Tyrus

The Pet Peeve Thread

I say this with great conviction and with no reservation and I mean this quite literally.     

Any person that calls the police on kids having a lemonade stand needs to be beaten with a pillow case full of lemons.    Whoever you are - you are a sad, pathetic human and a piece of garbage neighbor.       

Okay, that is all............

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Pro-Tip: A sock with a not quite ripe lemon would do a better job in a beat down type situation.

I get that,  The Lemon is harder.  You can swing the sock a lot harder.   I was thinking Sean Penn, Soda Can Justice from Bad Boys.    

People who do not read emails.

We launched a new product last week.  2 years of work.

I send an updated link to internal users with very specific and detailed instructions.... just on how to login.  Very clear.  I wasn't too wordy.  I told them their initial password.  I spelled it out phonetically (it's very easy just specificy that it was a zero and not a letter).

3 people come back and ask me a question that was answered in the email.  It's like do they even bother to read it?  Just skim it.

Liars. 

So, bought my first house right, 11 days ago.  On the disclosure it says there has been no water damage or mold in the last 5 years.  Saturday we had torrential rain. There was some water in one of the two bedrooms downstairs, and all the water was flowing from the egress window.   It wasn’t a lot, but obviously a problem.  Sunday morning I ripped off the trim and wainscoating.  What do I find?  A piece of the original drywall had been cutout and replaced with sheet rock.  Looked new.  So of course I took that off, and underneath?  Styrofoam filled with mold.  Had servepro come out this morning to take a look.  The bathroom and second bedroom downstairs were both compromised.  But guess what the date was on the newly placed sheet rock was?  2016.  So the previous owners definitely knew and lied. Whole basement needs to be gutted.  Servepro will be giving us a quote  

Anyone ever been in a situation like this?  I called my realtor and he let the listing agent know. They said to forward the estimate and all the pictures and then we can figure out how to proceed.  The original sellers lied on the disclosure.  They should have to pay for it, right?  

CA7ED8F6-C074-477A-8B02-578E1792EA54.jpeg

CEDA176A-D847-47D8-B5FD-15E4C223ED4A.jpeg

3 hours ago, Oblong said:

People who do not read emails.

We launched a new product last week.  2 years of work.

I send an updated link to internal users with very specific and detailed instructions.... just on how to login.  Very clear.  I wasn't too wordy.  I told them their initial password.  I spelled it out phonetically (it's very easy just specificy that it was a zero and not a letter).

3 people come back and ask me a question that was answered in the email.  It's like do they even bother to read it?  Just skim it.

You should clarify that there be no brown M&M's in the email and then you'll know if they read it or not when there is or isn't brown M&M's

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

Liars. 

So, bought my first house right, 11 days ago.  On the disclosure it says there has been no water damage or mold in the last 5 years.  Saturday we had torrential rain. There was some water in one of the two bedrooms downstairs, and all the water was flowing from the egress window.   It wasn’t a lot, but obviously a problem.  Sunday morning I ripped off the trim and wainscoating.  What do I find?  A piece of the original drywall had been cutout and replaced with sheet rock.  Looked new.  So of course I took that off, and underneath?  Styrofoam filled with mold.  Had servepro come out this morning to take a look.  The bathroom and second bedroom downstairs were both compromised.  But guess what the date was on the newly placed sheet rock was?  2016.  So the previous owners definitely knew and lied. Whole basement needs to be gutted.  Servepro will be giving us a quote  

Anyone ever been in a situation like this?  I called my realtor and he let the listing agent know. They said to forward the estimate and all the pictures and then we can figure out how to proceed.  The original sellers lied on the disclosure.  They should have to pay for it, right?  

No idea, but I would think there is some recourse here.  How long it may take....

25 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

You should clarify that there be no brown M&M's in the email and then you'll know if they read it or not when there is or isn't brown M&M's

My emails only have brown m&ms

• Haha 1

Situation that frustrated me today.

