cruzer1

Ben Wallace to the Bulls -- 4 years, $52 million

http://espn.go.com/

Source: Big Ben Heading To Bulls

The biggest free-agent prize of the NBA offseason appears to be off the market. Ben Wallace has informed the Pistons he will sign with the Bulls, Insider Chad Ford reports. The deal is believed to be $52M for four years.

I never thought I'd see the day. Ben got me excited about the Pistons for the first time about 5 years ago. I was never a fan before then, I'm sad to see him go. As much as I hear, "he's aging, and he has no offensive skills," I can not help but feel bad after hearing this. :cry: Between this and Stevie, this is truly a sad day for Detroit Sports fans.

****ing ****. Uhhhh...I'm not a huge fan of his, but it still is just shocking to see him with another team officially. Wow. Big freaking wow.

Any chance of a sign and trade? If he leaves Detroit without giving them any compensation then thats a pretty classless move.

Sign and trades are only for teams over the cap. Chicago was under so they didn't have to do one.

Sign and trades are only for teams over the cap. Chicago was under so they didn't have to do one.

Yea but sometimes it still happens. I'm pretty sure it happened when Kenyon Martin went to the Devner Nuggets. The Nets got some draft picks from Nuggets even though they were under the cap.

Yeah, a bad day for Detroit sports. Stevie and Ben were the faces of their respective franchises and now they're both gone. Are next year's schedules out yet? I have a feeling that Ben is going to get booed out of the stadium. As much as he's done for us, I don't know if I would. Sad, sad day....

This makes me mad because it's not much more than we offered him.

I would have been understanding if the Bulls were giving him a ton of years and cash, but this just seems like turning on the city and team that not only gave him a chance but made him a star.

Ben didnt like Flip. I think that is apparent. Scott Skiles is much more in tune with what Ben offers.

I think Ben is going to get ripped pretty hard for this. Grant Hill got an ovation I don't think this will be the same case. Ben just got offered 1 mil/yr more than what the Pistons offered.

See you later Ben don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I dont know what kind of contigency plan they can have other than starting from scratch. Theres nobody in the league that can replace Ben defensively and there isnt a center available that can score. Ben just put the exclamation point on perhaps the most disappointing season in the history of Detroit sports.

That was one giant FU Ben just shouted at Flip.

I think in the long run the Pistons will be giving the FU to Ben. I don't think the Pistons are some awful team now.

I think in the long run the Pistons will be giving the FU to Ben. I don't think the Pistons are some awful team now.

Maybe, if they get something in return. If he just walks, forget it. They will have to use their MLE on a center and will still have huge bench problems. So now you have a lesser starting five and the same bench. Not a good picture.

Maybe, if they get something in return. If he just walks, forget it. They will have to use their MLE on a center and will still have huge bench problems. So now you have a lesser starting five and the same bench. Not a good picture.

Even if they get nothing sign Bonzi Wells, sign Nazr Mohammed.

Starting 5

C Wallace

PF McDyess

SF Prince

SG Hamilton

PG Billups

Bench

Wells

Mohammed

Davis

Acker

Delfino

I think this may hurt the Pistons more in the area of obtaining another PG to backup Billups. I wasn't impressed by Ben at all this year and I think they won more games with the other 4 than with Ben.

Even if they get nothing sign Bonzi Wells, sign Nazr Mohammed.

Starting 5

C Wallace

PF McDyess

SF Prince

SG Hamilton

PG Billups

Bench

Wells

Mohammed

Davis

Acker

Delfino

I think this may hurt the Pistons more in the area of obtaining another PG to backup Billups. I wasn't impressed by Ben at all this year and I think they won more games with the other 4 than with Ben.

You better pick either Bonzi or Mohammed, you can't get both. All the Pistons have is the $5 million MLE and the $1.5 Million veterans exemption.

Hmmm....wonder what the contingency plan is???

None they are hosed, don't have to worry about Billups now, time to rebuild and move on with all of Dumars wonderful draft picks sitting on the bench.

You better pick either Bonzi or Mohammed, you can't get both. All the Pistons have is the $5 million MLE and the $1.5 Million veterans exemption.

We are still over the cap without Bens salary?

We are still over the cap without Bens salary?

Depends where the cap falls. They might have a few million to play with, but nothing that will bring in a good player. Plus, no good players are really available via free agency this year.

Yea they are worse then an awful team, they are a capped out pretender now. Probably 4th or 5th in their division now, depending on how Indiana comes out. I see Chicago/Cleveland passing them for sure, Milwaukee is probably better, Indiana took the Peja hit so the Pistons may be competitive with them, but that's about it. I wouldn't be shocked if the Pistons were in the lottery next year, this is a crushing blow if it's true.

Bonzi and Latrell?