jackson_cannery

The Mythical Foreign Substance/What was on Kenny's hand?

Dude, that most definitely tar.

Hate to crush your pristine images of our Tigers, but it is what it is.

Being in denial of it isn't going to help matters.

You dont know what it was dipwad.

I doubt FOX is really enthused about one of their local analysts tearing into one of their national analysts.

Care to expound?

Being in San Antonio, I have no idea what you just said!:laugh:

The point isn't that he pitched 7 wonderful innings without the pine tar. He did. He deserves all the kudos.

The point is that he should have been ejected after the 1st inning.

Not here to cause trouble, just showing a pic that I stumbled upon

Pinetar2.jpg

If he washed it off like it was reported, he still pitched a gem.

Good luck the rest of the series. Hope to see some fantastic pitching the next few games.

What about Roid boy Pujols?

The point isn't that he pitched 7 wonderful innings without the pine tar. He did. He deserves all the kudos.

The point is that he should have been ejected after the 1st inning.

You dont ****ing know what it was.

Care to expound?

Being in San Antonio, I have no idea what you just said!:laugh:

Rod Allen was enraged about McCarver's (lack of) impartiality and pretty much called him out.

It was quite obvious it was some pine tar, but after he washed it off, he pitched a gem. So I dont think it is going to cause that big of a deal. But there is not a doubt in my mind that it was pine tar. They got a hit when he had it, then didnt get another until the 8th.
Yep.

I'd like to propose we redo the first inning and see if the outcome is any different.

;)

Rod Allen was enraged about McCarver's impartiality and pretty much called him out.

FYI Rod Allen is one of our local tiger announcers on Fox Sports Net (might not know this in san antonio)

It looks like pine tar, but it could also be dirt. The pictures from the other series did not look anything like tonight's substance, one of them he looked completely clean of any substance.

How come the dirt isn't all over his hands then? Instead of on his palms and thumb?

Seems to me it was placed there.

Rod Allen was enraged about McCarver's impartiality and pretty much called him out.

Whats bad is that Both Buck and McCarver are both St. Louis loyalist.

If the use of pine tar by pitchers is pretty common, I can maybe see why the umps would simply tell Rogers to wash it off rather than ejecting him.

There are the rules in the book, and then there are the things commonly accepted in the game, even though they may not be in strict consistency with the rule book. For instance, on double play balls, the player at 2nd base frequently doesn't actually touch the base, but still they call the runner out.

You dont know what it was dipwad.

So you do?

Good job resorting to name calling.

I pitched before, that looks like tar. Stop acting like a delusional homer Flames. There's a much bigger chance of that being tar/whatever than dirt. The location away kinda gives it away.

Most pitchers do it once in awhile so i'm not calling out Keny. I guess I'm just disappointed a tad.

I'm surprised you havn't started a seperate thread on the new thought that poped into your head about it.

The funny thing is, the first inning was probably Kenny's worst.

I just hope this thing doesn't get dragged out, though I have a feeling it will be. This team doesn't need the distraction. We certainly can't afford a suspension.

What about Roid boy Pujols?

When did Pujols test positive? And what does that have to do with Kenny Rogers having pinetar on his hand?

well, if I seen steroid juice leaking out off an orrfice, i would say the same thing!

What exactly does steroid juice look like? :classic:

well, if I seen steroid juice leaking out off an orrfice, i would say the same thing!

next time he's interviewed check out his lip, you just may get your wish :laugh:

The ump in charge of this game should be fired. That was a disgrace.

Kenny Rogers blatantly had pine tar on his hands. He should have been ejected after the 2nd inning. The rules state that any foreign substance on a pitchers hand - that pitcher should be ejected and suspended.

We cheated better than the Cardinals. Get over it. Besides Weaver had pot in his back pocket.