Oblong

Dombrowski on Fox Detroit Sports Show

Originally posted by Oblong

Heard them advertise it during the Wings game.

What did he have to say? I missed it. Did anybody see it?

It was a typically shallow Fox-Sp.-DET kind of report: maybe 90-120 seconds; a few sound bites (trying to get better; when you lose a lot of games, you've got to makes changes; he's excited about some of the young players on the team; he expects Tram and the guys--who are good teachers--to school the young players well), and then a few clips of Tigers' stumbling and bumbling from last year.

You didn't miss much.

Originally posted by Rob Jones

It was a typically shallow Fox-Sp.-DET kind of report: maybe 90-120 seconds; a few sound bites ... and then a few clips of Tigers' stumbling and bumbling from last year.You didn't miss much.

Glad I didn't stay up to watch it then. By the way, about FSD. I'm sick of everytime I watch them, it's all "Look how stupid & awful the Tigers are." "Man, those Lions stink." We know they're bad, but that's not why we're watching. We want inside information. If all you can do is give us the same old boring "We stink", then shut-up.

Dombrowski was on "The Sports Station" yesterday for all of two minutes as well - basically defending his Redman move and saying that the Tigs will have the highest payroll in the Central Division this season, and its how you spend it, not how much you have to spend.

Nothing too earth shattering, I wonder why these guys even book him for an interview if it is going to be softball questions and a few minutes long.

wonder why these guys even book him for an interview if it is going to be softball questions and a few minutes long.

Because more than a few of us probably watched it and we're talking about it. :classic: Had I been around and saw the tease, I probably would've tuned in too.

Ernest - A question was posed, wondering if Illitch would open up his cheque book to sign free-agents in the future when we are more competitive. The point being made by Dombrowski during his answer, that I probably butchered, was that you could look at Texas with their $90M payroll and then look at Minnesota with the >$30M payroll to see that a big payroll doesn't always equate to success.

What I got from the interview is that he expects Easley, Halter, and Palmer to start at the infield positions, with Higgy in rightfield and Young in left. Nothing else that we didnt really know.

Fox Sports doesnt have that good of a show(the anchors suck) but I like that they are a local oriented show so I usually watch it.

The only problem with Fox Sports and their great "Local" news, is that the anchors are working out of the state of Washington!! But I do like Mickey York and Trevor Thompson as well as Shireen Shaskee. If they really want to make it Local Sports they should turn over the job to them. They could do the job much better.