IdahoBert

10-06-06 Tigers vs. Yankees--ALDS Game #3

I went to Toronto for two games in the summer and me and my friends after both Tigers wins left shouting "Eat 'em up Tigers, eat 'em Up!" (Clap, Clap). One guy said, "Hey Detroit, how those Wings doin'?" We replied laughing, "Alot better than the Leafs!"

That said, indoor baseball is the most boreing experience in the world.

And, Go Kenny!

I just moved to Toronto this spring and I was at all 3 games at the Skydome (err...I mean Rogers Centre). Completely different experience. Going to a 4 oclock game on a Saturday afternoon indoors when its 80 degrees outside is odd indeed.

Yoda, I love your game thread wallpaper, and I hate to nitpick, but man you gotta get those jerseys right. We're headed home for a playoff game for the first time in 19 years. I want to see Rogers in those snappy home whites.

And I think we've earned ourselves a couple days of not setting eyes on those ****ing pinstripes.

Make it happen, buddy!

Yoda, I love your game thread wallpaper, and I hate to nitpick, but man you gotta get those jerseys right. We're headed home for a playoff game for the first time in 19 years. I want to see Rogers in those snappy home whites.

And I think we've earned ourselves a couple days of not setting eyes on those ****ing pinstripes.

Make it happen, buddy!

LOL!! I didnt even notice that!

Well...assuming that Randy's back woes are legit, I'm hoping that the forcast for a chilly night rings true. Nothing like a bit of a chill to stiffen up and old back.

I'm going to be there with my mits on. If the Tigers win it can snow for all I care.

I don't see Rogers finessing his way through a lot of innings against that line-up.

I'm hoping he can pitch decent for about 5 innings and that they'll hit Johnson. Then the bullpens can battle it out. I'm expecting a high scoring game.

I think Rogers will either be brilliant or awful, depending on whether he has pinpoint command.

I could see something like 6 ip 2 er or something like 2 ip 6 er....

"I sure hope (Johnson) is on,'' Yankee center fielder Johnny Damon said. "He hasn't pitched in a while. But we have to win. It's tough playing with your backs up against the wall. I think Randy's going to be very prepared and, hopefully, (tonight) we can take the lead in the series.''

I'll be there tonight too. Hopefully a better outcome than the last game I attended (Sunday). Actually the only two games I've been to at Comerica this year they lost, so I'm due for a win!

I am bummed. I will likely miss watching/listening to both of the next two games due to band obligations. I need consolation that only victories can provide.

Mike & Mike on ESPN this morning had an interesting view. Saying that when the Yankees faced the Angles and got beat in the playoffs a year ago, they were going home to NY, tied 1-1 with the angels and Randy Johnson was on the mound for Game 3. He lasted 3.1 IP and gave up 5 ER on 9 hits and the Yankees lost that game. They said how eerie is this situation this year and it isn't looking good with Johnson's bad back and the cold weather in Detroit and the Tigers feeling good taking 1 game in NY.

I'm glad we have a healthy Rogers going tonight and I think he steps it up. He has most of the year when it has counted. I just hope when/if Rodney is called upon tonight, that he can step up as well.

Stupid National Writer Alert

Rogers is known as one of the worst choke artists in the game, a reputation enhanced by his lousy performance in the final game of the regular season, when he walked home a run and the Tigers blew the division title. Rogers has such a fragile psyche, Leyland held him out of the first two games so he wouldn’t have to start at Yankee Stadium.

"I sure hope (Johnson) is on,'' Yankee center fielder Johnny Damon said. "He hasn't pitched in a while. But we have to win. It's tough playing with your backs up against the wall. I think Randy's going to be very prepared and, hopefully, (tonight) we can take the lead in the series.''

Doesn't sound like Damon's too confident in RJ shutting down the Tigers batters.

Their backs are already against the wall because anything less than winning the WS is a failure for the Yankees. There was pressure to even sweep every single series.

The Tigers on the other hand have no extra pressure from the media/fans.

All I hear this morning is how A-Rod is failing again. You know that will get to him and affect his play for the rest of this series if he doesn't have a good game, which right now, chances are, he won't.

A lot of media people are giving the Tigers credit for being scrappy team that won't quit. Like the first game, down 5-0, they made it a ballgame for a while and came back. This is a good thing to give the Yankees that feeling that Detroit won't just give up no matter how many runs you score on them. That yankees bullpen has been lucky so far and they can't keep being lucky.