RedRamage

Heros = X-men

Okay, I've been watching Hero's for a few weeks now and I'm enjoying the show so far. I find it interesting to see how these people deal with the discovery of extra abilities.

I do have to say two things through:

First: Hollywood will KILL every new idea by coping it forever until it's overdone. Need we look any farther than CSI - CSI:Miami - NCIS (aka, CSI:Navy) - CSI:NY or the never ending Law & Order shows? Now with LOST being so popular everyone is scrambling to find the next mysterious series that is very involved and secretive... LOST - Invasion - The Nine - Even Prison Break.

Second: It seems as if Heros is a little short of coming up with some people with original abilities... A lot of 'em seem to be closely related to X-men characters. Obviously different people, but same abilities. Cheerleader = Wolverine. Cop = Charles Xavier. Politician's brother = Rogue.

Still, and interesting series so far. I'll be curious to see where it goes from here.

I think it's pretty tough to come up with original abilities given that there are so many superhero comics at this point. I don't think heroes is trying to break new ground in that department either, as it is more focused on how the characters deal with their abilities in this "real world" scenario than what the abilites specifically are.

Telepathy, regeneration, and flight weren't exactly new ideas even when the Xmen were created. Even the webcam girls ability is basically just the Hulks without the green skin and torn shirts. I do wonder what the limits of the guy that can bend the space time continuum are though.

That's a good point QS... I guess it just struck me as odd that it half the people seemed to align pretty close to the "standard" X-men (if there is such a thing as standard x-men). But you are right that it's pretty hard to find something really original as far as super powers.

I agree too that this show seems to be more about how the characters deal with their super powers than what their power are.

I love this show for its ability to tell a complex story with cliffhangers that don't make you feel jipped out of your time, much like LOST does.

I also like that they picked normal looking actors/actresses, which if they were trying to be a comic book/X-Men type, in my opinion, they would have casted a bunch of muscle to play the parts, which is why I think allot of people like the oriental kid, cause he looks so ordinarily - normal.

The show was already picked up for the entire season by NBC, so the writers have a chance to really build up a season ending cliffhanger.

I love this show for its ability to tell a complex story with cliffhangers that don't make you feel jipped out of your time, much like LOST does.

I bet you Heroes won't also take extended 13 week breaks after 3 episodes a season.

I was really disappointed with the finale. We were promised closure on this chapter and the finale did nothing. The finale was one big set-up for next year. Everyone that might die also might live. I really liked where Heroes was going mid-season, now not so much. What an incredibly weak ending. Now I'm just hoping LOST doesn't disappoint as well.

I still watch it every week, but I have to agree with shorts, I think this was a pretty weak conclusion for the year. Some mystery is good and necessary, but we're left with way too much in this one, and more importantly, we have NO closure of anything!

Is the Syler thread closed? No.

Is the Peter thread closed? No.

Is the 'will Nathan be good or bad' thread closed? No.

Is the 'what will become of Hiro' thread closed? No.

Is the 'what is the "company" ' thread closed? No.

The only thing we got any closer on is Linderman, and that was last week!

Too much mystery... plus the final "fight" scene was silly. Syler can easily deal with Peter and his abilities, can easily stop Parkman and Glasses, and even standup to Hulk-girl, but when Hiro appears 5 feet away from him, and he sees Hiro, and talks to Hiro, and then Hiro rushes him, he can't stop him?

Why didn't Clare shoot Peter?

He would not have blown up and might have lived through it anyhow.

I am confused.

Why didn't Clare shoot Peter?

He would not have blown up and might have lived through it anyhow.

I am confused.

Why didn't she shoot him? Because, like everyone has said, this is more then a "Hero" show, it's about being human as well. That's her Uncle. She loves him. She couldn't sacarifce him, for the greater good of the world.

Doesn't Peter have the power to heal, like Claire does? So if she shoots him, he doesn't die.

Also, why did Peter need his brother to fly into space? Couldn't Peter just fly up there himself?

I thought this was a weak episode compared the latest ones. I too hope the LOST finale doesn't disappoint --- I have a feeling it won't!

Doesn't Peter have the power to heal, like Claire does? So if she shoots him, he doesn't die.

Also, why did Peter need his brother to fly into space? Couldn't Peter just fly up there himself?

