DET Mr Malefic

Our Tiger All-Stars

I'm cool with 5 White Sox and just 2 Tigers because Guillen is the manager and its his prerogative to give the nod to his guys.

But 5 Blue Jays? Come on.

I understand the Halladay, Rios, and Wells picks. I dont understand Glaus and Ryan getting picked. They should have had 3 picks, Maggs should have been the tigers 3rd selection.

I'm just glad pudge got the start, because if he did not the tigers would have only got 1 selection.

I hope Buerhle has to throw about 75 pitches, the White Sux visit the Tigers shortly after the AS break, don't they?

Mark Redman??????????????????????????????????????

and according to http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/events/all_star/y2006/roster_league.jsp

Pudge is only 23! Looks like we dont have to worry about replacing him anytime soon....

also, Bobby f-ing Jenks? The other 3 closers clearly deserve it, but Jenks isn't in the same class as Papelbon, Ryan and Rivera.

Cano should be out, Redman should be out and those two should be replaced with Grudzielanek and Verlander or Robertson

Redman had to get picked. He's the only royals selection.

Verlander is one of the five choices for the last spot, which fans vote for through Thursday at 6 p.m.

AL:

Hafner

Liriano

Verlander

Hernandez

Pierzynski

NL:

Abreu

Capuano

Garciaparra

Wagner

Young

I'm interested to see how the fans vote in the AL. None of those guys are sponsored by ESPN, so I wonder who the fans will vote for?

Mark Redman??????????????????????????????????????

and according to http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/events/all_star/y2006/roster_league.jsp

Pudge is only 23! Looks like we dont have to worry about replacing him anytime soon....

also, Bobby f-ing Jenks? The other 3 closers clearly deserve it, but Jenks isn't in the same class as Papelbon, Ryan and Rivera.

Cano should be out, Redman should be out and those two should be replaced with Grudzielanek and Verlander or Robertson

Cano is out, replaced by Lopez of Seattle.

Harold Reynolds; Tigers were not rewarded, nor were the As -- hard to disagree.

Justin Verlander should have been an ALL-STAR, period.

Oakland really got the shaft as well... I can't disagree with Harold Reynolds on that.

Actually, Harold seems like the only one with one iota of common sense of all them tonight, which is extremely surprising.

I can't believe Ravech just advocated Randy Johnson making the team. How does this guy get compensated for discussing baseball?

I do not want Verlander to go. He probably deserves it, but he's getting up there in innings as it. He could use the rest.

I'm interested to see how the fans vote in the AL. None of those guys are sponsored by ESPN, so I wonder who the fans will vote for?

Obviously Hafner.

I now know what it felt like to be a non-tiger fan the years Robert Fick and other tigers that were not worthy at the time, who had to be .. cause we had to have a rep, were selected over guys who really deserved it.

That said, that's not the fault of those few Tigers who should have made the team this year.

Verlander should have made the team over Rogers easily, but thats just me.

I can't believe Ravech just advocated Randy Johnson making the team. How does this guy get compensated for discussing baseball?

I do not want Verlander to go. He probably deserves it, but he's getting up there in innings as it. He could use the rest.

What a joke... unbelieveabe.

I also like the idea of Leyland using the All-Star game to give Verlander an extended rest.

Everybody vote hard for Verlander.

NO!

Verlander should have made the team over Rogers easily, but thats just me.

I agree as well, but -- hey, it's over now.

Now Verlander/Bonderman/Robertson, etc... will all get some serious R&R!

I agree as well, but -- hey, it's over now.

Now Verlander/Bonderman/Robertson, etc... will all get some serious R&R!

While Buerhle/Contreras throw meaningless innings. Buehrle might be injured. He looked horrible today.

Everybody vote hard for Verlander.

I will. He probably won't even get in the game and if he does it won't be for very long. It would be a good experience for him.

Let's put it this way if Liriano didn't make the All Star team Verlander wasn't going to make it.

Always there to stick up for the other team. Even if Liriano only has half as many starts as Justin.

The results were leaked by MLB posting player jersey options as per the thread below. Rogers is our only all-star.

Nope heard it on the Radio Pudge was voted in by the fans to start. I guess the last minute voting blitz did work. I kept hearing he was 38-45,000 behind.:cool:

YES, Verlander Deserves it. He will pitch 1 inning at the most. Vote for Verlander. He deserves it.

Nah, it's more than just the one inning, it's the grind of getting there, etc...

LET HIM REST!

Haha...I didn't see that...what did he say?

Always there to stick up for the other team.

...and I agree with him!

I think Verlander and Liriano both should have made it, but -- hey, what do I know?

I think Iguchi replaces Cano and a Tiger outfielder replaces Rios.

I would rather have Dombrowski not worrying about his arms getting hurt, and more so, of how he can acquire Bobby Abreu.