The King

Wow, Pistons Did It

King added some life to this MB that none of us have been able to accomplish in at least a year.

I can't believe everyone got so upset with his comments. I thought they were pretty funny. I think his comments made some people here get on the board to attack back and since they were here why not post about the games?!? I'm certain it had that impact.

We obviously disagree then. There are a couple of ways to go about posting on an opposing team forum. One is to jump in unannounced and talk trash, like King. Another way is to be respectful of the people who are regulars of the board, like this. I know which guy I have respect for and which guy I don't.

I'll add my two cents as this is the same thing I have to deal with from my buddies in Miami.

There's a difference between Smack Talk and Gloating. Smack talk starts from the beginning and goes on til the very end. Gloating starts when there's something to kick someone when they're down. It's sad and pathetic and honestly, I don't understand how some of you are cool with that. Where was he before game 1? Where was he at game 2 and even game 3? Actually, he didn't show up til Game 5...That's the signs of a no-class jerk. He showed himself not to be a complete punk by coming back and giving props and taking his beating but by no means is anyone who doesn't like his behavior in the wrong for giving him $h1t. He came in here to gloat, not talk basketball, not smack talk...that doesnt' deserve any respect.

DT, as for him bringing "excitement" to the board...he brought the same kind of excitement that The Sports Authority brought. I can do without that, thanks.

Rob Parker reported that Lebrons shoe deal doubles in value if he playes in NY, LA, or Chicago. It's Rob Parker, so who knows if it is true, but it makes sense.

I have heard this from numerous sources not named Rob Parker, so I do believe it is true.

Lebron has been wearing that NY hat ever since he has been in the leauge, i have seen him on many occasions wearing it. But I do still think he will leave Cleveland though.

People here personally attacked him more than he did anyone. Actually he never personally attacked anyone that I saw of. So he had a little fun at our team's expense. What's the big deal. Did it take years off your life? Rather it gave everyone a chance to rip right back into him and usually more personally than he did us. He didn't "talk" basketball. I 100 percent agree with that. However, it was totally 100 percent harmless. He plugged his team and said his team was going to beat us. I have people that sit next to me in arenas that are much worse than the King was. Heck, I've been worse than the King with opposing fans and then by game's end we are talking about our teams having fun. Maybe that's why I had no problems with him.

If people didn't like him it would've been this easy to get rid of him - IGNORE HIM. But all the people that gripe about trolls are the exact people that feed the "troll" and in a way become "trolls" on their own board. Fighting back doesn't end it - leaving him alone does. King NEVER did anything worth merit to be banned or even be reprimanded with a PM. That wasn't the case for the people siding with the Pistons.

The fact that some people are discussing civilly with the guy proves that he certainly didn't rub off the wrong way on everyone.

Two years ago I went to a CMU basketball game at WMU. I was louder than anyone in the arena and everyone (and I mean litterally everyone) knew I was there. But by the time when they did the "The loudest fan gets Domino's Pizza" the entire section pointed to me (well a good portion of it). But by the second half I was talking with the fans about our teams as well. We all had a good time.

The same thing happened a few years ago when I went to a Detroit game against the Cavs when they were really really bad and pretty much the same thing happened.

I went to a Pistons game in Milwaukee (playoffs) a few years ago. I made it obvious I was a Pistons fan and got into it with a few fans behind us. But we had fun with it and had a good time as well. When we were trailing by double-digits at one time in the game, the guy next to me actually said "don't worry there's still plenty of time left" for encouragement.

I have a few others as well. But I've never had even a close situation of true animosity face-to-face. I am not Mr. HeMan if things did go bad. So I guess I just have a different perspective of this stuff than most. He's been me, just having fun. And in the end, he admitted defeat. What really was harmed?

People here personally attacked him more than he did anyone. Actually he never personally attacked anyone that I saw of. So he had a little fun at our team's expense. What's the big deal. Did it take years off your life? Rather it gave everyone a chance to rip right back into him and usually more personally than he did us. He didn't "talk" basketball. I 100 percent agree with that. However, it was totally 100 percent harmless. He plugged his team and said his team was going to beat us. I have people that sit next to me in arenas that are much worse than the King was. Heck, I've been worse than the King with opposing fans and then by game's end we are talking about our teams having fun. Maybe that's why I had no problems with him.

