caseyo4

Why I hate the Yankees: Derek Jeter

9611158.jpg

Derek Jeter

Because the Yankees have so many "name" players, and they are our enemy at least for the next week, I thought it might be entertaining and theraputic to call them out, one by one, and basically bash them. Not necessarily anything personal agasint them individually, but if so, you probably would still find worse in the New York media.

Please feel free to elaborate, counter, or add your own diatribes...

How could we possibly find anything to dislike about Mr. All-American superstar, Derek Jeter?

1. Was voted the most overrated player in MLB in a Sports Illustrated survey of 470 major leaguers in 2006. Numerous players were mentioned in the survey. Jeter received 9% of the vote.

2. He turned down a scholorship at UofM to join the Yankees. Him and Drew Henson apparently have something in common....

3. Derek Jeter's first little league team was named the Tigers. He says he remembers this fact because he hates the Detroit Tigers.

Need more?

4. 100 Reasons to Hate Derek Jeter

rcmJeter.jpg

3. Derek Jeter's first little league team was named the Tigers. He says he remembers this fact because he hates the Detroit Tigers.

I would give anything to see Marcus Thames take his *** out with a dirty slide into second.

I hate him even more this year with the media touting him for MVP. Hitting

.340 with 14 home runs. PU!

Captain My Captain chose not to defend A-Rod publically, because of a personal dislike. It's all about winning, pfft.

That 100 Reasons to hate Jeter list is very funny, my favorites were right next to each other:

21. "Yankees" fans - these are the people who aligned themselves with the Yankees when they started winning in the 90s. They buy the camouflage Yankee hats and think that Shawn Chacon is a blend of coffee offered at Starbucks.

22. Jeter fans - a subsection of "Yankees" fans; These people identify the Yankees entirely through Jeter, generally pay little attention to baseball and have actually tried to order a Shawn Chacon at Starbucks.

p1_jeter.jpg

I hate Jeter.

25. Moved ARod - to 3B, despite the fact that he was both the reigning AL MVP and Gold Glove shortstop. Not a very Captain-like move, especially considering that Jeter's strengths - a strong arm and the ability to track pop ups - would make him a good third baseman and thus improve the team.

That tells you everything you need to know about "team player" Jeter. Sure, all he cares about is winning :paranoid:

23. Because ESPN actually had to have a story about what a huge u-m fan Jeter is and that he would be in Ohio State Stadium when they play later this year.

Whatever turd.....nice bandwagon team, always easy to root for a winner Jeter...and what is up with that nasty hair/fade in that top picture. It looks liie it's been fluffed.

I've never had a dislike for Jeter until tonight. That fist pump is annoying. And then there's Fox focusing on him every time something happens. It's like a high school popularity thing "Hey, how is Derek reacting? Let's see what Jeter does!".

I wish I had a clever thing to say, but after that 5 for 5 show he put on us, I just can't say anything. I might be the only one to say it, but that was sick what he did tonight.

I wish I had a clever thing to say, but after that 5 for 5 show he put on us, I just can't say anything. I might be the only one to say it, but that was sick what he did tonight.

Agreed. I sure don't like the guy, but he can sure play baseball. Don't be surprised to see him win the MVP vote.

Agreed. I sure don't like the guy, but he can sure play baseball. Don't be surprised to see him win the MVP vote.

Which would be a damn shame. His stats are not MVP caliber. Nice game for him last night but he is still vastly overrated.

32. Top step dugout Cheerleading - Whenever a Yankee gets a hit, or - God forbid - a home run, cameras will inevitably catch Jeter leaping onto the field like a dugout Whack-a-mole - pumping his fist, naturally.
58. Jeter-looking-thoughtful-in-the-dugout-cam - Fox once spent a solid 30 seconds panning in on a pensive Jeter sitting on the bench while the game was in progress. This wasn't Jeter sharing sage advice with the manager, or having words with a team mate, mind you - he was literally just sitting there. Sadly, they had to go back to the field for the next pitch, but as soon as it was delivered, presto! - right back to Jeter.

Both of these were true last night. Way to much face time for one player.

Does Joe Buck get paid by the "Derrick Jeter" ?? I was physically ill last night.

The man crush of the entire Fox network for Jeter is sickening. I really hope for him to fail in the late innings tonight in a clutch situation tonight just to here the Fox boys dissappointment.

That's ok, I'll hate him twice as much to make up for it.

I'll help you carry any excess hate that you can't handle.