Getting some gas a the Kroger station and dude walks up and asks if I have any money on me and I said I didn't (I had about $3) and then he gets pissy and says  'Come on, you have  a nice car".   (I have a Chrysler 200, 2015, that I have taken pretty good care of,  it's nothing fancy at all).   So I tell him "I work two jobs to pay for this car".   He says he can't find work.  I point to the Kroger and there is a great big NOW HIRING sign in the window.    I told him, check in over there, they are hiring.   He says "I'm not working at any Kroger" like it was beneath him.     I don't want to be heartless and I know that people are struggling still, but as far as finding work, even lower paid work, this is about as good a time as any to be looking.     When I have lost jobs (radio, it happened a few times),  I was willing to work jobs I didn't want until I could find something.   This guy pissed me off.   Don't guilt me because I have a 200.    2 jobs and I am still struggling myself, but at least I'm trying.     Working at Kroger - beneath him.   Panhandling - not, I guess.     And honestly, he looked like central casting for one of Jesse Pinkman's customers.     I would have more sympathy if this was the 2007-2010 job market.   But not now.  If you want to work, there's a job out there you can do, even if it sucks.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

My emails only have brown m&ms

Didn't you basically tell the Van Halen people you'd take what they didn't want? 

I understand when they played the Silverdome the event coordinator put only brown m&ms in the bowl to **** with VH.

Which VH appreciated.

26 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

No idea, but I would think there is some recourse here.  How long it may take....

Agree with Biggs. If they signed a contract with a specific statement you would have a very strong case if you can show they had to have known. The damage to the wood is pretty clearly not recent, but whether you can prove it happened before 2016 (when they would have had to have seen it?) might require hiring an expert. A very rough estimate to repair a single leaking basement wall and footing drain would be (very roughly) in the $10K, range, plus whatever interior work you need to put back together, so the the seller doesn't accept responsibility, that sets the limits what you can sink into the cost of a lawsuit. 

15 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Getting some gas a the Kroger station and dude walks up and asks if I have any money on me and I said I didn't (I had about $3) and then he gets pissy and says  'Come on, you have  a nice car".   (I have a Chrysler 200, 2015, that I have taken pretty good care of,  it's nothing fancy at all).   So I tell him "I work two jobs to pay for this car".   He says he can't find work.  I point to the Kroger and there is a great big NOW HIRING sign in the window.    I told him, check in over there, they are hiring.   He says "I'm not working at any Kroger" like it was beneath him.     I don't want to be heartless and I know that people are struggling still, but as far as finding work, even lower paid work, this is about as good a time as any to be looking.     When I have lost jobs (radio, it happened a few times),  I was willing to work jobs I didn't want until I could find something.   This guy pissed me off.   Don't guilt me because I have a 200.    2 jobs and I am still struggling myself, but at least I'm trying.     Working at Kroger - beneath him.   Panhandling - not, I guess.     And honestly, he looked like central casting for one of Jesse Pinkman's customers.     I would have more sympathy if this was the 2007-2010 job market.   But not now.  If you want to work, there's a job out there you can do, even if it sucks.

Panhandlers are a mixed bag - I blow off most of them because of the very situation you're talking about - there are enough well vetted places you can make a contribution to people who need it without feeling guilty about refusing panhandlers. But still....One day I had business downtown in the old Kresge building that sits west of Cass Park (they call it something else now but I've forgotten what). There have been homeless hanging out in Cass Park since at least the 70's when I was in school down there. Anyway, and old guy in pretty rough shape approached me, and the smallest thing I had was $20, and I knew the guy was an alcoholic, but I gave it to him anyway. The poor old guy stood there weeping and gave me blessing that was probably worth every penny of a $20 - so I guess you never know.

1 hour ago, T&P_Fan said:

Liars. 

Your realtor can tell you what the laws are for your state regarding how things need to be disclosed. In some cases if there was a problem, but if it was fixed and remedied in a way such that the problem did not arise again for a certain period of time, the seller doesn’t have to disclose it. I forget the specifics but I remember my realtor mentioning it when I was shopping for a home. 

5 hours ago, T&P_Fan said:

Liars. 

I'm no lawyer, but im 99% sure if the sellers had the house in 2016, then they broke the purchasing contract.   When I sold my house a couple years ago, I had to disclose everything I knew, and it was part of a signed contract.   I would consider recourse at your earliest convenience.

ETA:  not sure about your employer, but if you have legal insurance, they may cover representing you on this because it is your primary residence (presumably)

Good luck man, I feel for you big time, that's terrible.

