Tyrus

The Pet Peeve Thread

Well I think the dude is a total a-hole.... but that's independent of the snowblower incident the other day. I was asking because I didn't really know whether he was being an ahole, or if I'm just biased.

Nearer the 10 o'clock mark, I wasn't sweating it. As it got closer to 11 I started getting pissed. He doesn't only do his driveway but also a very large part of the road. I have a small child (he lives across the street) and his neighbors on one side have small kids, and the ppl on the other side are very early risers (his driveway was SHOVELED when I got up at 615).

Well I think the dude is a total a-hole.... but that's independent of the snowblower incident the other day. I was asking because I didn't really know whether he was being an ahole, or if I'm just biased.

Nearer the 10 o'clock mark, I wasn't sweating it. As it got closer to 11 I started getting pissed. He doesn't only do his driveway but also a very large part of the road. I have a small child (he lives across the street) and his neighbors on one side have small kids, and the ppl on the other side are very early risers (his driveway was SHOVELED when I got up at 615).

That would be restricted where I live to 7 am to 10 pm. Which ordinance stinks on Saturday mornings at 7 am.

When you buy a snowblower, pay a little extra to get what you think is a good name brand, & it dies after 5 years of use. Ugh.

When you buy a snowblower, pay a little extra to get what you think is a good name brand, & it dies after 5 years of use. Ugh.

The other one would have only lasted 4.

My Ariens has been a real workhorse!

Ran home during lunch to drop something off.

I live in a small subdivision that connects to nothing so the traffic is minimal.

Coming up to my house there were two cars stopped in the road as the drivers sat in their cars talking to each other, completely blocking the road.

I wait 15 seconds, they don't move, so I flash the high beams to make sure they know I am there. Wait another 10-15 seconds and honk the horn. They slowly pull away from each other, and the guy that passed me gives me a dirty look. Because I am the ***hole in this situation.

This happened in my old neighborhood frequently and it drove me crazy.

We just had a conversation about this on my neighborhood page. Everyone who participated said that, while it is nice to be respectful to your neighbors, you have to do what you have to do when it comes to snow. Big snows that necessitate an early or late snowblowing only happen a couple of times a year and people can deal with it.

I have discovered that apparently I am "that neighbor" who pulls out the snowblower at 6 a.m. to clear the driveway before leaving for work in the morning. Nobody has said anything to me about it and I doubt they will, but if they do I'm ready to pull out a pic of my uber pregnant wife as to why I'm so intent on keeping the driveway spotless.

Edited by potthole

Okay a few of them seem to have regained some sanity and decency about them and starting to denounce the rest of their activist group. Awful situation relating to a thirteen year old girl whose FFA project steer placed at the Stock Show and, per tradition, was sold at a price above its value. Because the steer was blind, they are attacking this girl and her parents in the most terrible way, harassing them.

Ugly. Ugly. Ugly.

My Ariens has been a real workhorse!

Thanks. I'll probably start looking for one in March/April at the end of the season sales.

Bad pictures on real estate listings. Why freaking bother to even supply pictures if they are going to be out of focus, or lit horribly. Cell phones also need to not be able to take pics in portrait.

Bad pictures on real estate listings. Why freaking bother to even supply pictures if they are going to be out of focus, or lit horribly. Cell phones also need to not be able to take pics in portrait.

Along these lines, when we were looking at homes last year my wife and I couldn't believe the number of photos that showed cluttered rooms/closets/etc. One of our favorites was a photo that showed a baby lying on the floor in the middle of the room. We joked that were we to go after that home we'd make sure the baby was part of what came with the house.

Along these lines, when we were looking at homes last year my wife and I couldn't believe the number of photos that showed cluttered rooms/closets/etc. One of our favorites was a photo that showed a baby lying on the floor in the middle of the room. We joked that were we to go after that home we'd make sure the baby was part of what came with the house.

I walked through some houses where they made absolutely no effort to tidy the house. At first I was pretty flabbergast.... now that I'm in a slightly different position, I wonder if some of those instances were that the owner was selling a house that had renters in it, and the renters didn't give a bleep. I have a house with renters in it, and its apparently commonplace to still try to sell it with people living there, but good lord my tenants are hardcore slobs. to gross levels.

It strikes me as a huge waste of effort to try to sell it until they move out and we can clean it and whatnot. By "we can clean it" I mean, I can hire professionals from their security deposit. They asked if they could stay another month (until June 1) and we said no b/c we cant sacrifice one of the best selling months for them. I'd love to help, but I just see myself being straddled with a second house for a while.... which would be a lot of work.

Edited by pfife

bad (or no) photos on Craigslist/ebay along the similar vein. You really want me to consider an $800 pedal steel guitar that looks like a blurry orb?

bad (or no) photos on Craigslist/ebay along the similar vein. You really want me to consider an $800 pedal steel guitar that looks like a blurry orb?

Or CL ads with no location. The UP is a big place, bro. Don't make me ask you if you're reasonably nearby or way the hell over by the Soo.

I walked through some houses where they made absolutely no effort to tidy the house. At first I was pretty flabbergast.... now that I'm in a slightly different position, I wonder if some of those instances were that the owner was selling a house that had renters in it, and the renters didn't give a bleep. I have a house with renters in it, and its apparently commonplace to still try to sell it with people living there, but good lord my tenants are hardcore slobs. to gross levels.

It strikes me as a huge waste of effort to try to sell it until they move out and we can clean it and whatnot. By "we can clean it" I mean, I can hire professionals from their security deposit. They asked if they could stay another month (until June 1) and we said no b/c we cant sacrifice one of the best selling months for them. I'd love to help, but I just see myself being straddled with a second house for a while.... which would be a lot of work.

I feel bad for the landlords of our place when they put the house on the market. With a newborn and 2 toddlers, clean is a relative term.☺

If you go out on the ice after 2 days of 60 degree weather and you fall through - you should not be rescued. You are too stupid and you drag the rest of society down.

When my girlfriend takes butter from both sides of the stick.

Society is breaking down and it's starting in my kitchen.

When my girlfriend takes butter from both sides of the stick.

Society is breaking down and it's starting in my kitchen.

Greasing the slippery slope to anarchy do doubt.

I'm more than a little peeved by how ignorant/arrogant Americans can sometimes be relative to foreign cultures and laws. A longtime friend arrived this week in a certain foreign country under a secular work visa (she will be teaching English) but also supported by her church to work and teach in the local Christian community there.

My gosh, the number of times in the past 48 hours that she has had to warn people on facebook about the types of things NOT to email her or to communciate or ask via any social media about because of the heavy monitoring. Repeatedly. It is shocking how clueless Americans are, and particularly the American church. We do take our freedoms too much for granted.

Adults who freak out about stuff that's totally for kids at Disney World, and thus make it much more of a PITA for kids to do the things totally for kids. Why would someone that's over the age of 10 give a flying crap about getting the autograph of some college dropout dressed as Gaston?

Adults who freak out about stuff that's totally for kids at Disney World, and thus make it much more of a PITA for kids to do the things totally for kids. Why would someone that's over the age of 10 give a flying crap about getting the autograph of some college dropout dressed as Gaston?

We'll be heading there at some point over the next year or two. I've heard the stories of late teens & early twenties and older taking up space in the character meet & greats.

I feel the same way about getting autographs from athletes. Adults should get out of the way of the kids.

To be fair, no one's got a swell cleft in his chin like Gaston.