Johnny Mac

Adopt A Wing

We are having a draft, sign up until 11:59 thursday night, than draft starts the next day.

THIS IS THE DRAFT ORDER NOW

1. lesgoblu02 - Nicklas Lidstrom #5 D

2. Rocko2 - Brad Norton #17 D

3. Johnny Mac - Henrik Zetterberg #40 LW

4. wolverinefan - Pavel Datsyuk #13 C

5. MK96 - Tomas Kopecky #28 C

6. pyrotigers - Niklas Kronwall #55 D

7. baseballglove007 - Jiri Hudler #26 C

8. snoogit - Johan Franzen #93 C

9. DetroitDan - Dan Cleary #11 LW

10. shamrock07 - Tomas Holmstrom #96 LW

11. Shinma - Dominik Hasek #39 G

12. Tramlou - Chris Osgood #30 G

13. StarCityTiger - Kirk Maltby #18 LW

14. Monkeytargets37 - Danny Markov #95 D

15. kajoreh - Kris Draper #33 C

16. MichiganFan1717 - Robert Lang #20 C

17. rvd7 - Mikael Samuelsson #37 RW

18. statesboroblues - Mathieu Schneider #23 D

I took our new goon, big bad Brad Norton. 1777.jpg

Brad has knocked around for a few years, although he has a collegiate background, Brad has always played the game physical. After college Brad signed did a stint right close to hockeytown playing for the Detroit Vipers of the old IHL. He then played the better part of 4 years in the AHL with stops in Hamilton & Hershey before making his big league debut with the Florida Panthers in 2001-02. He followed that up with 2 seasons in Los Angeles and part of 1 in Washington. He then ventured out of North America and played part of the year in Finland for the 2005-06 season, and for Binghampton again, of the AHL. His NHL totals are as follow: 118 Games 3 Goals 7 Assists 10 Points 267 Penalty Minutes.

Some of his fight opponents over the years include: Mel Angelstad, Shawn Thornton, Chris Dingman, Andrew Peters, Bob Probert (fast fact: Norton was the legends last fight opponent in the NHL, a distinguished mark to be sure), Darren McCarty, Donald Brashear, and a host of other NHL & AHL legends.

It's obvious Brad is going to play physical, stand up for his teammates, and fight when needed. IMO a welcome addition to our small european laced team. It's been far too long since Detroit has had someone on the roster who's job it is to protect and serve. I for one am glad to have him around. Detroit, put your hands together and give a big MoTown Sports Welcome to..... BRAD NORTON!!

Little Blurb from the Freep:

http://freep.typepad.com/redwings/2006/10/norton_makes_th.html

DETROIT -- Being an enforcer isn't an easy role in the NHL, but Brad Norton embraces it.

Norton has done it, and he'll do it again. He'll protect teammates and he'll accept any challenges, and because the Wings were need of size and strength, Norton earned the final available roster spot. Now, Norton can finally get some sleep.

"I've been going to bed at 4 a.m. since camp started," Norton said Tuesday. "It's been a little stressful.

"It's a good feeling. It's always tough, especially on a two-way (contract), but there's a role they needed to fill, and I guess for the time being I'm going to fill that role and it's a good feeling."

Norton has the roster spot for the moment. Fighting in the new NHL decreased greatly last season, and many enforcers such as Tie Domi, Donald Brashear and Georges Laraque retired (Domi) or went to new teams in search of jobs.

If the Wings find Norton isn't being used much this season, they'll likely go in another direction.

In years past, the Wings had players such as Darren McCarty, Martin Lapointe and Joe Kocur to keep teams honest if things got out of hand on the ice.

Norton showed he could handle himself with his fists during the exhibition season but also showed hockey skills.

"Way better skills than I anticipated," coach Mike Babcock said. "He played good on the wall and skated better than I thought. He's not a liability, and you can't have people who are liabilities. It just doesn't work that way."

Norton, incidentally, started his pro career with the Detroit Vipers in the International Hockey League in 1997-98.

"We lost in Game 7 of the finals," Norton said. "I always thought I'd be back, and I haven't been back since to the finals. You don't appreciate it when you're there. But that was fun, a great experience."

They did a draft last year.

im trying to gauge interest, and there doesnt seem to be much, and the season is about to start. unless we get some interest, i say just make it waivers and let people pick people up when they want. if we got enough interest, i will hold a draft, but as of now, there doesnt seem to be much

Some of his fight opponents over the years include: Mel Angelstad, Shawn Thornton, Chris Dingman, Andrew Peters, Bob Probert (fast fact: Norton was the legends last fight opponent in the NHL, a distinguished mark to be sure), Darren McCarty, Donald Brashear, and a host of other NHL & AHL legends.

I have those fights with Angelstad on tape and they are classics. Andy Bezeau had some great scraps with Angelstad, too.

BTW, I'll do the adopt-a-wing, but I will wait to see if we are going to have a draft.

I'm in, but I'm sticking with Norton, so draft him, and we'll have to have a court decide who gets him. :)

I'm in, but I'm sticking with Norton, so draft him, and we'll have to have a court decide who gets him. :)

id say you have a good shot at him, since so few have signed up and since the wings have quite a bit of bigger names

ok, thats it folks

once i find a random number generator site, ill announce the order, probably in like 10 minutes or so

Damn, I just saw this thread. I would like to adopt-a-wing.

I don't mind picking from whomever is left over if you already have everything set up.

Thanks. GO TIGERS! GO WINGS!

draft order set, i just say draft whenever, make it quick, if its been your turn for more than 24 hours, your skipped, but can come back and draft whenever of guys not chosen. all undrafted become FA to be picked up by anyone

lesgoblu02 - Youre on the clock

Damn, I just saw this thread. I would like to adopt-a-wing.

I don't mind picking from whomever is left over if you already have everything set up.

Thanks. GO TIGERS! GO WINGS!

you can have last pick(#13), ill just add you to the end, still not a bad pick, due to lack of participation