jackson_cannery

The Mythical Foreign Substance/What was on Kenny's hand?

We cheated better than the Cardinals. Get over it. Besides Weaver had pot in his back pocket.

lol

Fact: Nobody knows for sure what it was, it could have been Dirt, Resin & Moisture (it was raining), or pine tar

Fact: Even if it was tar 60-70% of pitchers use it. If you're going to spin this as a problem you need to suspend 60-70% of the pitchers in the league

Fact: The umpires and both coaches were on top of it immediately after just a couple outs, if there was a problem the umpires WOULD HAVE ACTED ON IT. The fact that they didn't means it's a non issue.

Fact: Whatever it was it was gone after inning #1, and he pitched a 1 hitter the rest of the way.

Non issue completely.

I knew right away, because when the balls hit the dirt, Pudge would throw them to the dugout, instead of giving it to the ump for a new ball like usual.

And I beleive pitchers do commonly use this, but since it was cold out, and he kept blowing into his hand is what made it obvious.

Remember pujols is trainer was implicated in the hgh investigation.

Well sheeeeeit, let's just hang him now. He's obviously guilty.

Fact: Nobody knows for sure what it was, it could have been Dirt, Resin & Moisture (it was raining), or pine tar

Fact: Even if it was tar 60-70% of pitchers use it. If you're going to spin this as a problem you need to suspend 60-70% of the pitchers in the league

Fact: The umpires and both coaches were on top of it immediately after just a couple outs, if there was a problem the umpires WOULD HAVE ACTED ON IT. The fact that they didn't means it's a non issue.

Fact: Whatever it was it was gone after inning #1, and he pitched a 1 hitter the rest of the way.

Non issue completely.

Maybe I missed it, but were is the fact that 60-70% of pitchers use it?

and the haters were OWNED!

Anyone else see him jump out of his seat, pump his fist, and chest bump his little brother just now?

That's what all the ESPN and Fox announcers were saying all day.

2000 posts

It's pretty obvious that the umps aren't going to see whether it is pine tar. They are going to investigate it and cover their asses right now and say it is dirt.

But then again, this is MLB. I wouldn't put anything past them. They'll probably push it under the rug just like they did in 2005 with the Game 2 ALCS disgrace.

Rod Allen was enraged about McCarver's (lack of) impartiality and pretty much called him out.

Tim McCarver played for 10+ years in St. Louis.

Joe Buck's father was long-time Cardinals annoucer.

It's like having cheerleaders in the booth.

I'd rather have Jon Miller/Joe Morgan doing the game. But ABC owns them. Josh Lewin though would be great. Or Bob Costas.

It's pretty obvious that the umps aren't going to see whether it is pine tar. They are going to investigate it and cover their asses right now and say it is dirt.

But then again, this is MLB. I wouldn't put anything past them. They'll probably push it under the rug just like they did in 2005 with the Game 2 ALCS disgrace.

Would you like a tissue? Or perhaps an invisible cloak to hide from the black helicopters would be better?

It was age spots. I'm surprised they didn't jump to that conclusion after going on and on about how old Kenny is:

hands%20age%20spots%20-%20before.jpg

On ESPN coverage, they asked around, and other MLB pitchers claimed this to be true. Dusty Baker basically agreed that it's common.

I knew right away, because when the balls hit the dirt, Pudge would throw them to the dugout, instead of giving it to the ump for a new ball like usual.

And I beleive pitchers do commonly use this, but since it was cold out, and he kept blowing into his hand is what made it obvious.

With it being so cold and Kenny knowingly blowing on his hand throughout the game, with high zoom cameras focusing on the pitcher throughout the game, either:

A - Kenny is the stupidest human being on the planet or

B - It wasn't pine tar.