DET Mr Malefic

Our Tiger All-Stars

I think Iguchi replaces Cano and a Tiger outfielder replaces Rios.

Lopez (Sea) replaces Cano, Gary Matthews Jr. (decent choice) replaces Rios.

It's ok that only 2 Tigers are going, they can use it as motivation on the disrespect thing like the Pistons did in thier run to the title!

Always there to stick up for the other team. Even if Liriano only has half as many starts as Justin.

Yet he has more K's than Verlander, a better win/loss % if that means anything and a lot lower ERA. Half as many starts is very misleading because Verlander only has 19 more IP than Liriano. Look at the numbers.

...and I agree with him!

But it isn't as one-sided as he'd like you to believe. Liriano only has 9 starts. Nothing against him but I think a case can be made for either guy.

It's ok that only 2 Tigers are going, they can use it as motivation on the disrespect thing like the Pistons did in thier run to the title!

It's an ALL STAR GAME... if you need to be motivated by not being voted for in a tilted popularity contest, then you have your priorities out of whack.

That would be part of it, too.

Yet he has more K's than Verlander, a better win/loss % if that means anything

It doesn't.

I will give you the small difference in innings though.

They honestly advocated Craig Biggio over Dan Uggla? Idiots...

They just thought Garner should have rewarded him for everything he has done for Houston.

Verlander has pitched against tougher competition. Verlanders record against the teams liriano has faced is 10-1 with a 1.40 ERA.

Except he hasn't faced the Tigers.:grin: Nice work.

I have allready voted 8 times for verlander. I wish i did not have to keep putting in Email Address, Birthdate, and Zip every time. It takes forever.

guillen snubs the tigers for his own guys... i hope that serves as motivation for the tigers.

if not for yankee and red sox fans rigging the vote and the stupid "every team gets a player" rule, we wouldnt have to worry about deserving tigers getting snubbed. it would be verlander or even curt schilling instead of mark freaking redmond.

which brings me to my next point, any attempt to vote in verlander for the last spot will be in vain because red sox fans will be voting thousands of times each for schilling.

Why give him that much?

Didn't really feel like arguing I guess.

I voted for Hafner, he'd help the AL win with one at-bat. Thus allowing the Tigers to have home field advantage in the World Series.:classic:

I'm glad Uggla got in, he's been great this year, in addition to having one of the best last names in all of sports. It's also nice to see Holliday, Sanchez, and McCann get the nod as well. Also nice to see that Garner is willing to recognize the outstanding years that players from around the league have been having rather than just focusing on what HIS players have done. Ozzie and Francona could take note of that b/c it's a classy thing to do.

guillen snubs the tigers for his own guys... i hope that serves as motivation for the tigers.

if not for yankee and red sox fans rigging the vote and the stupid "every team gets a player" rule, we wouldnt have to worry about deserving tigers getting snubbed. it would be verlander or even curt schilling instead of mark freaking redmond.

which brings me to my next point, any attempt to vote in verlander for the last spot will be in vain because red sox fans will be voting thousands of times each for schilling.

Schilling isn't on the ballot.

As much as it pains me to not support another Tiger for the all-star team, I won't be voting for Verlander. He is going to pitch so many innings this year and needs that rest.

So you think Verlander has been better than Liriano?

Better? No. The numbers don't lie.

More deserving of being on the All-Star team? Possibly. It's hard to chose which one.

It's an ALL STAR GAME... if you need to be motivated by not being voted for in a tilted popularity contest, then you have your priorities out of whack.

Thats how the Pistons took it...and everyone was up in arms when they didnt get selected......

Verlander should be in over Liriano because he has done it all year long, and he's done it for the best team in baseball.

Ordonez should be in over Gary Matthews Jr. (or even Granderson).

Zumaya, Bonderman, Robertson, Rodney, and hell, even Grilli belong in there over Mark Redman. That is a joke...

Will Cano still be on the DL by the all-star game? If he is do you think Guillen or Iguchi will be in there as a replacement?