Biff Mayhem

Bruce Glass (Billy Ringo)

Wow those tributes were amazing, it makes me wish I would have posted more here before. Great jobs guys, and God Bless the friends and family of Bruce.

I'm sorry that I don't come around as much as I used too, because I have always enjoyed Billy's words of wisdom. I'm saddened by his passing, but glad that he is in Heaven and has a perfect body once again. So many great tributes here by some great people is a testiment to what this community has grown into.

We can bicker and fight like a bunch of siblings and pull together, feel each other's heartaches, or rejoice in something good that may have happened to one of us. This place is something special indeed, and Billy Ringo was a major reason why.

I have a sudden urge for a beer, excuse me while I head to the fridge.

Okay folks, here is what I did. I printed out this thread (64 pages!) and put it in a white three ring binder. I made a cover page and put an 8" x 10" picture of Bruce and his brother Lloyd inside the slip cover.

Here is what the front of the binder looks like:

Bruce001.jpg

And the cover page on the inside looks like this:

Bruce002.jpg

That is followed by 64 pages of you wonderful people's memories of Bruce.

We'll be giving this to his family tomorrow.

That looks amazing, Biff. Great work. I'm glad I contributed. Bruce, from what I knew here on Motownsports.com was a great man and a voice of reason. How about making May 13 "Billy Ringo Day"?

Although this thread has now been printed for the benefit of Bruce's family and friends, I can't resist another addition, a song that just popped into my head today .....

Randy Travis - He Walked On Water

He wore starched white shirts buttoned at the neck,

And he’d sit in the shade and watch the chickens peck.

And his teeth were gone, but what the heck,

I thought that he walked on water.

He said he was a cowboy when he was young.

He could handle a rope and he was good with a gun.

And my mama’s daddy was his oldest son,--

And I thought that he walked on water.

If the story’s told, only heaven knows.

But his hat seemed to me like an old halo.

And although his wings, they were never seen.

Then he tied a cord to the end of a mop,

And said, "son, here’s a pony, keep her at a trot."

And I’d ride in circles while he laughed alot.

Then I’d flop down beside him.

And he was ninety years old in sixty-three

And I loved him and he loved me.

And lord, I cried the day he died,

’cause I thought that he walked on water.

If the story’s told, only heaven knows.

But his hat seemed to me like an old halo.

And although his wings, they were never seen.

How about making May 13 "Billy Ringo Day"?

Or perhaps the 29th? Which is Bruce's birthday.

BTW Biff, that looks AWESOME! I'm sure his family will cherish that book very much. :classic:

I'd like to go if you guys come up with a date... i kick myself for turning down the chance to meet Billy at the whitecaps game

with the notebook and the flowers. I personally would enjoy hearing anything the family has to say about his comments on all of us moron's and the board.

Thanks again and God bless Billy.

That looks great Biff. It is a terrific remembrance of Bruce and will continue his memory on for many years.

we may have been looking for tissues...

we may have been looking for a suitable final goodbye to our dear friend...

it may have been tacky, but the dear old man would have chuckled...

and all motownsports representatives at the visitation had a hand in this final good bye:

watermark.php?file=1878&size=1

it should be noted before this, the Tigers were down 3-0. As of right now, they are winning 7-4.

What a wonderful video. I hope to live that long and have that kind of family.

Shows the impact a regular guy can have on the world around him. Neat stuff.

Billy Ringo's life put to video. They were showing this at the visitation. What a nicely done presentation.

http://www.lifestorynet.com/film.php?obitid=13902&type=watch

Thank you for sharing that video, it was very nice. And thank you to everyone who represented motownsports.com at the viewing. I know you werent there to represent this forum, but there to represent your friendship, but i thank you anyways.

Thank you for sharing that video, it was very nice. And thank you to everyone who represented motownsports.com at the viewing. I know you werent there to represent this forum, but there to represent your friendship, but i thank you anyways.

We felt like we were representing the forum, because we figure 10 times as many people would have come if not for the issue of time and distance.

Bruce's son-in-law was in tears as he told us what this forum in general - and last Saturday's Whitecaps outing in particular - had meant to Bruce. It was such a simple thing - get your hands on some tickets to a ballgame and invite some people. We learned last night that Bruce had been concerned his health would not allow him to go, but he wanted to attend so badly that finally his brother Lloyd offered to bring him and stay with him.

P.J. told us that, after all the baseball games he had attended in his life, he talked about this one as if it had been the only game he had ever seen.

If you get a chance to do a simple nice thing for someone, do it. You have no idea how much it might mean.

I also feel that we were there to represent the forum. Every time we met another family member - and Lloyd was wonderful at leading and introducing us - he and we said we were 'from the message board', 'from the forum' or 'from the computer' and everyone knew how much Bruce loved the forum. The Glass family is amazing; truly salt of the earth people and I am honored to have met them.

The most beautiful flowers grow from the strongest seed. The family unit is still the bulwark of our civilization. Don't ever forget that.

Sounds like this is certainly the case with the Glass clan .....

Nice tribute. I love that the pic from the recent Whitecaps game made it on there.

everyones time to say a prayer for Billy's family at 1:00, to give them the strength they will need to soldier on without our dear friend.

RIP my friend

As he rode off into the sunset and proudly wore the badge of a bad guy, Billy Ringo proved to us what lives in the heart of a good guy.

I do not get over to bar and grill forums much I just found out. I will read through the thread.

Rest in peace my friend. You were good to the board and will be missed. :cry:

I also feel that we were there to represent the forum. Every time we met another family member - and Lloyd was wonderful at leading and introducing us - he and we said we were 'from the message board', 'from the forum' or 'from the computer' and everyone knew how much Bruce loved the forum. The Glass family is amazing; truly salt of the earth people and I am honored to have met them.

Heh, yeah, Lloyd was awesome last night. At the game last week I talked with both him and Bruce quite a bit before the game started, and I was equally impressed with Lloyd.

I thought it was pretty cool how Bruce's son-in-law and his daughter recognized some of us off of our forum names.