Jump to content

Tyrus

The Pet Peeve Thread

Recommended Posts


42 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

 

I would LOVE to see you guys out in real life doing these things you look down your nose at other people for.  I am sure you are perfect citizens.

 

You are welcome to come by any snow or frosty morning....I might even help clean your vehicle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CMRivdog said:

You are welcome to come by any snow or frosty morning....I might even help clean your vehicle

Now you are the hook as an accessory when he kills the person driving behind him on the way to your house. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I had a guy yesterday pull up next to me with his entire windshield still frozen except for a little peephole he scraped through.   That's the worst!

I wish those assholes would just drive off of the road and into a ditch before the hurt someone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2019 at 2:29 PM, John_Brian_K said:

Sometimes I do sometimes I don't.  Sue me.

You're butt hurt at everyone else because you admit to being careless?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I work with a guy who is the worst meeting filler I have ever worked with.

You know, the guy that will find some diversion or insignificant discussion point to make sure a meeting scheduled to run 60 minute actually runs 60 minutes even if all the pertinent topics are resolved in 30. Most of the time the points raised don't even impact 75% of the people in the room, but they are sat there with nothing to add, nothing to do because this guy has to 'contribute'.

This is the same type of guy that would monopolize lecture time in college with pedantic observations / musings that were loosely related to the lecture at best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I work with a guy who is the worst meeting filler I have ever worked with.

You know, the guy that will find some diversion or insignificant discussion point to make sure a meeting scheduled to run 60 minute actually runs 60 minutes even if all the pertinent topics are resolved in 30. Most of the time the points raised don't even impact 75% of the people in the room, but they are sat there with nothing to add, nothing to do because this guy has to 'contribute'.

This is the same type of guy that would monopolize lecture time in college with pedantic observations / musings that were loosely related to the lecture at best. 

What did he say about snow on the roof of his car?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

139735-140265.jpg?itok=ZbE9dWPa

 

Is that a side profile of the roof of your car in the winter?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dropping kids off at school isn't rocket science.

1. Pull up to the curb

2. Kiss kids and wish them a great day

3. Kids get out of car and close the door(s)

4. Turn on your turn signal and exit the drop off area when able

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My son's school was around the block (well it was but to get there required probably 1/2 mile walk) and his start time coincided with my start time so I would drop him off, it was on my way to work.  Hated hated hated it... cars just sit there... they keep talking to the kid... they don't pull forward all the way.... alternatively the kid won't get out of the car unless they are exactly at the door.....

Then cars try to turn left out of the driveway when a sign says you can't... because on the road you have cars in the left hand turn lane waiting to pull into the circular drive you are coming out of....we have Ford Motor Company across the street and it's really a horrible situation sometimes and when people don't follow the rules it's dangerous.  But everyone selfishly things "Well I can do it... it's just me..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Oblong said:

Then cars try to turn left out of the driveway when a sign says you can't... because on the road you have cars in the left hand turn lane waiting to pull into the circular drive you are coming out of....we have Ford Motor Company across the street and it's really a horrible situation sometimes and when people don't follow the rules it's dangerous.  But everyone selfishly things "Well I can do it... it's just me..."

We have this at our church.  We always see someone turning left when we leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bus picks my kids up at the end of my driveway at exactly the perfect time for me to get in the truck and get to work with plenty of time to spare.  It is a perfect set up.  I do not EVER want to have to deal with the morons dropping kids off at school.  Pretty sure I would rather park down the block, get out and walk them to school before waiting in one of those death lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

 I do not EVER want to have to deal with the morons dropping kids off at school. 

You've never been more right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Oblong said:

"Well I can do it... it's just me..."

Things people say when driving a car covered in snow.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG, school drop off and pickup are probably the top of my list of things that I do NOT miss about my kids being young.    I got to where I would park on the next block and walk the kids to the door to avoid any likelihood of arrest for assault.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May I throw in a gripe about parents who drive their kids all of 300 yards to the bus stop and impede all other traffic trying to get out of the subdivision. Then turn around in the middle of the street and go back home.

Both kids and parent(s) look like they could use a little exercise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People who ignore the school bus.  Almost daily there is someone who is either behind the school bus going in the next lane to pass the bus when it stops or is on the other side of the street just cruising right through the stop sign.

Almost daily.  Happened again this morning, jackass behind the bus decides to drive into oncoming traffic on the 2 lane road to go around the bus after it stopped at the house.  The kids were in line waiting (as they are every day) and it takes them all of 15 seconds to get into the bus.  It is not like the bus stops, we walk down the driveway, say good bye etc.  I take care of all of that before I see the bus.  They get hugs and kisses before the bus stops and are ready to walk on the bus immediately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm one of those guys who orders a LOT from Amazon. I probably average a package per day, but I usually place orders just twice a week or so. Over the last couple months, I've probably averaged around 1 out of 5 packages showing up later than expected, usually by several days. A lot of times I order something because I can get it next day, and it saves me a trip to the store. Then it will show up 3 days later. I'm trying to decide if it's worth even counting on them anymore. 

Anyone else having this issue? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once I was told it would be here a day earlier... then that day was told there was an issue and it wouldn’t be here for 3-4 days.... then it arrived a day later, when I originally expected. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Yoda said:

I'm one of those guys who orders a LOT from Amazon. I probably average a package per day, but I usually place orders just twice a week or so. Over the last couple months, I've probably averaged around 1 out of 5 packages showing up later than expected, usually by several days. A lot of times I order something because I can get it next day, and it saves me a trip to the store. Then it will show up 3 days later. I'm trying to decide if it's worth even counting on them anymore. 

Anyone else having this issue? 

Amazon has been a great company to work with.  I do a lot of business with them and rarely have a problem.  However, I have noticed they have slowed down a bit lately.  They have gotten way too big and it's inevitable that service will get worse.  It happens with pretty every huge company.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Amazon has been a great company to work with.  I do a lot of business with them and rarely have a problem.  However, I have noticed they have slowed down a bit lately.  They have gotten way too big and it's inevitable that service will get worse.  It happens with pretty every huge company.   

We order a lot of small electronics and such and one thing that does irritate me is that they have become too lax about overseas vendors (mostly Chinese) prominently claiming "Same day shipping" on their product pages only to find out in the fine print or once you go the check-out page that "same day shipping" only means put on a slow boat across the Pacific that day and your part is really 3 to 5 wks away. Yes, you do find out so you don't place the order, but it wastes a lot of shopping time sorting through all the shipping claims to find a vendor who actually can supply in a timely manner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...