I thought this was a weak episode compared the latest ones. I too hope the LOST finale doesn't disappoint --- I have a feeling it won't!

She should have shot him. It made no sense for her not to. Shoot him and he might live or die, they don't really know. Don't shoot him maybe he dies anyways, she may die, and her dad definitely dies with millions of others.

One reason Peter needed his brother is that he had no control over any of his powers at that point. he couldn't control the explosion, maybe he cannot control any power.

Why didn't she shoot him? Because, like everyone has said, this is more then a "Hero" show, it's about being human as well. That's her Uncle. She loves him. She couldn't sacarifce him, for the greater good of the world.

Save the cheerleader Save the World.

Because the cheerleader talked to her "father" and helped change his mind to fly in and rescue New York by flying Peter away.

I saw it coming from day 1....not!

I still watch it every week, but I have to agree with shorts, I think this was a pretty weak conclusion for the year. Some mystery is good and necessary, but we're left with way too much in this one, and more importantly, we have NO closure of anything!

Is the Syler thread closed? No.

Is the Peter thread closed? No.

Is the 'will Nathan be good or bad' thread closed? No.

Is the 'what will become of Hiro' thread closed? No.

Is the 'what is the "company" ' thread closed? No.

The only thing we got any closer on is Linderman, and that was last week!

Too much mystery... plus the final "fight" scene was silly. Syler can easily deal with Peter and his abilities, can easily stop Parkman and Glasses, and even standup to Hulk-girl, but when Hiro appears 5 feet away from him, and he sees Hiro, and talks to Hiro, and then Hiro rushes him, he can't stop him?

It was a little weak, but it leaves the next season wide open. Obviously they werent gonna close the book on all of those things, but one would be nice. Hiro learned speed from his father, so thats why he was able to rush him. He stabbed Syler before Syler could use any powers to defend himself.

Here's my questions at this point with season 1 over:

1.) Why is Hiro in 17th Century Japan? Obviously it has something to do with that legend he was always talking about. But I dont understand why they threw that at us right then.

2.) If Peter didnt die in the foreseen future explosion, then I dont think he dies here. I dont think he exploded, he just gave off intense radiation in one huge blast.

3.) What is the Petrelli mothers power? I think she has a lot to do with the 'company'

4.) Why did some of them have those marks on their necks if the little girl just had to think about them to know where they are?

5.) Molly, or whatever the little girls name is, mentioned somebody even more evil who sees her if she tries to locate him/her. Any ideas on who this is?

I'm thinking the following things happen:

1.) Nathan is dead, but Syler is alive and still manages to steal his identity to be president

2.) Parkman lives

3.) Ando has a power/continues to play some sort role in all of this

4.) We havent heard the last of that Zachary kid (Claire's apparently gay friend from early in the series)

5.) Peter isnt dead, considering how much the story has relied on him and his absorbing ability, I dont know where they go from here if he is gone (no way to see the future with Isaac dead, No one to bend time if Hiro is stuck in 17 C Japan, and Peter likely absorbed all of Sylers powers if they met....right?)

I hope the following things happen:

1.) No more Nikki/Jessica and DL. I really couldnt stand their whole side of the story. Hard to follow and too much overacting. You love your son...we get it...

1.) Why is Hiro in 17th Century Japan? Obviously it has something to do with that legend he was always talking about. But I dont understand why they threw that at us right then.

Hard to say. If I had to guess, it's here that Hiro really hones his fighting ability.

2.) If Peter didnt die in the foreseen future explosion, then I dont think he dies here. I dont think he exploded, he just gave off intense radiation in one huge blast.

I agree. I'm about 99.426% sure he's not dead.

3.) What is the Petrelli mothers power? I think she has a lot to do with the 'company'

Agreed.

4.) Why did some of them have those marks on their necks if the little girl just had to think about them to know where they are?

That hit me at one point too. Why tag 'em if she can locate them without anything extra? My only thought is that the tagging is a backup system, especially considering that the girl was/is sick. She locates 'em, they move in and tag them so they'll be able to find them again even without the girl.

5.) Molly, or whatever the little girls name is, mentioned somebody even more evil who sees her if she tries to locate him/her. Any ideas on who this is?

