Biff Mayhem

Bruce Glass (Billy Ringo)

I remember at the Whitecaps game last week, I forget what inning, but the 'Caps had a little blunder down on the field, and instantly Bruce's cane was up in the air, and he was yelling about the mental mistake by the player. A moment later, he stood up, started to walk back into the suite, asking for somene to hand him his beer, so he could take a swig of it.

That is a true baseball fan there.

I hope there's baseball in heaven.

If not, I am sure Billy will provide it! He can talk baseball now with some of the great legends of the game!

If not, I am sure Billy will provide it! He can talk baseball now with some of the great legends of the game!

I am sure he and the Aurelios are having a fascinating discussion as we speak, not to mention Norm Cash, Hank Greenberg, Ray Oyler and Dwight Lowry.

Very sad news. I'm pretty new to this forum so I don't know Bruce as much as others...but I know his posts and he will be missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family.

I'm totally broken up right now. Bruce and his brother were very special people, and I will never, ever forget them.

Why did Bruce use Billy Ringo as his I.D. Does anybody know that?

Wow, I didn't even know he was sick, total blindside there. He messaged me just the other day, we'd been talking about, variously, Brandon Inge and female baseball fans. He had this to say about his wife:

"Right now I have one here that I've had for 48 years and she does not wear out, and never will. She is the Queen of my heart. This evening, on a cold, wet, blustery day, she made chicken soup that exceeded in taste and quality ever chicken soup previously known or conceived by the mind of woman."

Which I thought was incomparably sweet.

From the little I knew of him it seems he was firmly in touch with what he loved (his family, his Tigers...), and he set about making himself a thorough expert in those things he did love. Surely that's the mark of a life well lived.

Heck, he was a Brandon Inge fan, there are few higher commendations one can have.

A thousand condolences to his family.

Wow, this totally floored me. I never met or even spoke in private with him, but it was always a pleasure to read his posts and thoughts. His family will be in my thoughts.

This is terribly sad news. I'm at a loss for words....

Good-bye Billy Ringo. You were a good man and a friend.

Reading the Little Things thread, I could not for the life of me figure out what was going on. I am so saddened by this, & my heart goes out to the family.

As much as "Billy" enjoyed our company here (& we his) he got a better offer. I'll see you again, friend. May God bless your hearts during this difficult time.

So he actually passed away while he was writing a message to post on the board? Unbelievable. Well, if I die talking Tiger baseball, that won't be so bad at all.

So he actually passed away while he was writing a message to post on the board? Unbelievable. Well' date=' if I die talking Tiger baseball, that won't be so bad at all.[/quote']

I agree. A fitting way for him to go.

My prayers go out to his family, and to all of us who are diminished by the loss of a good and honorable man. I, for one, will miss his wonderfully ribbld wit and humor.

Rest in Peace, Billy Ringo.

He truly made this board a better place, and I'm referring to something specific here.

Many will remember that he had a terrible tragedy in his life last year, and he took a rather big step in deciding to post a message telling us the details of what had happened. He didn't have to. I doubt many of us would have known about it. It was the first time I could recall that someone had gotten that personal within this community about something like that. (Wingedwheel's thread about his daughter probably came closest, but the information shared wasn't as touchy.)

The responses showed us at our best, and he was the kind of guy to bring that out in us. In the months since, I think that others have been a little more willing to reach out for love - and to reach out with it - as a result of that thread. It was terribly sad, but it was powerful.

Billy Ringo had a huge, and great, impact on this place.

My heart is heavy, it fell as soon as I was told this news. Bruce was a gentleman and I consider myself lucky to have met him last week. I send sincere condolences to his family.

Very sad news. My condolences go out to Bruce's family and friends.

I'm new to this board and I didn't know that much about Billy. What I did know was that he seemed like a really good guy who was going to provide great comments to our discussions. I am so sad that I only was able to read his posts for a few weeks. I get the feeling that the Tigers will have a great year with Billy looking down on them and us.

After reading further I didn't realize the way he went out, oh my.

It looks as if he spent his last 24 hours here on earth doing what he loved best. I really took to heart many of his posts, he was right on with almost everything he said. If your going to go, might as well do it in style......

I'm just saddened that he didn't get to ride along with us in what could be a very exciting year in Tigers baseball. He seemed very pumped about our youngsters and lord knows the man at least deserved on more Tigers winning season before he passed on. Yes he may be here in spirit, but its not the same as him being here in these forums physically posting, I guess though there's not much any of us can do about that.

Take care Billy.

I am so saddened. He brought some great discussion to the table.

Many prayers will go for Bruce and his family.

For those that may have missed it...

That composure is something that the whole team can feed on. If Pudge was supposed to be a leader and role model for the team, Kenny has added greatly by sort of bringing a "settle down" attitude to the mix. Pudge is still a key player, and Kenny may be even more\\\\\

this post was not finished because Bruce passed away while typing this. we will be posting funeral arrangements within the next couple of days. thank you - Bruce's Grandson