RedRamage

"We're raisin' the bar"

From this Freep.com article:

Each player received a T-shirt featuring a tiger lifting a barbell and the slogan "We're raisin' the bar," which also has been a motto of Lions coach Marty Mornhinweg.

"Hey, whatever slogans we've had the last eight, nine, 10 years haven't worked either," Higginson said, laughing. "So we're going to try something."

Can't say as I'm terrible inspired by that logo, and the connection with the Lions isn't help any either!! :wink:

BTW, to further the Lions connection, I hear that they will be doing some work out over at Ford Field today. Not a bad idea...

ugghh...I hate lame-*** slogans like that. I would have expected better from Tram and Gibby.

The slogan should be "shut-up and play ball (well)"

I don't believe this is Trammell's or Gibson's idea, but rather the Tiger Marketing Department who figures they'll be able to sell quite a few of these shirts come the regular season. Now if Tram or Gibby start dropping the phrase during interviews that will be another story.

I want one of those t-shirts, I'm sure it would just be a matter of minutes before I got beat senseless for wearing it though :confused:

Dan, I thought it may have been "I didn't know there were hash bars on these flights!"

Last years like many before that was "If we don't meet your standards lower them."