slicknickshady

My New Tigers Hat!

Allright, since this thread has made me laugh numerous times I thougt I'd contribute a hat. But I'll be damned if I'm going to post a picture of myself. :hurt: I know this isn't exactly in the theme of the thread, but what the heck.

We went on a road trip through the team last year to Chicago for the Cubs series and stayed in the team hotel. Some of the notables on here are Verlander, Zumaya, Bonderman, Pudge, Guillen and Rogers. Rogers signed it the morning he notched his 200th win. Rod and Mario even signed it. The only key contributors that didn't sign it were Polanco, Robertson and Maggs.

IMG_1252.JPG

where'd you get a hat specifically for one series? they made it for this trip? also, what do you mean you went on a roadtrip "through the team"?

Wrigley will make those hats. I have one from when the Royals visited Wrigley in the first year of interleague play.

You didn't even try it on?

A quick try-on doesn't count as wearing, according to my definition. When I say I have worn a hat, I mean for an extended period of time. :cool::silly:

where'd you get a hat specifically for one series? they made it for this trip? also, what do you mean you went on a roadtrip "through the team"?

Every year the Tigers put together a road trip that they offer to fans. Season ticket holders are given first dibs before they put it on sale to the general public. The hat was provided by the Tigers. They did one this year to Cleveland for the series in the first week of June. It includes bus transportation, a room at the official team hotel, tickets to two games and a brunch on one of the days that the team is invited. Last year five players showed up to the brunch (Jones, Grilli, Santiago, Gomez and Miller). Security was very tight at the hotel and only guests could go in/out.

Every year the Tigers put together a road trip that they offer to fans. Season ticket holders are given first dibs before they put it on sale to the general public. The hat was provided by the Tigers. They did one this year to Cleveland for the series in the first week of June. It includes bus transportation, a room at the official team hotel, tickets to two games and a brunch on one of the days that the team is invited. Last year five players showed up to the brunch (Jones, Grilli, Santiago, Gomez and Miller). Security was very tight at the hotel and only guests could go in/out.

awesome, thanks. my friend this year has season tickets but i haven't heard of any road trip planned yetfor this year.

awesome, thanks. my friend this year has season tickets but i haven't heard of any road trip planned yetfor this year.

It already passed (June 1-3). A mailing went out around the beginning of April.

51 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

That is one of the greatest pieces of artwork that has ever been posted here.

Truth. This one was particularly funny at the time too:

FloridaTigersGirl.jpg

46 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Wasn't he originally holding a fish or something?

Yes. And he still is in the newer version.

• Like 1

Dang you morons!  Reeled me right in and made me waste my entire lunch by reading this classic thread all over.  So many of the old popular posters contributed to this thread.  Thanks Biff.

• Like 1

I am so glad that after months of inactivity on this board this thread is on the front page when I return. Classic stuff. 

I wonder if he's seen boobs yet? Has he hit 30????

And I think about FT quite a bit. I hope he's well. 

• Like 2