Tyrus

The Pet Peeve Thread

Maybe this is the problem. My first degrees were psychology and health admin, half the classes you could do without the book for the most part.

These science books on the other hand...my chemistry class alone is $350 for all the material.

Which chemistry class and text?

Which chemistry class and text?

Chem 115, although the book will be used for 116 as well. Principles of chem 1 and 2. I have declared a major of physics. All my gen eds are done of course, so everything will be math and science. I also signed up for algebra and trig, I've taken both already, but it's been 7 years since I took any math class, so I need to ease back in. Then spring/summer the real fun begins.

Here is the book:

http://www.amazon.com/Chemistry-Structure-Properties-MasteringChemistry-Package/dp/0321729730

I've got a whole shelf of books still, though I use them quite often.

I use mine as well periodically, though I would have hung onto them back in the day even if I didn't think I was going to use them on the thought I might need them and $20 wasn't enough to get me to part with them on that chance.

Chem 115, although the book will be used for 116 as well. Principles of chem 1 and 2. I have declared a major of physics. All my gen eds are done of course, so everything will be math and science. I also signed up for algebra and trig, I've taken both already, but it's been 7 years since I took any math class, so I need to ease back in. Then spring/summer the real fun begins.

Here is the book:

http://www.amazon.com/Chemistry-Structure-Properties-MasteringChemistry-Package/dp/0321729730

I never took a chemistry course at university despite being an engineering major.

I suspect I am in among a small percentage of applied science majors who managed that.

Gone to Subway four times in the past two weeks for a meatball sub. Been to three different locations over those four visits and every time they were out of meatballs.

The sneakiness of Mozilla.

The latest update changes your search engine to automatically use Yahoo. They now hide the icon that shows what search engine you are using. I assume in the hopes that people didn't notice. I would think most people would notice when the pages that they came back with being nowhere near what you were searching for, as Yahoo sucks.

The latest update changes your search engine to automatically use Yahoo. They now hide the icon that shows what search engine you are using. I assume in the hopes that people didn't notice. I would think most people would notice when the pages that they came back with being nowhere near what you were searching for, as Yahoo sucks.

Not seeing that yet in 34.0 on Linux, are you in Windows with 34.0.5?

Yeah, I just noticed that as well, had to go and change it. Yahoo sucks.

For me, they peaked w/ "Super Creepy Rob Lowe" but they haven't been as funny to me since. But Super Creepy literally makes me laugh aloud.

Mozilla just went to 34.0.5 on my wife's laptop. It did tell her it on 1st run that is was going to change the default search, but it was probably more clicking and choosing to be get back to her original default choice (google) than most people would probably bother with or get right. So yeah - pretty clearly a move driven by internal economics or politics at Mozilla than concern for customer satisfaction.

Edited by Gehringer_2

Mozilla just went to 34.0.5 on my wife's laptop. It did tell her it on 1st run that is was going to change the default search, but it was probably more clicking and choosing to be get back to her original default choice (google) than most people would probably bother with or get right. So yeah - pretty clearly a move driven by internal economics or politics at Mozilla than concern for customer satisfaction.

Mine just updated at home and work, did the same thing. Easy to change.

Exam week. But I finished my Audit exam today and I'm on the way home for break!

I like exam week, it means that I get to see gandalf.

I hate the NFL Pro Shop family. Bunch of bandwagon fans.

TBF, some are Vikings and Bengals fans....

But that commercial does suck

I finally broke down and got a new computer... I will like it soon but I hate that feeling of confusion when things aren't where I expected them to be. :)

Visitors that have been asleep on my living room couch for an hour snoring up a storm while I try to peacefully drink beer and watch the Pistons lose. Do me a favor, get off of the couch, and go to your room, thank you.

My adviser, and his lack of trying. My PhD thesis is due in a week, and my adviser has only bothered to give me any feed back on one chapter, and has admitted to having only read 2. I am getting to the point time-wise that I think that I hope he doesn't get back to me, just so I don't have to pull a 48 hour marathon to try to make a bunch of changes at the last minute.