The King

Wow, Pistons Did It

While we had many chances in the last minute, the Pistons did what it took to get the victory. Their 3 point shots did the Cavs in and Sheed really came through with a big game. Your rebounding down the stretch also proved to be killer...

I have to give it up to the Pistons because they earned it tonight.

Game 7 on Sunday, and at this point, I don't know what's going to happen, but I would have to give the edge to the Pistons... :cry:

It's down to a one game series to be played at The Palace. Not what we envisioned in this series, but you really have to like our chances here.

King hasn't done anything wrong in my opinion since he's been here. I'll look forward to seeing him here on Sunday. He's added some fight-back flavor to the forum but has done it pretty respectfully.

Well King. I haven't been active recently in the Pistons forum. I have been on vacation for most of the series.

However you have been a respectful rival fan. I think that your team has done a great job in this series. Of course I hope that the Pistons win. I don't think it is guaranteed but I do hope for it.

Either way your team has a big future with James.

Well King that is a very good post, and im glad your not like most idiots that would just run their yap. Although we pulled it out at the very end of the game, I will give it to the Cav's for playing like the way they have. Lebron James has opened my eyes tonight becuase he is very very very good, your bench played well. The Cav's in a way do remind me of the Pistons in that they play team ball. Good game Cav's and Good Game Pistons!

My sentiments exactly! He came in here asking for this and now he's going to get it. He brought it on himself and I don't give a damn about his humble pie bs. Get out, king, you are indeed a loser!

If anyone needs evidence that losses mature you, just look @ The King pre Game 6 & The King post Game 6.

Kudos for showing up here afterwards.

C'mon, guys -- at least those that are calling the guy out -- it's all in fun. He talked a little smack and we got annoyed, but he manned up after the game and ate some humble pie... just like he said he would. I've given him crap (like calling him Burger, for instance, which won't stop) but he's not being too bad. He knew he was going to take some lumps from us after that win but he's been a man about it. He's alright in my book... but that doesn't mean I'm going to be nice to him in the game thread on Sunday :silly:

Well, he pretty much put himself in the position where he HAD to eat humble pie. What choice did he have? I'm supposed to respect him for that?? I'd have respected him a lot more if he came in acting like someone truly interested in trading perspectives with Piston fans. Instead he came here to brag, ridicule and provoke response. I've been in forums where I'd be in constant communication with fans on rival teams and we were always totally respectful and civil as we traded posts on what was transpiring.

I'll freely admit I am being obnoxious to him so he knows how it feels trying to rub it into people who are already bumming and don't need his help. I will give him credit for coming here to concede but he put himself in that position in the first place.

So, anyway, my obnoxiousness is now done with. And I hope he learned something.

I don't enjoy "the king's" company here. He has been obnoxious, and in some instances just downright rude and immature. He's only ''eating humble pie'' now so he can bide his time and start up all over again for sunday.

King has NEVER personally attacked anyone here. He's been personally attacked actually. Have fun ribbing him back but remember the level of his ribbing which has yet to be anything of a personal nature against any individual person.

I may be wrong but I can't even recall him using a word like "loser" against an individual poster here as was used against him in this thread.

He was called a loser after he proved himself to be one. Not because the Cavs lost tonight but because he shot his mouth off when he could clearly see how down Piston fans were after the last loss and now has to run off with his tail between his legs. He bucked for it, he got it. It was choice to act that way and there has to be payback or he will keep at it. Maybe his attitude didn't bother you but it bothered the hell out of me. When the Pistons lost, I didn't need his help feeling angry and frustrated. All he did, and quite deliberately I might add, is do his best to throw fuel on that fire. He succeeded and it burned him. I found nothing good-natured in it. So I return the favor. It's a harsh world, isn't it?

His input on the game thread was actually quite good. If he'd conducted himself that way when he came in here, I'd have had no issue with him. For a guy who idolizes Lebron, he might want to start acting a little more like him.

You took it like a man King!!!.....It is all in good fun, hell i even started a poll about you just messing around, we cant take everything in here serious, you had us on the ropes, your supposed to talk a little BS! Someone posted earlier that you brought back some flair in here, and i think they are right!....you manned up just like i asked you to in the other thread after the loss and you did, so i respect you for it!

The real story here (which no one seems to want to mention) is the way the mods have handled him. Very very very well done. Color me impressed.

Of course I'm sure I should have been released more than once for some of the fecal matter I've spouted from my pie hole around these parts, so I can't say I'm too surprised that they kept their cool. I still wonder how long-time posters mattingly70 and MCO lost their posting rights here but I guess that is guarded in secrecy, lost in the annals of history, or both.

King has NEVER personally attacked anyone here. He's been personally attacked actually. Have fun ribbing him back but remember the level of his ribbing which has yet to be anything of a personal nature against any individual person.

I may be wrong but I can't even recall him using a word like "loser" against an individual poster here as was used against him in this thread.

Dtroppens, go back and read the game threads. The guy is clearly trolling a Pistons forum, he's not offered any insightful analysis or anything relevant that I can remember, other then rephrasing the same old line, the Pistons are done and Lebron is the greatest.

He's certainly a troll, he is the definition of a troll, adds nothing constructive to the threads other then denigrating the Pistons team, the city of Detroit, and the Detroit fans, of which for some reason as a Pistons fan I take personally. I can do without all of his obligatory Lebron ball washing references on a Pistons home forum as well.

The real story here (which no one seems to want to mention) is the way the mods have handled him. Very very very well done. Color me impressed.

Of course I'm sure I should have been released more than once for some of the fecal matter I've spouted from my pie hole around these parts, so I can't say I'm too surprised that they kept their cool. I still wonder how long-time posters mattingly70 and MCO lost their posting rights here but I guess that is guarded in secrecy, lost in the annals of history, or both.

If this guy would have been a White Sox fan spouting off during a ployoff series with the Tigers, in which the White Sox had an advantage over the Tigers, he would have been long gone, especially if he dominated the game thread with post after post talking smack against the home team.

Dr. Who,

I won't deny he's not here to give us the Xs and Os about the series. He's a Cavs' fan just having a bit of fun. However, as I stated earlier, I haven't seen a situation where he's personally attacked someone individually. Believe me we've watched this situation really tightly the last few days and I am a huge Pistons' fan. However, he's said nothing that has bothered me at all. Actually I find it kind of entertaining. He's one person. Is he telling us much analysis during the games or after? Not really. But he's not being offensive either. He's just a fan pulling for his team and taking a few jabs at us in the process. We Piston fans just have to relax a bit and take it for what it is - just a tad of fun.

We had a Cleveland Indian fan here for about a year that ripped on us. We had people that were ticked by his comments. Again, I found that guy pretty entertaining as well. However, I found him pretty funny and entertaining. If this became troll heaven we may have issues. But right now, King isn't hurting anyone. He's just the friend next door that for some reason pulls for the White Sox and talks a bit of trash. I know some Sox fans and we do the same thing. I'm sure when we play the Sox we'll exchange emails. But when I have tickets available for a Bears game at Detroit, he's the first person I call to see if he wants them. I don't plan on doing that with King, but at the same time I think he's as harmless as that friend of mine.

Chick McGee would talk more than Indians smack, though. Not much, but it was more. He actually contributed a small modicum of something worthwhile at times. And he hung around after the Indians left town.

I expect that we've seen the last of The King unless the Cavs pull the upset on Sunday.