MotorCityOrangeman

Motown Fantasy Football League

The MFFL season is heading into the home stretch with only three regular season games remaining. The first four teams make the playoffs, so here's how the standings look...

1. Boilerfan's Bums 9-3-0

2. MotorCityOrangemen 8-3-1

3. Dschonbe's Crushers 8-4-0

4. RedRamage's Leeuw 8-4-0

---

5. MotownTigers.com 7-5-0

6. PA Freak 7-5-0

7. EMJ792 7-5-0

8. Todd's Wolverines 7-5-0

9. Ernest Nzigamasabo 6-6-0

10. DetroitDeath 6-6-0

11. MotorCity Kitties 6-6-0

12. Spanky's Stars 5-7-0

13. Owosso Trojans 5-7-0

14. Paris Lemonheads 2-9-1

15. AceTimbo08 2-10-0

16. Mark the Shark 2-10-0

Oh Yeah!! Sneakin' in at the 4th place spot just under the wire... now I gotta try and hold on to it for the next few weeks!

Well after starting the season 1-6, I am proud to say that I have reeled off 5 straight to even up my record at 6-6. Hopefully, if I can find a starting QB, I can make a run for the playoffs.:cool:

It sucks that only 4 teams out of the 16 in the league make the playoffs. Looks like EN is going to have to pull out 3 more to get in. Game of the week has to be RedRamage vs. Boilerfan... The MCO's could jump into first with an RR victory.

One of the things I like about head-to-head style fantasy leagues vs. rotissarie (sp?) is that you can be bad one week without it hurting you terrible. In fact, if the chips fall you're way, you can even win when you're bad! :)

For example, Boilerfan is currently in the lead based on W/L, which is of course what matters in the end. However, look at his point total. At 775.5, he's got a lower total points than everyone in the #2 through #9 spot. In fact, there are only 6 teams with a lower total points than Boilerfan, and yet instead of being in 10th place, he's in first!

One other quick comment: There is a Consolation Bracket for those teams ranked 5 through 8 at the end of the regular season. They'll have their playoffs to determine final placement for 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th place.

Part of some of the discrepancy in points between some teams is that some of us had slow starts. Half of my drafted team went down to injury in the first week (some in the warm-up for the first game). I've had 5 straight wins and Boiler has had 7 so slow starts hurt us, but with some good acquisitions, we plowed through to the top of the league.

Originally posted by RedRamage

For example, Boilerfan is currently in the lead based on W/L, which is of course what matters in the end. However, look at his point total. At 775.5, he's got a lower total points than everyone in the #2 through #9 spot. In fact, there are only 6 teams with a lower total points than Boilerfan, and yet instead of being in 10th place, he's in first!

Yep, for me it is all about match ups and picking up players at the right time. I also made what i felt were some good trades. They were actually ones that benefited both sides. I traded away Bulger, Moss, and Brad Johnson essentially for Manning, Porter, and F. Taylor.

The team I do not want to face is Ernest's. With a productive QB he could end up winning this.

man if i had a good running back i would probably be in the top 4 instead of 8, my running backs are Anthony Thomas and Micheal Pittman:(

Todd, you had a nice comeback lat week. I thought it was all over on Sunday night with a 10 pt lead and the MCO's having Garcia on MNF and you having Terrell Owens figuring that any pts Owens was going to put up were going to be pts for Garcia too, but you had a big night from one of your defenders which made it a little too close for comfort.

With respect to EN... he has a nice team but with 6 losses he's going to need some help to get into the playoffs.

Well, unless the teams in front of me start losing next week, it looks like my only shot to make it in is to win out including my final game against the Boilerfan's Bums. Tough break to have the most points, only to possibly be shut out from the playoffs... I wished I could have spread those points around a little better!

With a win over cellar-dweller Mark The Shark in a very unimpressive fashion and a Boilerfan loss, the MCO's (9-3-1) have moved into first in the MFFL. With 2 games remaining, the magic number for the playoffs is one with games left with the crosstown rival MotorCityKitties (6-7) and Owosso Trojans (6-7). Losses by MotownTigers.com, Dschonbe's Crushers, and ToddsWolverines would also clinch a playoff spot.

Originally posted by MotorCityOrangeman

Losses by MotownTigers.com, Dschonbe's Crushers, and ToddsWolverines would also clinch a playoff spot.

Don't hold your breath waiting for me to lose... :D