slicknickshady

(RUMOR) Per the ESPN forums on ESPN radio they said.........

A deal was close to being done for Soriano. Sanchez :cry: and Infante for Soriano.

I'm very doubtful, but that is not a bad deal at all.

OK so we're close to dealing for Soriano and Abreu? One of these has to give. I wouldn't doubt that one of the rumors is being used as leverage.

I really do believe that Sanchez and Infante are worth a 2.5 month boost from Soriano and the two draft picks that result.

That trade just makes no sense for the Tigers, mostly because Soriano is not a good fit in the lineup. Although, he is a very good player, and it can't hurt to add more talent. I would rather trade Miner+Tata than Sanchez (obviously), but if this trade does go through, the Tigers can't afford to let him leave via free agency.

the Tigers can't afford to let him leave via free agency.

Two top Draft picks would likely have as much talent as Sanchez and Infante.

Two top Draft picks would likely have as much talent as Sanchez and Infante.

I don't believe this at all. We'd be lucky if we ended up with a possible top of the rotation pitcher and a solid utility infielder. I don't disagree with you often but I have to here.

I really do believe that Sanchez and Infante are worth a 2.5 month boost from Soriano and the two draft picks that result.

I'm no Soriano fan, and I know you share my feelings. But I agree with you completely.

I have my doubts this is legit, though. This doesn't jibe with the rumors about Bowden's demands. Maybe Bowden thinks he embarassed the Reds so badly he doesn't need as much in return for Soriano.

That trade just makes no sense for the Tigers, mostly because Soriano is not a good fit in the lineup. Although, he is a very good player, and it can't hurt to add more talent. I would rather trade Miner+Tata than Sanchez (obviously), but if this trade does go through, the Tigers can't afford to let him leave via free agency.

The Tigers must let Soriano leave via free agency. If they have any intention of re-signing him, I'm against this deal no matter what the trade cost is.

Maybe we could get Soriano and Abreu! :D :D :D

They might as well hand us the trophy if that happened. Not that it would, because it won't. But, it would be amazing. ESPN forums aren't very trustworthy. Until I see or hear something, I won't believe it.

The Tigers must let Soriano leave via free agency. If they have any intention of re-signing him, I'm against this deal no matter what the trade cost is.

I agree. Soriano can help the Tigers a lot in the short term if he keeps up his career year. I don't want him long term though.

Typical internet rumor..."I heard it on ESPN radio". Maybe somebody on ESPN radio threw it out there as a rumor but if they had anything concrete they'd put it on the website immediately.

I don't think Washington will get much better offers than Bert Sanchez for a two and a half month rent-a-player. That being said, I think Bobby Abreu will be a Tiger if we decide to make a big move. I just think he makes more sense.

For the record, I did hear an interview with Bowden a couple weeks back, and he is fully aware that is going to get two draft picks after the season, so if an offer does not beat the two draft picks, he would thereby turn it down.

Thought I'd I would go over to the message boards and they say Freddy Garcia has been traded also.

For the record, I did hear an interview with Bowden a couple weeks back, and he is fully aware that is going to get two draft picks after the season, so if an offer does not beat the two draft picks, he would thereby turn it down.

Seems like Bowden may have magically acquired some baseball knowledge during the offseason.

Soriano:

VS. LEFT: .330 / 1.067 VS. RIGHT: .262 / .868 HOME: .277 / .982 AWAY: .279 / .862

Abreu:

Quick Splits

VS. LEFT: .323 / .957 VS. RIGHT: .273 / .876 HOME: .289 / .911 AWAY: .290 / .893

(Stats listed are batting average and OPS)

I found this very interesting, even though Abreu is left handed he doesn't hit any better than Soriano v right handers, also Soriano is mashing in the cavernous stadium the nats play in.

I really want Abreu so much more than I want Soriano. He fits so much better with the team's weaknesses. I guess if we win the World Series with Soriano I'll be happy :classic: .

Yep, They said Espn radio said Freddy Garcia to the dodgers for jon braxton.

Stop spreading rumors without a link.

They say they heard it off of espn radio? How am i supposed to post a link to that?

just put the word "rumored" in there somewhere.