gt

Jair Jurrjens

Jurrjens is listed on the Erie Seawolves roster.

Jon Connolly replaces him in Lakeland...

Good to know that Bobby Jones is still taking up a spot in the rotation, so it shouldn't be hard to clear room for Sleeth when he gets up to strength.

AWESOME for Jair !!!!!

Fantastic news and CONGRATULATIONS to him, YES, well deserved. DD and Co. were at his latest outing, they pulled the trigger after the game !1

Is Jair going to gain mph on his fastball, or is he maxed out right now?

What comparison of a player would he receive with his stuff? I'm curious.

Great news though. I'm excited for him.

Since he is so young there is a decent chance he will add MPH as he matures and develops.

He should add some velocity as he matures. He's very good....................NOT sure who he would compare to. I saw him pitch his last spring training game vs. Verlander vs. the High A team and he's not comparable to Verlander. He's comparable to JJ only !!

GREAT promotion, GREAT for him !

And the "Business" side of baseball WILL DRIVE YOU CRAZY !!!!

Why not just be happy for young men that are getting closer to their dream?

Seems rather selfish to want to keep them in one place all season if they are ready to be challenged at a new level that is closer to playing in the majors.

Good baseball decisions that help strengthen the organization and give us a better chance (however slightly) at a championship someday don't drive me crazy.

And if it's rewarding a guy with a call up who has richly deserved it, then everybody's a winner.

Boy, I bet the kid is disheartened at not being a Minor League All Star.

"Hey Kid, would you rather be one step closer to your dream, or be a minor league All Star?"

"Oh gee skip, I would really like to play in that all star game, I guess my dream can wait..."

I don't know, one more start with the team you've been on and an All-Star appearance in exchange for one less start at the next level. I could see how somebody would consider delaying the move that long.

And I don't care about the business side of baseball in the minor leagues because I'm not attached to the teams. I can see how the guys who go to the games could feel a bit cheated by doing the move now.

Is Jose Lima in his prime a good comparison for Jair Jurrjens? Tim Hudsen might be a decent comparison as well.

Good news, bad timing for Lakeland with 5 games left in the 1st half; All-Star not to be.

Hey Roger, take good care of our former Whitecap, Jon Connolly for us will you? Hi to him for me.

If he was left-handed, Connolly would have been in the major leagues by now.

Um....he is left-handed....

Scratch that, oops.:nervous: He has a wonderful changeup. Good signing.