Casimir

Al Harrington

Any remote possibility that he could be signed without a sign and trade that would hurt us?

The Pistons have a starting spot that can be taken by an impact big man, what they don't have is the flexibility under the cap to offer more than the mid-level exeption. This is not enough to lure someone of Harrington's caliber. Besides, it looks like they gave that money to Nazr Mohammed. Now they have the vet-minimum to lure an impact bench player. What a joke. I don't believe Joe D. is this foolhardy, so I believe he is being hamstrung by others.

He's not going to accept a back up role.

No, wouldn't have expected him to. Use him at the starting 4, and keep McDyess on the bench to combine with Hunter & Delfino as the regular subs for the starters.

I would much rather have 'Dyce coming off the bench.

Most definitely.

PG: Billups

SG: Hamilton

SF: Prince

PF: Harrington

C: Wallace

Primary bench: Hunter, Delfino, McDyess, Mohammed (sounds like he's signed). Hopefully Flip utilizes the bench a bit more. Billups acknowledged fatigue was a factor in the last few games. I don't know that it was the reason for bowing out against the Heat. Miami played well against the Pistons, and obviously well enough to be the champs. But as far as the Detroit PT goes, the team has logged a lot of minutes when you consider how deeply they've gotten into the playoffs over the last few seasons. Those minutes add up, no doubt.

Probably doubtful that Harrington comes our way now that Mohammed has signed and there seems to be some chatter about Bonzi. I've never been a big fan of Bonzi, but he very well could be a reincarnation of Vinnie Johnson off of the bench for the Pistons. What would really help is a guy like Corliss Williamson (back in the day) to come off of the bench and offer some low post scoring.

Harrington is probably going to get a contract that makes him higher paid than any player on the Pistons. He's not coming here.

1270 AM is reporting a rumor of Joe D trying to work out a sign and trade deal with Al Harrington, details havent been released yet.

1270 AM is reporting a rumor of Joe D trying to work out a sign and trade deal with Al Harrington, details havent been released yet.

Where are the Pistons getting 8-12 million dollars in contracts from?

Where are the Pistons getting 8-12 million dollars in contracts from?

If this is indeed true, say buh-bye to another starter.

If this is indeed true, say buh-bye to another starter.

Yeah, you are probably correct. That doesn't make much sense to me, as all of our starters are better players then Harrington. Unless he just wants to ship Sheed out because of his attitude.

Yeah, you are probably correct. That doesn't make much sense to me, as all of our starters are better players then Harrington. Unless he just wants to ship Sheed out because of his attitude.

I could see this happening for the sole reason that Joe D. may be trying to change the philosophy of this team. Harrington is nowhere near Sheed defensively, but Harrington, numbers wise, matches up pretty favorably. And he is a completely different style forward. He is primarily a low post player but can also shoot the outside shot. He also isn't afraid to drive to the hoop. He can also play both 3 and 4 positions.

Harrington is also 6 years younger than Sheed, so Joe might be looking at 3 or 4 years down the road as opposed to next year.

I don't really know what to think. I like Harrington more than some, but Rasheed brings an intensity that isn't easily replaced.

The only problem is, I don't see Atlanta taking on his contract. They want young guys or expiring deals and I think he has 3 more years left. A third team could be involved.

dale davis, delfino and a draft pick

Salaries wouldn't even come close to matching. Any deal for Harrington would have to include a starter.

I hope this happens. Sheed is done. He only brings it one out of every 10 games, and even then only for 1 quarter. Every year he looks more and more like Cliff Robinson. He'll be taking 8 treys a game next year and we have 3 more years left of that with a contract that's way too high for what he's been bringing.

I would do this. As people have said he brings some interior presence to the offense. Of course we all hoped Sheed would do this but refused to for games at a time. And with Ben gone we need to pick up someone who can't hit free throws. I had Harrington on one of my fantasy teams and if I recall properly he hits about 55 percent from there. So minus two Wallaces - ben at 45% and Sheed at 65% - you get 55%. :classic:

I would be willing to make the trade. If the Pistons struggle at all next year I could see Sheed really pitching tent. This team clearly needs someone to do the post work on the offensive side of the ball and with Flip here the defensive loss is minimal.

That's not bad at all. I thought it was lower than that. That's what happens when you go by memory recall sometimes.

Mohammad and Harrington as our starting front line? We'll get demolished on a nightly basis in the paint. We really need to keep Rasheed for at least some semblance of low post d.

OK...please tell me again that we can't get KG

What could we offer that Minnesota would want and that the salaries would match up?

We don't have any good young players. All our good players are old and expensive. We don't have any expiring contracts either.

If I'm the Pistons, I want someone who can slash to the basket and draw fouls. I want to be model my team on the Mavericks and Suns. That's the future.