believe it.

At the ballpark we have a tunnel for access under the seats connecting concessions and the walkway behind home plate. Of course new people visiting don't have a clue to where their seats are so stop at the tunnel outlet to discuss it with their party. There is an usher standing in the aisle, but they have to meet first and block the tunnel.eople hesitate to decide who is next.

Also at the park.....when we have a crowd,, there are normally 8 concession windows available......but fans seem to only want to form 2 or 4 lines and then alternate moving up. This takes more time as people hesitate to decite who is next. The long lines also block the aisle. Form a short line for EACH window DUMMIES!

Marvin Noodleman!

I agree with both of these.

There are many 'bottlenecks' in the world, those are not the place to have reunion or any conversation.

I'm annoyed by people who never carry cash.

On the other hand, another peeve of mine is restaurants that are cash-only. Not food trucks or carts, either -- sit-down restaurants with cloth napkins.

I think this is kind of relavent to your lifestyle and or needs. I can walk around with a five dollar bill in my pocket and not spend it --- for weeks. I don't spend money on much, don't go through tolls and no one goes out to eat with me. 98% of my purchases are with check or credit card... I don't see a reason to have five 20's in my pocket

On the other hand, I really dislike when you are doing something that needs cash and there is always someone in the group --- usually the one who is late -- that requires the whole group to start at the ATM. If the get together/event has been planned for a week, you probably passed the bank and atm enough times to no make others wait for you.

People who don't walk in a straight line on the sidewalk.

Agree. Also, people who do not treat sidewalks (especially in busy walking cities like NYC and DC) like two way streets. Is it so hard to walk straight with the people walking opposite of you on your left side?? It keeps such great order and clears almost all congestion, even during peak foot travel times.

"Agent" usually gets you out of that loop.

Also infuriating is when they have this long introductory soliloquy about their company name, tagline, commitment to you the customer, hours of operation, if you have a certain issue call another number, blah blah blah ... and you can't press "0" or say "agent" to make it stop and re-route you to a live person. You have to wait out the entire thing.

"operator" also works

Agree. Also, people who do not treat sidewalks (especially in busy walking cities like NYC and DC) like two way streets. Is it so hard to walk straight with the people walking opposite of you on your left side?? It keeps such great order and clears almost all congestion, even during peak foot travel times.

It is even worse in Japan, where you throw in helter skelter bicycle traffic on top of that.

I think this is kind of relavent to your lifestyle and or needs. I can walk around with a five dollar bill in my pocket and not spend it --- for weeks. I don't spend money on much, don't go through tolls and no one goes out to eat with me. 98% of my purchases are with check or credit card... I don't see a reason to have five 20's in my pocket

I think you're right. I usually do the same thing -- walk around with a five in my pocket for a week. What annoys me is when a stubborn I-don't-ever-carry-cash attitude affects me, such as group dinners or bar nights where the place accepts only cash. If a person is going to be in a situation like that, he should hit an ATM beforehand, just in case.

We have lunch vendors come to our office, and a couple of them don't accept cards. They've been coming for months, but a certain coworker of mine always asks to borrow cash from me to buy lunch, because he never carries any. This is the same guy who was forced to bum a couple of bucks off of me at a charity event, because he had nothing to give the coat-check girl. Come on.

Edited by Joe Gahona

I rarely use cash but always have a few bucks in my wallet for such "just in case" situations. If I were you, Joseph, I'd tell him to go scratch.

Two very strange incidents happened to me years ago at a Comerica branch in Detroit.

One time the guy in front of me fell asleep. I had to go wake him up.

Another time, (and this one is amazing but true) the guy in front of me must have forgotten his ID. So what does he do?

He wedges himself out of his car, leaves his wife in the passenger seat, then SLOWLY starts walking down the adjacent alleyway.

Apparently he lived close by and rather than drive back home, he decided to walk back so he wouldn't lose his place in line. I was in disbelief. After several minutes the teller told the wife she would have to move the car. As she started to do this, the idiot is now rounding the corner on the way back. When he sees that he is losing his place in line, NOW he runs back to the car.

If you put that kind of stupidity in a book or movie, people wouldn't believe it.

"Stupid" is not the word I would use to describe his behavior.

People who don't walk in a straight line on the sidewalk.

Corollary #1: People who walk on their left side of the sidewalk walk approaching you while you're on your right, and who barely move as they pass you. Either I have to veer off the sidewalk entirely to avoid them, or end up slamming my left shoulder into theirs while trying to stay on the sidewalk at all.

Corollary #2: Anyone coming in the opposite direction who insists on passing you to your/their right instead of your/their left. Hey, come on, this is America, OK?

Parking lot peeve: People who occupy sweet, close parking spots, but are sitting in their car talking on the phone. You walk into the place, conduct your business, you come back out seveal minutes later and see they are still sitting in that same spot, still talking on the phone. It's even more infuriating when you see they're yukking it up.

Hey, Skeezix, can't you do that in the back corner of the parking lot?

...or end up slamming my left shoulder into theirs while trying to stay on the sidewalk at all.

Rob Reiner did this to me at a Tigers game at Chase Field in Phoenix. In his defense, we were packed in the concourse leaving the game. Or, maybe I was the a-hole to him. :angry::grin:

Renting a movie from Redbox, then when you go to return it, the machine is out of order, so now you have to scramble to find another Redbox location to return the movie.

Dandelions, or particularly neighbors who tend to propagate them. I am not fastidious about my lawn, but do try to keep it respectable. Too many of my neighbors don't even go that far any more, especially those that have moved in recently at greatly reduced prices.

Dandelions, or particularly neighbors who tend to propagate them. I am not fastidious about my lawn, but do try to keep it respectable. Too many of my neighbors don't even go that far any more, especially those that have moved in recently at greatly reduced prices.

Have this problem as well...

My neighbor thought he put down weed killer. Turns out it was fertilizer. His whole yard is dandelions. I have to pick about 6 a day in my yard but am putting down another weed treatment this week to prevent the impending invasion.

I hate that I'm too exhausted to go outside and enjoy the absolutely perfect weather we're having-days like today aren't that common here.

Looks like I'm fighting that bug that's going around work.

Just received an email offering tickets to the Florida State League games. As a season ticket holder, I can attend any game where the Tigers play at no charge for general admission. At Daytona I will spring for $12 to sit in the box seats by the dugout. Most seating is less than $10 statewide. But the 5 sites included in the mailing only offered one price for general admission.....$30 with one of them asking $32. Worse than a scalper for the unknowing.