Sign in to follow this  
Ron Burgandy

Erie Rotation ?

Pitching matchups:

Today: Erie RH Nate Bumstead (7-9, 4.06) vs. Connecticut RH Chris Begg (10-10, 3.71)

Saturday: Erie RH Virgil Vasquez (5-10, 4.25) vs. Connecticut RH Garrett Broshuis (5-9, 5.18)

Sunday: Erie RH Eulogio De La Cruz (4-5, 3.47) vs. Connecticut LH Geno Espineli (6-5, 3.91)

Thanks...I'm going to be in the area and might try to make it over to one of the games. I would have been more likely to go if Jurrjens was pitching.

Pitching matchups:

...Sunday: Erie RH Eulogio De La Cruz (4-5, 3.47) vs. Connecticut LH Geno Espineli (6-5, 3.91)

The DeLaCruz starting experiment is interesting.

He's never seemed to put it all together as a reliever, I think control has been a big problem... and Micro doesn't think a whole lot of his chances IIRC; he has a plus fastball and not much else? Or at least no command of any other pitch for it to be a plus pitch?

But... I haven't compiled his stats only as a starter, but it seems to me he's been exceedingly effective as a starter this year. Maybe it's just to use him to fill a rotation hole... but could they be working with Eulogio as a starter to develop a better secondary pitch or two? Better command? Could the Tigers possibly see him converting to starter? Is there a reason he seems to be so much more effective as a starter, at least this year, than he has been as a reliever? (One would thing it'd be the other way around if he was struggling with command/secondary pitches...).

Ya' know... just too many questions for such a simple mind such as mine... :grin:

PS: I know I'm hijacking this thread and making it more of a Front Office one than a general minor league thread.... my interest and thoughts on Eulogio just popped into my head and I couldn't help myself here... as if I ever could... :grin:

Ostensively, he is starting in place of Bobby Jones, who was placed on the DL a bit ago.

I think I remember seeing something on that a couple weeks ago and forgot about it...

It' still interesting to me to see him in the starting rotation for some odd reason...

Another good start by Eulogio... just in case anyone was interested...

8-19-06:

7 inn's, 6 hits, 0 runs, 1 BB, 7 K's. Ground-outs to fly-outs: 13-1.

Another good start by Eulogio... just in case anyone was interested...

8-19-06:

7 inn's, 6 hits, 0 runs, 1 BB, 7 K's. Ground-outs to fly-outs: 13-1.

We called him FRANKIE @ WM and when we saw him @ ST, he still loves to be called FRANKIE! Even Ezell was calling him Frankie...