1 hour ago, pfife said:

I'm no lawyer, but im 99% sure if the sellers had the house in 2016, then they broke the purchasing contract.   When I sold my house a couple years ago, I had to disclose everything I knew, and it was part of a signed contract.   I would consider recourse at your earliest convenience.

ETA:  not sure about your employer, but if you have legal insurance, they may cover representing you on this because it is your primary residence (presumably)

Good luck man, I feel for you big time, that's terrible.

Sellers bought the house in 2013.  Found a niece piece of evidence when I got home from work today...the sheet rock had another date in it, the date it was stamped at the factory: June 27th of 2017!  He fixed it last summer/fall.  In both bedrooms downstairs.  

I will be contacting legal services in the morning. I work for the feds, they have nice employee assistance program that gets you a free few sessions and then a steep discount. Waiting for the estimate and then going from there.  The guy who did the inspection said he will be the worst nightmare for the seller.  

• Like 1

On 6/1/2018 at 7:18 AM, djhutch said:

& the game has already started when they're "going to the game". If he's that close, why didn't he just walk down & get his tix there?

Maybe it was a day night doubleheader?

10 hours ago, T&P_Fan said:

Sellers bought the house in 2013.  Found a niece piece of evidence when I got home from work today...the sheet rock had another date in it, the date it was stamped at the factory: June 27th of 2017!  He fixed it last summer/fall.  In both bedrooms downstairs.  

I will be contacting legal services in the morning. I work for the feds, they have nice employee assistance program that gets you a free few sessions and then a steep discount. Waiting for the estimate and then going from there.  The guy who did the inspection said he will be the worst nightmare for the seller.  

What EXACTLY did the agreement say?  

16 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Panhandlers are a mixed bag - I blow off most of them because of the very situation you're talking about - there are enough well vetted places you can make a contribution to people who need it without feeling guilty about refusing panhandlers. But still....One day I had business downtown in the old Kresge building that sits west of Cass Park (they call it something else now but I've forgotten what). There have been homeless hanging out in Cass Park since at least the 70's when I was in school down there. Anyway, and old guy in pretty rough shape approached me, and the smallest thing I had was $20, and I knew the guy was an alcoholic, but I gave it to him anyway. The poor old guy stood there weeping and gave me blessing that was probably worth every penny of a $20 - so I guess you never know.

It was remark about my car that really pissed me off.    I hadn't had a new car of any kind since about 1991.  Always had used cars since then (which was my choice). I decided to lease a new car this time around - so I could panic about every scratch and mile I put on it - because that's fun?    I don't need someone giving me a hard time for it.   I'm a bleeding heart liberal and not really a "get a job" type of guy, but I don't know, when you give me a hard time about something I've worked for - I do have a problem with that. 

17 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

That is the ENTIRE argument right there.

3 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

It was remark about my car that really pissed me off.    I hadn't had a new car of any kind since about 1991.  Always had used cars since then (which was my choice). I decided to lease a new car this time around - so I could panic about every scratch and mile I put on it - because that's fun?    I don't need someone giving me a hard time for it.   I'm a bleeding heart liberal and not really a "get a job" type of guy, but I don't know, when you give me a hard time about something I've worked for - I do have a problem with that. 

If you really were that you would have handed over that 3.00.  Not calling you out, but I think maybe you can be liberal without the bleeding heart part.  There is a HUGE gap, IMHO, between a bleeding heart liberal and a middle of the road liberal.

Just like there is a HUGE gap between a neo con and a middle of the road conservative.  The minority maniac fringe are the reason the people in the middle can never get anything done.

18 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Panhandlers are a mixed bag - I blow off most of them because of the very situation you're talking about - there are enough well vetted places you can make a contribution to people who need it without feeling guilty about refusing panhandlers. 

Where I work there are a lot of panhandlers on the route from the freeway exit to my office, if you are stopped at a light chances are someone is going to walk by your car with a sign.  I never carry cash, but I've always been wary of what the money is spent on.  I've started making little "kits" and I try to bring a couple with me each week to offer out my window: a couple peanut butter sandwiches, small bag of trail mix, fresh pair of socks, and now that it is summer a gatorade or bottled water or both.  I've had some people tell me to F off since I'm sure they want money for whatever they want to spend on, but most of the time they are very appreciative and I know at least it will go to helping them in some way.