Zakk_Wylde

Other MLB Fan Sites

http://www.brewcrewball.com

That site is amazing. They have a minor league splits database. For every minor league team. Unbelievable.

Plus it's on the SB Nation (which is also home to Bleed Cubbie Blue, and Bless You Boys).

Dodger Blues is funny, but I wouldn't wander into their forums. A lot of stupidity and childish trash talking btwn Dodgers and Giants fans.

MODS - Is this thread useful enough to warrant a sticky?
How about adding these links to our MLB Fan Site links page first?

Here's the link: http://www.motownsports.com/modules.php?name=Links&file=viewcategory&cid=22

This is a good canidate for a sticky, but we already have a place on the site for this type of information. We're starting to get a few too many stickys.

This thread is awesome!

MWG - I wasn't aware of the Fan Site link page... I'll have to check it out.

Here's the link: http://www.motownsports.com/modules.php?name=Links&file=viewcategory&cid=22

This is a good canidate for a sticky, but we already have a place on the site for this type of information. We're starting to get a few too many stickys.

I suppose that this is true. Re-adding all these links somewhere else would be a bit of a tedius task. If any of you guys feel ambitious, maybe you could start adding these links to that section? I'd do it but I probably won't have time for a few days, and by then this thread might be burried hehe.

If a mod can go in and clean out all the older articles with no links I will gladly get everything in there with an active link. If I did it right now though, it would be an absolute mess.

Zakk, this was a real public service for the site. Thank you!

No problem man. Compiling these links really wasn't a whole lot of work personally, as I didn't really search for most of these sites, I received most of them from posts from you guys in this thread, or from that post on the Marlins board which had a pretty comprehensive list (although we have more listed now ... and without the typos :) ).

You have been banned for the following reason:

Trolling

Date the ban will be lifted: 06-16-2006, 01:00 PM

:dead: Doh. I don't think I did anything that could be considered trolling. I even complimented their forums. Ah well, the beauty of the internet.

Actually from going through a few sites the Whitesox,Reds, and Brewers sites seemed to be the most intelligent. I found it funny when a Devil Ray fan said "we'll they are the Tigers after all, so they will fall".

Someone please inform these people that they are THE DEVIL RAYS AFTER ALL. Lol. Yikes talk about a walking contradiction. What makes it worse is their Heat fans, probably the biggest bandwagon fans known to man.

I've pointed out a few times on this board, and given statistics to back it up, when the Tigers fans say the same *exact* things about the Devil Rays. Even though the D-Rays have a better record then the Tigers over the period of their existance. The Tigers have been the standard for poor baseball teams for the last decade, in other markets when they are talking the dregs of baseball it has been the Tigers, not the D-Rays or the Royals.

:dead: Doh. I don't think I did anything that could be considered trolling. I even complimented their forums. Ah well, the beauty of the internet.

I sent a message to the moderator who banned FT from Whitesox Interactive basically telling him how I didn't think he did anything wrong and he responded by saying that you can't root for another team on that website, period...he told me to go find a Tigers web forum...Bush League indeed...any respect I had for that forum is gone.

Heh...Go find a Tigers web forum. We don't need to find it, we're already here baby. And may I add, one of the best damn ran forums on baseball.

I might be getting the same treatment. I'm going out of my way to not be banned. But if they do it then so be it. They put up a warning to "Kitten" fans to only talk about the Tigers in purely objective terms. Fair enough, it's their bandwidth.

Talk whatever you want. From what I saw prior to my banning, we were all respectable. We never flamed or actually insulted the Sox. If they wanna be all so "tough" on us, so be it. We don't lose anything by being banned.

I might be getting the same treatment. I'm going out of my way to not be banned. But if they do it then so be it. They put up a warning to "Kitten" fans to only talk about the Tigers in purely objective terms. Fair enough, it's their bandwidth.

Same here... they'll probably ban me for my screenname...

You have been banned for the following reason:

Tiger Troll?

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

What the hell did I do? I only posted about 3 or 4 times and not once did I say anything bad. I guess you just aren't allowed to be a fan of another team at all or something.

I encourage you all to not take part in their community.

What the hell did I do? I only posted about 3 or 4 times and not once did I say anything bad. I guess you just aren't allowed to be a fan of another team at all or something.

I encourage you all to not take part in their community.

They are incredibly pompous and thin skinned over there. They have no patience for fans of a rival team no matter how objective they are. They seemed to be tolerant for awhile, I have posted on their since April under the handle of 'Tigerclaw', but since the Sox have fallen into a rough spell, they have seemingly taken out their frustrations on anyone associated with the Tigers on there. Any forum that doesn't allow respectful opinions from other viewpoints isn't a good one in my opinion. At the top of their webpages they have the slogan "totally biased" and while it is their right to keep an environment like that, it is their loss if they are not going to be objective enough to keep respectful posters around from rival teams.

These links as well as many others have been added to the MLB Fan Sites link section within this website. Please check out this section, try some of the links, and give the sites a vote.

The link to this section of MotownSports.com can be found here: http://www.motownsports.com/modules.php?name=Links&file=viewcategory&cid=22

FYI... When viewing these link articles, to visit the site listed look for the subscribe.gifVisit Link option listed in the "Extras" section.

Sox fan input on Sox sites...

WSI (www.whitesoxinteractive.com) and Sox Talk (www.soxtalk.com/forums) are the 2 big kids on the block. I post in both, but much prefer Sox Talk. The conversations are generally (but not always) more intelligent, and the posters are more knowledgeable. WSI is a little more homer, and little less knowledgeable, but probably more mainstream.

For the record, I know Sox Talk has a number of Tiger fans posting with some regularity, along with a few other teams' fans (mostly other ALC teams, but others as well). They will allow that, though I think the "line" may be a little tighter for them than other fans, which i suspect is true here too. WSI, I am not sure if there are any Tiger fans posting.

There is also a 3rd site, www.southsidesox.com, which gets a fair amount of traffic. I don't post there, and wasn't overly impressed.

So in short, if what you are looking for is to make fun of the silly fans, then WSI has the market. If you want more informed (though admitedly sometimes more obnoxious) discussion, go with Sox Talk.

WSI, I am not sure if there are any Tiger fans posting.

I think WSI is the site that you get banned pretty quickly from if you do anything that could be construed as rooting for an opposing team.

-Tony

I actually like SoxTalk.com better than WSI.

People are much nicer and friendlier. They just talk baseball while WSI, it's about hating everyone and you got a 125-year old female poster who acts like a 12 year old over there. You got a guy who got banned in Hangar just because he is obessed with the Cubs and how Chicago newspapers cover his baseball team. I think it's sad when a female poster acts like a fool over there yet so beloved while Hangar gets banned. That's all you need to know at WSI. People are so paranoid over at that board.

Soxtalk.com is the place to go. At least, they respect other teams and just talk baseball instead of acting like they have inferority complex. You would think winning a WS championship would end bitterness, but there are way too many MarySwiss like characters out there.

Actually from going through a few sites the Whitesox,Reds, and Brewers sites seemed to be the most intelligent. I found it funny when a Devil Ray fan said "we'll they are the Tigers after all, so they will fall".

Someone please inform these people that they are THE DEVIL RAYS AFTER ALL. Lol. Yikes talk about a walking contradiction. What makes it worse is their Heat fans, probably the biggest bandwagon fans known to man.

Midwest baseball fans generally are more intelligent. I've been all around the country visiting ballparks, talking to fans...there's no doubt that the heart of baseball beats in the midwest.