Nope. I don't think it's anyone we've seen yet. I admit to being a Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan. And this show reminds me a little of that one in that there is usually one major villain per year. Individual stories and bad guys show up throughout the year, but the story is all tied in, in one way or another, with the big year long story.

1.) Nathan is dead, but Syler is alive and still manages to steal his identity to be president

Good idea, but I don't think that Syler has killed the illusion girl... yet. I kinda like the idea though. It would definitely setup an underground group sort thing with the government 'hunting' down the good heroes.

2.) Parkman lives

I agree.

3.) Ando has a power/continues to play some sort role in all of this

Interesting thought... I'd never thought of that possbility.

4.) We havent heard the last of that Zachary kid (Claire's apparently gay friend from early in the series)

I think we have, but we'll see.

5.) Peter isnt dead, considering how much the story has relied on him and his absorbing ability, I dont know where they go from here if he is gone (no way to see the future with Isaac dead, No one to bend time if Hiro is stuck in 17 C Japan, and Peter likely absorbed all of Sylers powers if they met....right?)

I agree that Peter is not dead. And yes, Peter did absorb Syler's powers. Remember when he's fighting with the invisible guy and he bends that guy's pole with his mind? Peter never met a telekinetic, but they reason that he probably picked it up from Syler when they fought over Clair.

That hit me at one point too. Why tag 'em if she can locate them without anything extra? My only thought is that the tagging is a backup system, especially considering that the girl was/is sick. She locates 'em, they move in and tag them so they'll be able to find them again even without the girl.

Thats true. After thinking about it, I've convinced myself that the little girl dies. There seems to be several characters (mostly the undeveloped ones like mother petrelli, and charles deveaux) who know all about the future...so if the little girl lives they likely wouldnt bother with all of this.

Nope. I don't think it's anyone we've seen yet. I admit to being a Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan. And this show reminds me a little of that one in that there is usually one major villain per year. Individual stories and bad guys show up throughout the year, but the story is all tied in, in one way or another, with the big year long story.

Yeah. I'm curious as to where Syler goes from here, but I think he wont be in much of the second season--like he's going into hiding for a while.

Good idea, but I don't think that Syler has killed the illusion girl... yet. I kinda like the idea though. It would definitely setup an underground group sort thing with the government 'hunting' down the good heroes.

I'm just thinking that would be the case because it seemed to happen in the future. Of course, if Nathan Petrelli is dead.... 1.) Syler would have to assume his identity immediately--meaning finding and killing that illusion chick right away.....2.) Peter and others would know Nathan is dead, and wouldnt sit by idly while Nathans identity is taken.

I agree that Peter is not dead. And yes, Peter did absorb Syler's powers. Remember when he's fighting with the invisible guy and he bends that guy's pole with his mind? Peter never met a telekinetic, but they reason that he probably picked it up from Syler when they fought over Clair.

Good call. If he absorbed Sylers abilities, wouldnt Peter have gotten the super-hearing ability that Syler got from the mechanic lady? She said she couldnt stop it without music, so I'd think Peter would at least know he had it...if not being completely annoyed by it. Peter should also have super memory from the diner girl. Either he has all of these, or there's something we dont understand about his absorption power yet.

and as for Zachary--why I think we havent seen the end of him--he really didnt seem particularly disgusted/surprised with Claire's ability. Just makes me think one of 2 things:

1.) He has an ability of his own

2.) He is/was working for someone to keep Claire in check. Notice how Mr. Bennett seemed considerably more concerned that Lyle knew about Claires abilities than he did about Zack knowing them.

I dunno.....just thinking out loud.

Their were indeed two tracking systems.

Molly Walker is one of them and is covered in the show.

The other is a satellite/isotope based tracking system, covered pretty in depth in all the online stuff (Hana website, graphic novels, etc.)

Their were indeed two tracking systems.

Molly Walker is one of them and is covered in the show.

The other is a satellite/isotope based tracking system, covered pretty in depth in all the online stuff (Hana website, graphic novels, etc.)

Yeah I just read all those online comics. Do they expect everyone who watches the show to go do that, or will they actually allude to this stuff in the show at some point. Its gonna get confusing if they start having online novels with key information to the story in them and then omit references to those plot lines in the actual show.