Casimir

Yahoo Fantasy Basketball League?

I see that league signups are available. Not sure who set it up last season for the forum, but I'd like to join again. I'd set it up, but I figured I'd allow whomever set it up last season to do so again this season if they so chose.

I don't know if I'm going to do an NBA fantasy league this year. I do way too many and this is traditionally the boringest one I do. I mean if you get Iverson in the auto draft, you get him and his numbers. It's not like he's going to go through a week with 10 points and 4 assists. And if you have a stud get hurt, you are going to hurt.

To me it seems the fantasy sport you really have the least control over once the draft is over. And if it is an auto draft, then it really comes down to a bunch of luck.

I would like to join, if a league is set up.

I started a hockey league in the wings' forum if anyone is interested.

Are you guys that excited for yet another beat down?

As for what you said DT, I disagree...my roster had about half of the players that I auto-drafted on it. Granted I did have Iverson but there are a lot of moves to be made...you just have to make oir accept a trade offer every now and then make good use of the waiver wire. My final roster had Nocioni, J. O'Neal, and J. Crawford, all of which helped down the stretch a great deal, as well as Abdur-Rahim and Atkins who came in handy with blocks when I needed them. People just need to be more active.

Also whoever the commisioner is needs to make sure teams are inserting line-ups(at least putting active players in starting positions which KP's Kings didn't for much of the year), and if they're not then to go into their team and do so themselves. That was ridiculous last year.

Are you guys that excited for yet another beat down?

As for what you said DT, I disagree...my roster had about half of the players that I auto-drafted on it. Granted I did have Iverson but there are a lot of moves to be made...you just have to make oir accept a trade offer every now and then make good use of the waiver wire. My final roster had Nocioni, J. O'Neal, and J. Crawford, all of which helped down the stretch a great deal, as well as Abdur-Rahim and Atkins who came in handy with blocks when I needed them. People just need to be more active.

Also whoever the commisioner is needs to make sure teams are inserting line-ups(at least putting active players in starting positions which KP's Kings didn't for much of the year), and if they're not then to go into their team and do so themselves. That was ridiculous last year.

I nominate you for commish.

I've never been a commish before...don't really know how to do it...I'd probably go mad with power too. I'd really rather not, but if no one else will do it I will. D-Train's the one I nominate. Who did it last year?

DaBishop,

Players you kept all season

1. Iverson 72GP

2. Kidd, 80 GP

3. Jefferson 78 GP

4. Gasol 80 GP

6. Peterson 82 GP

7. Jackson 81 GP

I'd venture to say the autodraft was very very kind to you. In fact the players you dumped during the season (don't know when you dumped them) were pretty darn good and healthy as well...

5. Ilgauskas; 8. Marshall, 9. Wallace, 10. Williams, 11. Harrington, 12. Sura.

My team...

1. Nowitzki (81 GP great season)

2. Marbury 60GP, declined production at season's end.

3. Francis 70 GP, declined production

4. Gordon 80GP

5. Howard 59 GP

6. Jamison 82 GP

7. Tinsley 42 GP

8. Webber 75 GP

9. Diogu 69 GP

10. Telfair 68 GP

11. Hasslem 81GP

12. Fisher 82GP

Look at those top seven. There's no comparison. You kept half of your roster? Well six of your top seven picks were the ones you kept. You were replacing the next tier talent for equal talent or slightly below talent that may have made sense to enhance a certain stat you needed. Look at my top seven picks via the autodraft. Three missed serious time and two of them clearly had weak ends to the season. And it's not like I don't know what I'm doing. I consider basketball my toughest sport but I STILL took first in another league last year! And I look at my team on a daily basis - probably than anyone here does easily.

Now here's an example of how you can bail yourself out in other sports. I joined an NHL league for the first time last year. I was 32-60-13 and not even a competitive last place seven weeks into the season. I had top draft picks retire and it was seemingly hopeless in a 12-team league. Instead I ended up making 62 MOVES during the season (more than double of any other team) and worked the team to a 164-136-30 record, a second place playoff standing and an eventual title. I think I had three of the players I started with. There is no way you can do that in basketball.

Maybe I'll do it again this year. I have to cut down somewhere though. It got pretty crazy last year. I was in two NBA leagues, one NHL league, two football leagues, one NASCAR and one golf. And at many times quite a few of those leagues were overlapping.

If people want to know why my time here has cut down over the last year, it's because of fantasy sports. If I'm going to do it, I'm going to try to win. There are few as competitive in terms of trying to improve my team as me. I don't mind if I lose, but if I do I'm going to work my hardest to try to not allow that to happen.

My only request is to incorporate your MotownSports name into your team name. It's good to know who's kicking your butt.

League ID: 37860

Password: bing

Draft Type: Live Draft

Draft Time: Sat Oct 21 12:00pm EDT

Max Teams: 12

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Max Moves: 80

Max Trades: No maximum

Trade Reject Time: 2

Trade End Date: March 8, 2007

Waiver Time: 2 days

Can't Cut List Provider: None

Trade Review: Commissioner

Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules

Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow

Start Scoring on: Week 1

Roster Positions: PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN

Stat Categories: FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO

yeah...your autodraft was pretty rotten, but that's luck of the draw...just like any draft. Jefferson was a huge disappointment last year and I had 1 center on my team due to the autodraft so i had to get rid of a great player in trade for an decent player just to have a shot. It's all about making moves. I got lucky that guys like Kidd stayed healthy, you got unlucky in Marbury getting on LB's S-list. That happens to someone every year regardless. I find what you say to be more applicable in football leagues then in the basketball leagues...

Any interest in doing it Roto style rather than head to head so that the problem last year of someone having a far better record losing in the playoffs doesn't happen again?

DaBishop,

There are always options in football leagues. You just have to watch the injury reports and who are on the upswing and stuff like that. And you can manipulate the auto draft easier in football with stuff like forcing it not to pick to kickers, two defenses. And because the positions are so much more specific in fball than in basketball, you can set your autodraft to a certain extent to pick what you want at a position and then just delete all the others at that position so the autodraft doesn't screw you (too much). Basketball you can't do that. And, as you said, it can screw you at a position. In my other league it did the same to me. It gave me one center and he didn't even play at the season's start. That really left me shaking my head.

I will think about it. I may join in. I know if I do though it's going to have me working like mad.

Roto or head to head -

I really like head to head. I;ve lost games with superior teams (bball this year) and won games with teams that were inferior (sixth seed in a bkball league I won). I like the idea of the six-team playoff. That way teams taking 1 or 2 CAN'T do any worse than fourth. That's not too bad - plus they get that extra week to play around with their teams while others are fighting to advance. However, if you have a team that suffers tons of injuries, knowing you can sneak in at six (this is what I did in the other league) and hope you are healthy come playoff time, you still have a shot to win.

Plus it's just a ton of fun going head to head. What's more frustratingly fun than having a ridiculous number of blocked shots but losing the category to the person who had the best total of the year for a week? It's just more of the human element.

I'm in. Good luck to you all in your efforts for 2nd bestest.

LOL. Larry? Is that you?

LOL. Larry? Is that you?

Feel free to call me Legend.

(I'm talking myself into a 11th place finish).