If people didn't like him it would've been this easy to get rid of him - IGNORE HIM. But all the people that gripe about trolls are the exact people that feed the "troll" and in a way become "trolls" on their own board. Fighting back doesn't end it - leaving him alone does. King NEVER did anything worth merit to be banned or even be reprimanded with a PM. That wasn't the case for the people siding with the Pistons.

Dave,

I respect you not only as a moderator of this site but also as one of the more informed Pistons posters.

I can't recall any of your posts in the past 4 years that I disagree with more than this one.

Holygoat hit the nail on the head with his post.

He, or anyone else, would be an idiot to willingly play for New York.

By the time Isiah, and Larry are our of NY, Lebron will be a Free Agent. I wouldn't be surprised to see him as a Knick to be honest.

I just went through all his posts and read them. Again, couldn't find anything that personally attacked a single poster. I glanced through them in about 20 minutes so it's possible I missed one. But the closest comment I saw was this...

"just know that you overrated fans can't handle the truth to the point where you have to make threats. LMAO at you all and I love it!"

That was the ONLY one that came close. This will be my last public post about The King. If someone has additional comments or a post that they questioned, please PM me.

Just because he didn't "personally attack" posters, doesn't mean he wasn't being a complete troll.

Of course now that the Cavs lost he's being a good loser, but I bet if they won we'd be reading "LOL TOLD YOU PISTONS SUCK LEBRON IS GOD!!! YOU GUYS WILL NEVER WIN AGAIN HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA" or something.

Anyways, I don't think he should be banned or anything, but I don't see how anyone can deny that he came here to troll.

So who else is real worried about Miami now?

I never thought I'd see the PIstons play so lethargically and poorly as I did against the Cavs. LeBron is a great player and will probably be the greatest player ever, but the Pistons almost lost that series because they played like they didn't care and they couldn't score.

If they play like that against Miami, they're going to get killed.

So who else is real worried about Miami now?

I never thought I'd see the PIstons play so lethargically and poorly as I did against the Cavs. LeBron is a great player and will probably be the greatest player ever, but the Pistons almost lost that series because they played like they didn't care and they couldn't score.

If they play like that against Miami, they're going to get killed.

I am. I wasnt so high on the win yesterday. I am afraid it might have just delayed the inevitable. Detroit has the talent to beat Miami pretty easily, but they must play a lot better.

I am. I wasnt so high on the win yesterday. I am afraid it might have just delayed the inevitable. Detroit has the talent to beat Miami pretty easily, but they must play a lot better.

I've never seen them play so poorly for such a long stretch. Their offense under Larry Brown was much more prolific.

Although switching defenses into one in which they trapped Lebron at every opportunity was a good move. Got to give Flip credit for that.

As for the offense, it looked stale. Everyone standing around and watching.

I'm not worried about the Heat. As long as they have Antoinne Walker and his manboobs, the Pistons will be a'ight.

Dave, I really don't get your point here unless you're simply saying he shouldn't have been banned which I agree with. But I don't think so. You really sound as if your saying his input on here was a positive thing. Your defense of that seems to be, "well, he didn't insult anyone so it could have been worse". Well, if that's all your looking for, um, sure I guess. But I happen to think finding some guy in the gutter and kicking him is just as bad as insulting them.

They are playing fine with the exception of Billups. I just don't see how a team like the Cavs takes away almost everything from him...he turned the ball over, he couldn't find his shot, he couldn't get the offense into any flow, couldn't change the tempo, etc. etc. etc. In a few short minutes Hunter yesterday picked the Cav's defense apart...he got to the hoop for a layin, he got an open 3, he pushed the ball hard up the court.

I don't know what's wrong with Billups...

What The King did was not trolling. He was having a passionate sports debate. If that's trolling then we all are trolls.

I saw nothing improper or out of line. There is no editorial policy where one side or one team has to be supported.