grendel

Trade Possibilities

The more I watch this season unfold, the more I almost want to not necessarily stand pat, but I don't think I'd do anything dramatic. If there was a great deal sitting there to get Crawford or someone, obviously I'd do it though. But I don't want to give away some of our young arms right now. I guess I just like the direction this team is going. Both our bullpen and lineup have holes right now, but I don't really necessarily know if they are so glaring that we can't just deal with them for the rest of the year.

Just so I can get a bearing on things, if Carl Crawford and Miguel Cabrera could be had for the same package, which would the majority on this board prefer?

Just so I can get a bearing on things, if Carl Crawford and Miguel Cabrera could be had for the same package, which would the majority on this board prefer?

Although I love Cabrera, I'll take Crawford: speed, lefty

I want the Tigers to pick up Huff and Howry for minor league guys (not Sanchez/Maybin).

Cabrera of course, but I'm sure Crawford would come much che...oh wait it's the D-Rays. :dead:

For a guy who is blind to the Lions' suckitude, you sure like to throw that sucks term around to guys who don't deserve it...

That's a stupid post.

Cabrera without a doubt.

if Carl Crawford and Miguel Cabrera could be had for the same package, which would the majority on this board prefer?

I'm not an idiot, so I will take the obvious answer: Miguel Cabrera :classic:

For the Tigers I'd take Crawford just cause of need. IMO Cabrera is the better player, but Crawford's speed and ability to play in LF makes him the better choice for Detroit.

For the Tigers I'd take Crawford just cause of need. IMO Cabrera is the better player, but Crawford's speed and ability to play in LF makes him the better choice for Detroit.

The Tigers don't have a need for an MVP caliber bat at 3B that is only 23?

Maddening. Like Oakland is just going to give us Chavez for a couple of low-level prospects.

I want Huff in Detroit. Yesterday. :rambo:

Huff is clearly getting very hot. Over his last 10 starts (last 11 TB games):

16-39, 4 2b, 1 Hr, 4 BBs

BA: .410

OBP: .465

SLG: .590

OPS: 1.350

Yikes! Makes me wish that we had made a move on him earlier when his trade value was zero.

The Tigers don't have a need for an MVP caliber bat at 3B that is only 23?

I think Inge would do just as well in LF as Crawford and Cabrera would do almost as well there himself.

All 3 guys would be a vast improvement over Craig Monroe (and Thames defensively)

Do I get 3 guesses?

!!!!!!???!!!!!????!!!!!!

I can't believe I'm reading this.

SEASON AB H 2B 3B HR BB AVG OBP SLG OPS
2003 314 84 21 3 12 25 0.268 0.325 0.468 0.793
2004 603 177 31 1 33 68 0.294 0.366 0.512 0.878
2005 613 198 43 2 33 64 0.323 0.385 0.561 0.946
2006 253 85 23 1 10 41 0.336 0.433 0.553 0.986
Total 1783 544 118 7 88 198 0.305 0.376 0.527 0.903

SEASON AB H 2B 3B HR BB AVG OBP SLG OPS
2002 259 67 11 6 2 9 0.259 0.29 0.371 0.661
2003 630 177 18 9 5 26 0.281 0.309 0.362 0.671
2004 626 185 26 19 11 35 0.296 0.331 0.45 0.781
2005 644 194 33 15 15 27 0.301 0.331 0.469 0.8
2006 269 84 9 4 10 17 0.312 0.354 0.487 0.841
Total 2428 707 97 53 43 114 0.291 0.324 0.428 0.752

The first player is one year younger: WHICH PLAYER DO YOU TAKE?

HINT: it's not the one with the career .752 OPS, it's the one with the career .903 OPS. Honest!

Ummm...no. Sorry, but...no.

I got it!...Both!

I like it! Lets make it happen. Oh, we need to keep Verlander, Bonderman, Zumaya, Ganderson, and Pudge though....

The fact that you have to ask this question (and the answers you've received) are truly scary.

I think Inge would do just as well in LF as Crawford and Cabrera would do almost as well there himself.

All 3 guys would be a vast improvement over Craig Monroe (and Thames defensively)

Cabrera has played left regularly. He'd be more than adequate.

The fact that you have to ask this question (and the answers you've received) are truly scary.

It was a pretentious question. I get quite sick of that around here, and of the smug attitudes of some on this board.

It was a pretentious question. I get quite sick of that around here, and of the smug attitudes of some on this board.

What was smug? You seem to find subtext where none exists.

It was? Honestly, I think he just wanted to know where we all through Crawford stood against the elite of young MLB hitters. He clearly has his answer.

I also thought it was a valid question, although the premise of the two having the same price is probably flawed. Sure I'd take Cabrera, but Crawford could fill the Tigers' needs for more speed at the top of the order. Cabrera would be a major upgrade at the #3 spot in the lineup.

But I think most would agree with me that Cabrera's trade price would be MUCH higher than Crawford's.

I also thought it was a valid question, although the premise of the two having the same price is probably flawed. Sure I'd take Cabrera, but Crawford could fill the Tigers' needs for more speed at the top of the order. Cabrera would be a major upgrade at the #3 spot in the lineup.

But I think most would agree with me that Cabrera's trade price would be MUCH higher than Crawford's.

i agree with you that crawford would fill the speed but i would take cabrera over crawford if both could be had for the same package