Tyrus

The Pet Peeve Thread

So white trash wife tried to run white trash husband over with a car tonight. The police visited as you can imagine.

An update: White Trash family is moving out over Thanksgiving and going to the Flint area. In an interesting twist, we're closing on our new house that same week. 12 years next to them was more than enough. If I hear a chainsaw get fired up at 6 am on a Saturday ever again, it will be a flashback and I will fear that they found their way into our new neighborhood!

An update: White Trash family is moving out over Thanksgiving and going to the Flint area. In an interesting twist, we're closing on our new house that same week. 12 years next to them was more than enough. If I hear a chainsaw get fired up at 6 am on a Saturday ever again, it will be a flashback and I will fear that they found their way into our new neighborhood!

Hopefully you don't find anyone near your new house like that. So far at mine it seems like all the neighbors are pretty quiet. Although some of the stuff I guess you don't learn about until the summer time.

The Android Facebook app. That thing is a steaming pile of ****. Every other iteration of it crashes upon scrolling.

The Android Facebook app. That thing is a steaming pile of ****. Every other iteration of it crashes upon scrolling.

I underlined the problem for you.

I once had fb open on my laptop and phone and tablet and each one showed me different things in my up to date feed

I underlined the problem for you.

False

Blaming the device on the OS when the bug is happening on a stock OS and a reference device is weaksauce.

Edited by Walt

I once had fb open on my laptop and phone and tablet and each one showed me different things in my up to date feed

That happens often since the feed became too large to show everything in chronological order. You can pull up your feed, then immediately refresh and get different things.

Isn't fair the consumer take responsibility of their finances? Is protecting you from fraud to just take your word for it anytime you say there is a fraudulent charge? It sounds suspicious to me someone would steal his information and only take a total of $210 four months apart.

I don't think anyone is suggesting the consumer isn't responsible.

The point being made is the original charge of $30 was missed by the consumer back in July. The second charge was caught almost immediately by the consumer. Now the bank wants to refund the first charge instead of the second charge, presumably because it saves them money.

I don't know why you were being a **** about him having relatively large amount of money in the account. That seemed petty on your part.

Edited by Mr. Bigglesworth

I don't know why you were being a **** about him having relatively large money in the account. That seemed petty on your part.

This. 1,000 times this.

That Adele telephone song. It has only been out a few weeks and is so overplayed and over covered that I am already sick to death of it. I seem to be the only person in the western world to think so, but ...

I may be the only person on earth who hasn't heard the new Adele song... and to think I used to have music playing every moment I was awake... and sometimes when I was sleeping too.

I may be the only person on earth who hasn't heard the new Adele song... and to think I used to have music playing every moment I was awake... and sometimes when I was sleeping too.

I like Adele, but that song is boring. I'm sure you've heard it if you've had your television or radio on at all; maybe you just didn't recognize it. I think it's already been used on some commercials. The first like is, "Hello? How are you?"

Having to use somebody else's desk when said person is unorganized. My manager is off for about two weeks so my supervisor and I are covering ordering and some other paperwork jobs. Only problem is that my manager has papers, folders, and who knows what else piled up everywhere on his desk. There's barely a spot to work, and we can't find the original order form to go with a couple of confirmations for orders he placed (a third one we found stapled to an order that was already processed). ARRRGGHHH!

I used to love music so much. It was a big part of my life. About 10 years ago something clicked in my brain. Since then, I rarely listen to music for more than a few minutes per month.

Someone once told me they thought that was a sign that I was depressed. I don't buy that theory, since I don't feel depressed. I love books and high quality TV shows. I think if you're depressed you don't enjoy anything.

Yes, every night I do look at my handgun on the nightstand and contemplate what went wrong in my life...but I don't think that means anything.

EDIT: That was a joke. It is actually a shotgun.

EDIT AGAIN: I lied. I don't own a shotgun either. It's a grenade.

Edited by Antrat

Having to use somebody else's desk when said person is unorganized. My manager is off for about two weeks so my supervisor and I are covering ordering and some other paperwork jobs. Only problem is that my manager has papers, folders, and who knows what else piled up everywhere on his desk. There's barely a spot to work, and we can't find the original order form to go with a couple of confirmations for orders he placed (a third one we found stapled to an order that was already processed). ARRRGGHHH!

Oh man. Yes! In my checker employment history was a gig working on call so I was always working at someone else's desk. I don't know how some people get any work done.

Yup. I'm not ready for this crap yet. I cannot believe it stuck considering how warm it's been.

Yup. I'm not ready for this crap yet. I cannot believe it stuck considering how warm it's been.

9 1/2 inches of snow on my picnic table (ann arbor)

9 1/2 inches of snow on my picnic table (ann arbor)

Ewwwww

I get less winter tolerant every year, and ours is nothing like y'all get. Now I feel bad for whining about having to get out and cover my faucets this evening. LOL

snow112115.jpg

With ya there. Although I must admit that being out of my former house, which was prone for forming huge ice dams that occasionally resulted in water leaking, has made a somewhat less anti-snow this year.

Watch as the new home is even worse in that regard, haha.

I should have taken a few pics....all the trees in the backyard where perfectly coated and the lights from the light show on Hines drive was illuminating all the trees a great shade of purple and blue, red and white etc. It was amazing.

I love winter. My wife HATES it and is ALWAYS cold in winter.

I should have taken a few pics....all the trees in the backyard where perfectly coated and the lights from the light show on Hines drive was illuminating all the trees a great shade of purple and blue, red and white etc. It was amazing.

I love winter. My wife HATES it and is ALWAYS cold in winter.

in our backyard the snow had filled in the spaces of the cyclone fence - something I have never seen happen before. Really unique combination of really large flakes and just the tiniest breath of a breeze