Oblong

6 pm game tonight

Why is the game starting at 6?

I'd be pissed if I had tickets.

Traffic shouldn't be an issue at all. I hear it's quite open and scarce in that area during that time of day. 75 should be clear and free both ways.

Why is the game starting at 6?

I'd be pissed if I had tickets.

Traffic shouldn't be an issue at all. I hear it's quite open and scarce in that area during that time of day. 75 should be clear and free both ways.

HA! You haven't been in that area during rush hour in a while then...have you? It's not the worst area in Detroit at 6 pm, but it's definitely not the best. Pistons Traffic + Rush hour = driving HELL

Trust me, I live down the street

HA! You haven't been in that area during rush hour in a while then...have you? It's not the worst area in Detroit at 6 pm, but it's definitely not the best. Pistons Traffic + Rush hour = driving HELL

Trust me, I live down the street

Methinks you need to turn your sarcasm detector on.

I think its a crock of ****, and the NBA is crapping on their best team to make TV schedules work out.

I think its a crock of ****, and the NBA is crapping on their best team to make TV schedules work out.

Does this surprise you?

Does this surprise you?

Doesn't suprise me at all. But, hey beating the Bucks by 8:30 instead of 10:30 will give the Pistons a couple more hours of rest for the next round.

Whoops I forgot to turn on my sarcasm detector. I agree with Oblong though, its beautiful outdoor country driving in the area between 4-6pm.

But at least this one will be on TV in a house located less than 30 minutes from the Palace unlike game #4.

At first I thought it was a television decision. Then I wondered if it had something to with the othe rsports events tonight. The Tigers are playing at 7, and had the Wings advanced, they'd be playing tonight, too (probably at 8).

Maybe the Pistons requested this arrangement, to stagger traffic.

But at least this one will be on TV in a house located less than 30 minutes from the Palace unlike game #4.

Amen.

Maybe there's a rodeo at the palace on Thursday and they have to set it up and need the extra time.

Okay, this pissed me off. I work until 6 PM (Locally) every night and no sporting events EVER start at friggin 5 Omaha time. This is such a crock of sh*t. So far we've played on NBATV 2x and now we are playing at 5 PM? Man this pisses me off.

At first I thought it was a television decision. Then I wondered if it had something to with the othe rsports events tonight. The Tigers are playing at 7, and had the Wings advanced, they'd be playing tonight, too (probably at 8).

Maybe the Pistons requested this arrangement, to stagger traffic.

I remember they announced the time of this game when they knew the results of another playoff game on Monday. I can't remember which game it was.

I remember they announced the time of this game when they knew the results of another playoff game on Monday. I can't remember which game it was.

Had to be Dallas/Memphis.

The only two games tonight are Eastern Conference games. With no Dallas game and TNT getting all weekday games, the only way to keep a doubleheader is to start one at 6pm. Be even worse to start a game in Cleveland or Detroit at 10 pm.

Had to be Dallas/Memphis.

The only two games tonight are Eastern Conference games. With no Dallas game and TNT getting all weekday games, the only way to keep a doubleheader is to start one at 6pm. Be even worse to start a game in Cleveland or Detroit at 10 pm.

Yes, I think it was.

Doesn't suprise me at all. But, hey beating the Bucks by 8:30 instead of 10:30 will give the Pistons a couple more hours of rest for the next round.

Well, at the absolute minimum, they will have time to have a few victory drinks tonight

Well, best team against the smallest market team left, in what is expected to be a mismatch of a game.

am I the only one who's even more shocked about the fact that we're playing two games in 3 days? What's the league thikning? Isn't the policy 5 days rest between each playoff game?

Well, best team against the smallest market team left, in what is expected to be a mismatch of a game.

perhaps you are correct.

am I the only one who's even more shocked about the fact that we're playing two games in 3 days? What's the league thikning? Isn't the policy 5 days rest between each playoff game?

I was surprised to see such a short span between games.

Lebron will get precedent over the best team every time in the NBA.

sad but true, I'm afraid.

Lebron will get precedent over the best team every time in the NBA.

That's King James to us mere mortals.