FloridaTigers

Why trade Bonderman?

I don't...get this notion. I remember earlier in the year making a topic similar to this, but with all the "what has he proved" or "maturity" issues, many people sided with trading him. Now that we've seen him "prove" and "mature", shouldn't we be hoping the Tigers extend him? Pitching is what got us to the playoffs, so why trade Bonderman? He's arguably the best pitcher, worst case- second best pitcher we have right now. We can get a first basemen through quieter, cheaper options. We don't need to trade him for a bat. If we do, I honestly think the Tigers will be done. No playoffs if Bonderman is traded. We don't even have a solid 5th starter, atleast one with a cemented spot. We can't afford to trade Bondo. All I wanna know is...why trade Bonderman? Why?

I don't get the trade bondo talk either. Makes no sense if we want to make the playoffs again.

Pretty much the only hitter I would trade Bondo for is Pulhous, and that isn't happening.

What about Ryan Howard, Domino.

I agree. You don't trade a stud like Bonderman. You never trade good young pitchers period.

What about Ryan Howard, Domino.

I agree. You don't trade a stud like Bonderman. You never trade good young pitchers period.

Ok yep I'd do that too.

Basically what I'm saying is you only trade a guy like Bondo for one of the following and nothing else:

1. Another power starting pitcher

or

2. One of the top 2 or 3 hitters in all of MLB

Plenty of great pitchers have been traded in their careers and at a young age.

Possibly the organization does not see him as having a bull-dog mentality?

I'm not sure. He's very young and very talented. To trade a guy like Bonderman you'd most certainly have to get a great talent in return.

The window for the Tigers may be a short one - they just might feel like they have to capitalize immediately to win that championship. I don't like the idea of trading Bonderman, but to get tremendous talent you certainly have to be willing to give up talent.

I am liking you more and more every day...now if only your signature wasn't 97 lines long

His signature is only 2 more lines that yours. :confused:

His signature is only 2 more lines that yours. :confused:

You don't ever get jokes do you...

What is it like living in your humorless little bubble?

Also, notice how part of my sig is in really small font, that makes the whole thing seem smaller. Compare that to 84Lives, who sig is actually less words than mine...but appears to be GIANT AND ANNOYING

You don't ever get jokes do you...

What is it like living in your humorless little bubble?

Also, notice how part of my sig is in really small font, that makes the whole thing seem smaller. Compare that to 84Lives, who sig is actually less words than mine...but appears to be GIANT AND ANNOYING

Not from you I don't, because you're not funny.

Not from you I don't, because you're not funny.

You sir, have by far the best comebacks on this messageboard. I laud you you for both your rapier wit and boundless wisdom.

Here is some advice, when a comment is obviously directed at another person, leave it to that person to respond, especially when it is a compliment.

Here is some advice, when a comment is obviously directed at another person, leave it to that person to respond, especially when it is a compliment.

Pot calling the kettle black.

Plenty of great pitchers have been traded in their careers and at a young age.

Possibly the organization does not see him as having a bull-dog mentality?

I'm not sure.

Leyland has indicated that he has too much of a bulldog mentality sometimes. I don't think the organization wants to trade him at all. I think the notion that the team wants to trade him originated with the media and not the team.

Leyland has indicated that he has too much of a bulldog mentality sometimes. I don't think the organization wants to trade him at all. I think the notion that the team wants to trade him originated with the media and not the team.

Lynn Henning is the culprit in my opinion. I think he doesn't like Bonderman so will try to push trading him every chance he gets.

I can't wait until he gets into it with Sheffield.

Take this crap to private messaging so I don't have to read it.

Don't click on the thread if you don't want to read it. Besides it was a pointless thread anyway.

I gave my buddy Johnny Mac a compliment - from there someone decided to be a poopy pants. All I have done is been complimentary in this thread sir (as the words will clearly show).

Pretty much the only hitter I would trade Bondo for is Pulhous, and that isn't happening.

yeah, I would trade him for poohholes too.

Bondo is a good pitcher, I wouldn't trade him for a streaky Teixiera. He just has that fiery mentality and is a terrific power pitcher to complement softer throwers like Rogers and Robertson (granted, we have Verlander and soon Miller to do the same thing).

We can not possibly afford to trade Bonderman. For the oh-so-short playoff series, it is essential to have at least 3 upper-tier starting pitchers, preferably 4 .......

However, if Bonderman expresses a desire to test the FA market instead of taking any extension offers, then yes by all means trade him for whatever bat or prospects package you can get.

I don't...get this notion. I remember earlier in the year making a topic similar to this, but with all the "what has he proved" or "maturity" issues, many people sided with trading him. Now that we've seen him "prove" and "mature", shouldn't we be hoping the Tigers extend him? Pitching is what got us to the playoffs, so why trade Bonderman? He's arguably the best pitcher, worst case- second best pitcher we have right now. We can get a first basemen through quieter, cheaper options. We don't need to trade him for a bat. If we do, I honestly think the Tigers will be done. No playoffs if Bonderman is traded. We don't even have a solid 5th starter, atleast one with a cemented spot. We can't afford to trade Bondo. All I wanna know is...why trade Bonderman? Why?

1) He's not Verlander, most people think Verlander is going to be the long term ace of the staff, since his first year is better then Bonderman's 4th.

2) He's coming up on free agency eligibility and if he doesn't sign an extension, it may look like the Tigers are going to lose him for nothing.

3) None of the other pitchers on the staff outside Verlander would bring a premium first base prospect

4) People think the Tigers system is backlogged with SP's waiting in the wings to replace Bonderman.

5) Bonderman seems to keep having the same issues, even after 4 years, lack of a reliable offspeed pitch, and composure issues, some of which indicate he isn't going to ever be a #1.